Ted Cruze is blaming Reid for holding the American People hostage

glitterbag

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

You do know, don't you, that Ted Cruz is a US Senator and no amount of corrupt manipulation can gerrymander an entire state?

Texas doesn't even have to be your stomping ground to know this.

I have a lot of family in Texas, but I'd rather visit. Don't care to join them. Your Governor Perry recently visited Maryland trying to convince our businesses to relocate to your Lone Star State. He didn't get a warm reception. Apparently he was unaware that people and businesses value education, and try to live and work where their children can attend good schools.

His flirtation with the idea of seceding from the Union is not something that inspires confidence. The Civil War doesn't inspire nostalgia and yearning for an imaginary way of life where we sat on the veranda and sipped mint julips.

Texas is beautiful, I enjoy the culture. And as far as corruption, Tom Delay was cleared of all the charges, but he worked his ass off redrawing districts. Districts in Maryland were redrawn and submitted to the voters during the 2012 election. The new map is a joke, I voted against it but it passed anyway. There is one thing you can always count on, voters seldom care about all the issues on the ballot so gerrymandering proceeds unabated everywhere.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:20 pm
@glitterbag,
It's not only about seceding, the Civil War, funding education, or trying to attract businesses to the Lone Star State. They have too many crazies in politics that wants to take us back to the middle ages, and Texans keep voting them into office!

TNCFS

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:31 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I want the GOP to default on the debt ceiling. It will impact everybody everywhere, and it will tell the world that the GOP are a bunch of crazies.

People can continue to vote them back into office, and will make people wonder all around the world that "The US Has Lost It For Everybody" to "make their point." It will also prove to the world that democracy does not work.

There's still a 50/50 chance that can happen. They're 'that' stupid.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:32 pm
@glitterbag,
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/files/2013/06/Real-GDP-by-state-2012.jpg
MD 2.4
TX 4.8

Facts are a bitch aint they.......
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
That's a gross misrepresentation about economics by states.

California is the 12th largest economy in the world. Percent change by state has very little meaning - except for people like you!
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Percent change by state has very little meaning
explain
parados

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
Pulling one stat out and trying to make it something it isn't is a bitch hawk.

Simply compare 2 oil states, Tx and ND. If we assume TX has the same growth from oil as ND then we have to assume they have a decline in other business types.
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 01:53 pm
@parados,
texas is doing very well economically, which means its people are. we can debate how much government has to do with this but perception is reality politically, people blame government with things are not good and credit government when things are. it would seem that arguing that texas is not doing economic policy well is a lost cause, as well as is arguing that the people are electing the wrong people...according to the people their politicians are doing great work, as evidenced by their paychecks.

how do you argue successfully that small government and the resulting low taxes are bad in the face of the success of Texas?
hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
I have a cook from Indiana, he claims that things are going well back home because the R's are privatizing everything, an assertion worth looking into so far as the argument in this thread that the R's are wrong about economic theory.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
I've already explained; it's more important how good the economy is based on world criteria. 12th best GDP in the world means something to most people.

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
GDP bought with debt in our case, we have the third worse debt per capita in the world. but all states split up the purchased GDP, and it appears that Texas gets more than its fair share.
parados

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Texas may be doing well but how about Texans in general?

Average income in Texas - $39,493
Average income in Maryland - $49,025

Certainly the paychecks in Maryland are a lot better than in Texas.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:34 pm
@glitterbag,
There are plenty of good schools where I live and more people are moving to Texas than to Maryland (despite the fact that the federal government keeps bloating). Do you suppose that the people moving here don't care about their kids' education?

I'm glad you like Texas.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

They have too many crazies in politics that wants to take us back to the middle ages, and Texans keep voting them into office!

But what would we do with all of our oil? Boil it and pour it down on the heads of the peasants storming our castles?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 03:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What castles? With interest rates increasing, more people are not qualified to buy homes/castles. With the extended Great Recession into another Great Depression, it won't matter. The rich can swim in their billions with nothing to buy in the market place.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:17 pm
@parados,
If you like to work for Burger King, you can get a swell job in Texas.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:57 pm
Quote:
Monday, October 7, 2013

Dear Friends:

Like so many of you, I find myself utterly disappointed by the level of irresponsibility and dysfunction we are witness to with our elected political leadership. This weekend I heard from several business leaders who shared their concern about our relative silence and impact in urging the political leadership to act on behalf of the citizenry. I hope you share my view that it is our responsibility to address the crisis of confidence that is needlessly being set in motion. I’d like to encourage you to consider what your companies and organizations can do to help shift the norms of our country back toward civility, compromise and problem-solving.

At Starbucks, we are planning actions in the coming weeks to galvanize our customers, inspire our people and encourage the communities we serve to come together to take care of each other. In uncertain moments such as these, it is time for us as citizens and business leaders to remind our employees and customers that we stand with them. Perhaps through these actions, we can remind the Congress and the President of their duty to put citizenship over partisanship for the sake of our country and the world at large.

Please join me in pleading for civility and a respectful, honest discourse among politicians to bring a solution to the current stalemate. I don't pretend that both parties are equally to blame for this crisis. But, I do think they are equally responsible for leading us to a solution. We have to do what we can to mitigate and avoid the unintended consequences that the current political direction is leading the country and world toward. Let’s start by pushing for solutions and speaking out against posturing and blaming. The humanity and conscience of our country depends on it.

I am eager to hear your thoughts and ideas on what else we can do together to move us past this crisis in leadership.

Respectfully,

Howard Schultz

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/starbucks-ceo-utterly-disappointed-urges-end-government-shutdown-8C11354018

a solid D, top notch corporate class operative, is seen taking a "**** them all" approach to washington irresponsibility.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Okay, hawk, give us your "ideas" on how to fix our government(s)?

Present your's so "we" can grade you! LOL
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
Your percentage increase of GDP by state makes less sense now. What are you trying to disprove? LOL
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Okay, hawk, give us your "ideas" on how to fix our government(s)?

Present your's so "we" can grade you! LOL

did you forget? a social media based organized effort to vote out of office every single elected official until such time as we get a group where the majority is willing to work for the citizens rather than their political team or the corporate class. they work together for America or else they all leave, and it does not matter how good any one individual is, if the team does not produce then they leave with the rest. I figure this plan would take 3 election cycles to work.