I think I'll be able to find you. :wink:
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 09:14 am
nice of you to mention me first! Laughing
0 Replies

Blackie Chan

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:33 pm
I might be in the area on saturday, so I might drop by.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 02:45 pm
Blackie, If you live in Toronto, you ARE in the area. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 05:25 pm
Blackie - it would be really nice to meet you. I hope you are able to join us.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 06:55 pm
Blackie, If I can travel from California to London for the first European meet, you can certainly travel across town in Toronto. There just ain't any excuse, unless you're in a hospital bed.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:30 am
Well, it looks like I'm working in the evening on the 24th, but I think I may be able to swing the lunch and the work, provided the client doesn't want anything too complicated.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:30 am
it is tantamount to 'treason', allowing mere 'work' to interfere with actual enjoyment!!! Shocked

[ oh, the excitement! ]
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:32 am
Yep, I shall try my best today to get everything done, so I can make it to the event.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:33 am
"try"ing is just not good enough!!! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:35 am
Hmm....is a "try" cycle just training for a shame spiral? Laughing
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:40 am
no a 'tricycle' is very cold, made from ice, sharp and spiky, and has one spike going up, one going down, and one..............

LOOK OUT !!!!!!!!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:40 am
ouch, that must have hurt! Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:41 am
Laughing My balls are afraid....very afraid...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 10:17 am
be afraid
very afraid

I'll be in the area, wandering around earlier. Wandering toward My Market Bakery for 12:30. Wandering off to be at Kim Hoa at 1:00 p.m.

Hopin' to see a friendly face or two, maybe a new one or two?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 01:57 pm
have a little somethign for me! Lurking still.
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 04:03 pm
Beth, I think I will be there Smile

I'll aim for 1:00 p.m. but I'm coming from Durham and the Parkway's closed for the weekend AND I still have a couple things to clear before I'll know for sure...but it seems probable.

I'll be the confused looking, blondish, middle aged (say it ain't so) woman in a black leather coat. I should mention *shortish* and nearsighted, too.

I haven't forgotten your suggestion that I troll for free steamed dumplings! That's what sold me on coming!

It will be a pleasure!

Is it just us? Bogowo, maybe Cav...? How will I know you? Is it a large restaraunt? Approaching each table and whispering "Able2Know?" might get me in trouble. Of course it'll be no problem if Cav brings his sign or if Bogowo really is an alien Smile

(Confession: I have never eaten a steamed dumpling)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 05:57 pm
Joeblow, it would be great to meet you in person.
Blackie Chan has hinted that he (I'm pretty sure Blackie is a he) will try to drop by. Bo, and his bike, will be there. Hopefully, cav and his lovely mrs. fancy. And I'm holding out great hope that Wenchilina will be there. k e v i n hopes to join us at another time.

I know a couple of fast ways to get into town from your area (my parents, hamburger and mrs. h, live in Kingston, so I'm often coming back in from the east end), but I'm not sure how comfortable you are with Toronto streets. I'd recommend (as a very easy route) getting off the 401 at Kingston Road, following that west until it turns into the Danforth - and then pulling into a sidestreet near (and north of) Woodbine - parking there, and transitting it the rest of the way in from Woodbine station. (take the subway west to Spadina - go up one flight of stairs to the Spadina streetcar - take the streetcar south (no other option) to Dundas - and walk 1.5 blocks north to Kim Hoa (on the west side of Spadina).

The Kim Hoa is not large - maybe 10 or 15 tables. I'll try to think of something A2K'ish to i.d. us.

I haven't coloured my hair lately, so I'll be the shortish, roundish, shoulder-length reddish-haired (which may be poofity if it's humid), middle-aged type of female person. (i really need to think of a sign)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:00 pm
hmmmm, since I will be doing some Spadina-ing before I arrive, I will probably have an over-stuffed knapsack, or an over-stuffed knapsack and a collection of plastic bags with me - maybe a bag full of new shoes?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2004 06:09 pm
I'll do my best to make it....had a whopper of a migraine today, and I'm running a bit late. Most likely, I will catch you at Kim Hoa. I don't think I can get there earlier than 1 P.M.
0 Replies