Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/starbucks-ceo-utterly-disappointed-urges-end-government-shutdown-8C11354018

You: a solid D, top notch corporate class operative, is seen taking a "**** them all" approach to washington irresponsibility.

So, how did you move from this to
Quote:
did you forget? a social media based organized effort to vote out of office every single elected official until such time as we get a group where the majority is willing to work for the citizens rather than their political team or the corporate class. they work together for America or else they all leave, and it does not matter how good any one individual is, if the team does not produce then they leave with the rest. I figure this plan would take 3 election cycles to work.

"3 election cycles to work?" You get an "F." Where did you buy your crystal ball? It's junk like your post.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 03:45 am
@hawkeye10,
If your not happy with Washington, Don't slam DC for the shutdown, America: you sent your wackos here.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 04:03 am
@glitterbag,
Timothy Stanley, Oxford historian, has an opinion piece on CNN disagreeing with us. he has it that this is how democracy works, that there is nothing wrong with the people in washington.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 08:49 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
did you forget? a social media based organized effort to vote out of office every single elected official until such time as we get a group where the majority is willing to work for the citizens rather than their political team or the corporate class. they work together for America or else they all leave, and it does not matter how good any one individual is, if the team does not produce then they leave with the rest. I figure this plan would take 3 election cycles to work.

Was this not the plan of the Tea Party? Is the current situation not the result of the representatives they elected? I don't disagree with the desire to get the incumbents out of office, but there are structural issues that need to be fixed. New people won't change things by themselves.

They work together for America? Whose America? I think there is a basic class war starting. Different groups with different needs define themselves as America. Our country is divided and it is getting worse. I don't see any good coming from it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 09:20 am
@IRFRANK,
This so-called class warfare has been going on for several decades, and the GOP is hell-bent to continue on this path. Their idea about taxation is that it's a redistribution of the rich people's money to the poor. They just can't see the damage it's doing to our economy, but look at what they're doing now? They want to destroy our government by holding it hostage to their way or the highway.

The stock market keeps dropping, and when October 17th comes and goes, the US economy and the world's will be in shambles.

All because the GOP are stupid idiots who don't mind destroying this country for their single-minded ignorance to destroy ObamaCare.

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 09:31 am
The entire of this current problem with the government shutdown and the refusal to increase the debt ceiling...

...started with these crazies deciding that they were going to do away with Obamacare.

That was it...that was the MAIN ELEMENT of their disapproval.

Now they have dug a very deep hole...and have jumped into it.

And they are crying because the president and the Democrats will not give them a face-saving way to get out of their hole.

They are laughable incompetents...pretending to have the interests of the country in mind.

They fully deserve all the crap that will come their way because of this fiasco.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 10:23 am
@IRFRANK,
one need look no further than A2K to see that there is in America a broad unwillingness and maybe inability to work with those who have different ideas than we do. we need to take the concept of multiculturalism and inclusion to the world of ideas. a social networking push from the grass roots towards this end could work. The american people are poorly educated but we are not stupid, we can rise above the intolerance that we have been taught.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 04:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
Your observations are really, really, screwy! Many of those GOP law makers are attorneys, educators, mayors, governors, judges and state legislators.

Quote:
A closer look at the prior occupations and previously held public offices of Members of the
House and Senate at the beginning of the 113th Congress, as listed in their CQ Roll Call Member
Profiles,9
also shows the following:
• 51 Senators have previous House service;
• 102 educators, employed as teachers, professors, instructors, school fundraisers,
counselors, administrators, or coaches (90 in the House, 12 in the Senate);
• 2 physicians in the Senate, 17 physicians in the House (including 1 Delegate),
plus 2 dentists, 2 veterinarians, and 1 psychiatrist;10
• 3 psychologists (both in the House), an optometrist (in the Senate), and 5 nurses
(all in the House);
• 5 ordained ministers, all in the House;
• 33 former mayors (24 in the House, 9 in the Senate);
• 10 former state governors (all 10 in the Senate)11 and 8 lieutenant governors (4 in
the Senate, 4 in the House, including 2 Delegates);
• 7 former judges (all in the House), and 32 prosecutors (8 in the Senate, and 24 in the House, including a Delegate), who have served in city, county, state, federal, or military capacities;
• 1 former Cabinet Secretary (in the Senate), and 2 Ambassadors (one in each
chamber);
• 262 state or territorial legislators (219 in the House, including 2 Delegates, and
43 in the Senate);12

Intellect has nothing to do with stupidity of how they act in congress or in government.

