Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 11:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
people support R's because they think the D's are even worse.
BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 11:19 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
the polling I am looking at has D's blamed more by 35% and the R's 45%....not that big a difference. do you see different numbers somewher
e?

That ten percents or even a seven percents difference if it hold up or increase by some experts I had hear talking is enough to loss the damn GOP control of the house.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 11:20 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:

LOL.......
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 12:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
You wrote,
Quote:

You'll have to explain how D's are worse?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The gridlock in Washington is affecting the unemployment numbers, because companies will not hire with an unknown economic future.

They don't give a **** about people's lives while they play politics!

Quote:
Weak hiring and worries about a protracted government shutdown pushed the U.S. stock market lower Wednesday.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 01:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hey, hawk, I'm still waiting for your response.

Quote:
You wrote,
Quote:

My question: You'll have to explain how D's are worse?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 01:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:

You'll have to explain how D's are worse?

I made no such claim. you cats who cant follow simple english have become very annoying. no wonder americans cant converse, so few people know how the english language works, how could we?
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 02:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
It's strange that I copied and pasted directly from your post. Do you have a ghost writer? LOL
glitterbag

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 03:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Ted Cruz claims he will donate his salary to Charity if the Senate and Executive branch don't cave to the demand to eradicate a law that has been signed and run past the Supreme Court. That sounds nice doesn't it? I wonder if he plans to claim that as a charitable donation on his tax return? It's a clever plan.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 03:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Not clever at all! He's a douchebag with blood on his hands in trying to deny Americans of universal health care. His "salary" will not help many - maybe the GOP.

His bag of tricks have been exposed, and he has nowhere else to go but down.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 04:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
From Money/MSN.com.

Quote:
10/1/2013 4:30 PM ET|By David Francis, The Fiscal Times
Shutdown cost: $40 million-$80 million a day
After a bruising half decade of crawling back from recession, it’s unclear just how bad the shutdown would be for the economy.

Yup, companies are not hiring without knowing how long congress will freeze government spending.

They're (the GOP) still trying to play "Let's make a deal" while Americans suffer more and more - unnecessarily.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 05:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
That was meant to be sarcastic. Ted Cruz should thank his lucky stars to be here. He father was initially a supporter of Castro, quickly became an opponent and fled to the United States landing in Texas. He was lucky to arrive in this country and to flourish. Now Ted wants to pull the ladder up so that no one else manages to improve his/her circumstances. I don't know how he managed to get the Speaker by the short ones, but then again Boehner seems to believe if he doesn't do anything he can't make a mistake.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:04 pm
I agree that what the Republicans are doing is virtual treason, but I can give lots of examples of the Democrats putting self-interest above the good of the country in other cases. It is really both parties who behave so badly. They don't think they'll be held accountable for their actions. Someone needs to keep readily accessible records on how each congressman voted on each issue so that we know who to kick out. I'm sure that there are Web sites that do that, but they have to be readily accessible to anyone with a computer and formatted in a simple, understandable way.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:06 pm
@Brandon9000,
Keeping records will not result in eliminating the worst of our congress members.

Most voters believe that their own representative are doing a good job. What is so frustrating, is that when it comes to polls on their performance rating, it's now at 10%, but their voting back their reps will continue.
Brandon9000

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Keeping records will not result in eliminating the worst of our congress members.

Most voters believe that their own representative are doing a good job. What is so frustrating, is that when it comes to polls on their performance rating, it's now at 10%, but their voting back their reps will continue.

Disagree. Letting people have easy, easy access to every congressman's record would make it slightly easier for voters to boot out congressmen who do bad things (like this).
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 2 Oct, 2013 08:30 pm
@Brandon9000,
This problem just didn't start this year. Those who wanted to stop this crap could have started two years ago.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 08:06 am
@Brandon9000,
What you dont understand is that people are too lazy to do the research. The information is out there but its easier to just vote for someone you hear others talking about than do the research. Of course one has to check were the information comes from because the Koch types have all kinds of organizations with names like Americans for better government that put out lies.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:21 am
@Brandon9000,
There are several groups that list Congress votes. They are usually single issue groups such as the NRA or NOW. It helps the single issue voter.

The problem with just listing votes is the bills the vote is on can be quite different from how they are portrayed. Congress will even go so far as to play political games with bills by inserting poison pills so they can claim someone voted against an issue. Example not from the real world. A bill titled The Teddy Bear Protection Act may have a provision to allow clubbing of baby seals. Anyone that voted against it would be attacked politically that they don't want to protect Teddy Bears.
Butrflynet

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 12:12 pm
I'm beginning to think that congress needs to return to the practice of single issue bills and not these multi-issue kitchen sink bills.

I remember the days of reaching across the aisles with individuals agreeing to support the other's bill in exchange for a reciprocal support on a bill.

They got lazy and now don't need to talk to each other at all, just pile all the issues into one bill and play tug-o-war with the media as cheerleaders for the conflict generated ratings.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 12:22 pm
@Butrflynet,
"Return to the practice of single issue bills" is a joke. The republicans in congress are the ones who introduced this idea several years ago, and they're the ones who now want to add on "stupid stuff" on legislation to fight to the death of this countries well being and resulting gridlock.
0 Replies