BoGoWo

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 08:21 am
and i was 'thinking' we were going to concentrate on the 'delicious people' around us - you know the 'gourmet of the eyes, and ears'.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 08:32 am
i'd have to opt out if we moved away from the kensington/spadina zone, as i have made other plans based on the spadina vortex.

(pssssssst i picked Kim Hoa for its extreme inexpensiveness (and decent food)- hoping to get one or two of our student-budget types to join in)
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:19 am
BoGoWo wrote:
and jj; what were those 'cons' again???

Oh just small stuff. Like losing my house and income (gulp!)

(jjorge to self)
hmmmm... these street people seem to do ok in San Francisco...wonder if I could do that in Toronto?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:20 am
hmmmmm
i think we could hook ya up, up here, jjorge

and we're not that far away

really
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:21 am
i promise to visit often, and bring a blanket, or two............
O.K., O.K., i'll even buy you a coffee, now and then!

and hell, it's spring!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:23 am
<achoo>
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:24 am
an aside to Mr. Fancy; (and the missus) its a date, at some other time to be arranged - the "other" place, i mean! Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 09:24 am
is it warm in tranna today, BGW? it's freakin' freezin' here in The Limestone City.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 10:12 am
ahhhh, Kingston(e) on 'tario, a lovely scenic location on the shores of the great blue/brown source of our lubricant.

Oh yes, 'temperature???

my in/out digi is telling me that in here it is a balmy 11.4 deg. C. (by choice, with all the windows open)

and the outer limit seem to be 22.4 deg. C. way gone, and beyond the predicted 6, i think.
(but the wee lil thingy that picks up the info from space, as it were, is in full sun - something we weren't supposed to have any of)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 05:11 pm
soooo, the snow they promised for tonight doesn't look like it will be coming to pass. good thing that. i've about had enough winter for the year.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 05:28 pm
Mmm, everything still sounds cool to me, including going out with Bo and Mrs. cav at a another date to the Dim Sum Shop (not terribly far from the Cupcake Place) for anyone else who is interested. Ottawa sucks! Leafs rule! I don't even watch hockey. I don't have to. I can tell by the horns honking ousitde my window who won and who lost. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 06:22 pm
If you guys want "San Francisco A2K Gathering April 9-12, 2004" golf caps, let me know. I can spare - quite a few. I can send them to cav. Number, please. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:20 am
It's bucketing rain, and lord tunderin' lightnin' too. Holding a nervous little red dog on my lap and typing with one hand.

Here's hoping next Saturday is drier!

Now what time did BoGoWo suggest? Must scroll back and look.

I'm hoping one of my colleagues and her beau can join us. She moved to Toronto from Kiev about a year and a half ago, and he joined her here just before Christmas. He's still learning about the wondrous joys of Toronto. She's a great fan of the Kim Hoa. We were two of five patrons there one day last winter, during SARS. We had to walk through a Paul Martin photo op to get in. We couldn't figure out who the media frenzy was about.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:23 am
o.k., 1 p.m. Kim Hoa, next Saturday. I'll be in front of My Market Bakery from about 12:30 - 12:45 unless it is truly bucketing rain.

All Torontonians, and nearby travellers are absolutely encouraged to join us.

<must think of some kind of A2K identifier>
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 09:30 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
If you guys want "San Francisco A2K Gathering April 9-12, 2004" golf caps, let me know. I can spare - quite a few. I can send them to cav. Number, please. Wink

Now where is the group picture of that in SF?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 10:56 am
I tried and failed. Sorry guys; too late to be of any help.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 11:04 am
You have no idea how much your post just puzzled me, c.i.
I hadn't seen your earlier note to the fancyboy.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 17 Apr, 2004 12:11 pm
husker, Only PDid and I wore those caps during the course of our gathering. The others claimed it would ruin their hairdo. Wink
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 08:18 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
husker, Only PDid and I wore those caps during the course of our gathering. The others claimed it would ruin their hairdo. Wink

damn C.I.ssy; i don't want anything to detract from my curly locks!
(there might be those in TO t'would find a degree of 'humour' in that)
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 18 Apr, 2004 08:23 am
and as for the 'recognition' factor; could we not use the a2k 'family neanderthal' resemblance as a clue?

or should we bring placards?

and how will we know when all have arrived?
(i suppose the late comers (no slur intended) will have to find their way to Kim Hoa, on their own.)
0 Replies