The GOP is refusing to listen to the business community to end this freeze, but they have gone deaf and dumb. They still believe that destroying our economy and ObamaCare is worth more than any backlash.

TNCFS

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 07:27 pm
A word of caution. Fidelity Investments sold all of their short-term treasuries today, because they are in fear that when the debt ceiling is not approved, they won't be able to pay off on their bonds.

I've been selling my treasures for over two years to a) reduce my holdings in treasuries because holding them only loses money, b) if and when the market gets flooded with US treasuries, the value will drop, and c) holding them is only a huge gamble when they don't even keep up with inflation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 09:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
New poll on congress' approval rating is now at 5%. I wonder why it didn't hit zero. It should be at minus 100%.

They're destroying this country's economy.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 09:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Considering margin for error, it may be 2% or less.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 09:31 pm
@edgarblythe,
Still too high! That 5% (or 2%) only proves there are people in this country who don't understand it when they're harming their own interests. Or, it could be that top 10% voting approval for congress.

They could care less. A few million loss isn't going to hurt them.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 09:37 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This was copied from a NYT article earlier this year.

Quote:
“As dysfunctional as it might seem, I see Congress as trying to grapple with the diversity of this country, and a president who’s trying to demonize people,” Mr. Hamer said. “There’s tremendous polarization, and I don’t understand where the spirit of conceding and cooperating is. A leader that’s negative is not going to be successful in a government that’s got to win consensus.

Some people wouldn't understand a hold up if he was facing a gun!
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 12:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

And they are crying because the president and the Democrats will not give them a face-saving way to get out of their hole.

Ah yes, it was a strategy ill-conceived by the aggressiveness of one Ted Cruz and his ilk, a loud-mouth six month senator with the ability to sway the not too alert Republican congress who is consumed with hatred for Obama and his offspring, "The Affordable Health Care." I'm not definitively sure whose idea it was to shut down the government and simply out wait Obama who out of sheer exhaustion they hoped would give in and offer to repeal his one single-achievement, his legacy for the majority of the American people.... whoever it was they introduced a stupid asinine idea.

The fabulously wealthy Koch brothers, with many industries, manufacturing productiveness saw they were about to take a hit in this latest right-wing scheme which along with other billionaires they had bankrolled; they, and properly so, were apprehensive their business empire might be impacted if there were to be a default, something these extremists were happily heading towards. The Koch brothers' letter to congress soon set the idiots back on the right path. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"Face-saving" way out, as your post indicate, is what the mislead congress is all about now after inverting the smooth running of our government, a government that is making signs of slowly recovering from the GWB years of neglect and waste if it were not for the less than bright right-wing Tea Party, a faction whose aim is to destroy, ruin anything put out by the current president along with the Affordable Health Care act which is similar in many ways to Medicare, Medicaid, and SocSec, entitlements the Republicans have long wanted to privatize, so in a way one can see why they're having conniptions for having failed BIG TIME!!!!!!!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 07:09 am
This from a story on the failure of the government to pay death benefits for soldiers killed in action during the shutdown

Quote:
The father of fallen soldier Pfc. Cody Patterson, 24, of Oregon delivered a direct message to elected representatives in Washington on Tuesday as he prepared to see his son’s body returned in Delaware.

“If Congress were trapped in a car that sunk down in a river, I would swim to the window, and I would look them all in the eye and say, ‘Suck water,’” Randall Patterson said.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/10/20896468-pentagon-warned-of-cuts-to-military-death-benefits-days-before-shutdown?lite
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 08:16 am
It will be interesting to see if America follows through in the next elections and votes out incumbents. I don't have much hope. They have gotten very good at avoiding responsibility.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 09:01 am
@IRFRANK,
I agree; even back then, the performance rating for the congress was very low. Just because voters now say they're at 5% doesn't mean much when it comes to voting time.

Our government isn't broken, the voters are!
RABEL222

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 10:06 am
@cicerone imposter,
CI and Frank are both right in their condemnation of the U S of A voters. I am beginning to understand why there are so many armed insurrections in the world.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 11:51 am
@RABEL222,
You get the govt you deserve.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 12:06 pm
@IRFRANK,
amen

This ongoing freeze is also impacting all levels of tax revenues and the collection of social security and Medicare taxes.

The GOP no not what they do, and we keep voting them into office.
They want to talk about reducing the budget deficit - all while reducing tax revenue.

TNCFS