Kerry's Doomed Mideast Plan

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 03:08 am
MY OPINION:

The "peace process" going on over there is as much a peace process as FOX News is News!

There is NO peace process going on.

Both sides get much more out of the status quo...hatred and war.

There will never be "peace" there.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 03:18 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
The "peace process" going on over there is as much a peace process as FOX News is News!
come on, no one but Kerry ever took the latest "peace Process" seriously, not even Fox News.
0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 04:04 am
@Frank Apisa,
Maybe. Still, wouldn't be wise not to try.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 07:03 am
@hawkeye10,
You're the stupid one. Guess you didn't understand my post, but not understanding things is a way of life for you.
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 07:56 am
@0bserver,
I sound like someone who heard about a ME peace process before... Many times before. For all intent and purposes, Israel has peace. Why should they sacrifice anything? They will continue to collonize the West Bank and intimidate the locals into submission for as long as they posibly can.
InfraBlue

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 03:58 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:
Of course, the big problem is that the Pals will only enter into an agreement that effectively spells out the demise of Israel. It is more than silly to expect Israel to enter into such an agreement.

BTW, I understand that thousands of Pals enter into Israel daily to work. Despite this, not a single Israeli may safely enter into the WB and Gaza.

If it ends in peace, then the demise of Israel should be hastened.

But the Zionists prefer their discriminatory and oppressive ethnocentric state, the ultimate psycho/sociological maladaptive coping method for their collective post-traumatic stress disorder, and the concomitant conflict that perpetuates the feeling of persecution which perpetuates the negative behavior. The US' support merely enables this destructive pycho/sociological behavior.

Given the socioeconomics of occupation, it's advantageous to the Zionists to exploit cheap Palestinian labor. If the roles were reversed, the Zionists would find themselves in the Palestinians' position.

Israeli solders regularly enter the West Bank on their occupation patrols, like the ones who crashed a Palestinian wedding in Hebron. They weren't attacked. They were danced with.
0bserver

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2013 04:11 pm
@Olivier5,
1. Most Israelis don't want to control Palestinians and they do want them to have their own state.

2. I don't know what peace for Israelis now you mean.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel
izzythepush

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 03:19 am
@0bserver,
Quote:
Robin al-Abed, 32, was shot in the chest as he tried to get from his home to his workplace, and Jihad Asslan, 20, was pronounced brain dead after being shot on the roof of his house where he had gone to watch the clashes, said a neighbour of the men, Abu Omar Hammad. The third dead man was Younis Jahjouh, 22, who was also shot in the chest.

Hammad, 46, who sells sweets in the camp, said he had been woken by his children at 6am to find "soldiers smothering the neighbourhood". He said he saw al-Rabed shot as he tried to get to his job with the UN Palestinian refugee agency, Unrwa.

"He was not throwing stones. The soldiers opened the back door of their jeep and shot him in the chest.
The bullet came out of his back and he was puking blood. I called an ambulance, but it was prevented from entering the camp," he said.

"I've seen many incursions in this camp, but this was different. They came to kill."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/aug/26/palestinians-shot-dead-israel-funerals
0 Replies

Olivier5

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 06:17 am
@0bserver,
1. Most Israelis couldn't care less for Palestinians, as long as they can keep stealing their land with impunity. When they wish the Pals would rule themselves, they mean within the Indian reservation, and so as to save taxpayer's sheckel...

2. Israel enjoys peace because the Pals for the most part have stopped defending themselves. I don't blame them mind you, but they are damned if they do resist, and damed if they don't. A few rockets here or there make no difference. That's petty crime, easy to handle.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 09:02 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

There is NO peace process going on.

I'm with you on that, Frank. The US's influence throughout the middle east is continuing to diminish as we speak, primarily, but not the only reason, because America is seen as weak on settlements and the Arabs realize Israel controls middle east policy. That little tiny nation is so damn sure of itself that it dared to announce the building of new settlements during the US Vice President's visit to Israel a couple of years ago. Now that was a truly Israeli calculation, while sending a message to all Arabs that Israel is standing on firm footing with the US and its building of settlements! What Israel fails to realize is a firestorm of hatred for the Zionist nation is beginning to rage throughout the world.

Why the charades on the US part is beyond me unless they just want to pretend they're doing something for their not too bright supporters. Powerful voices in the media are forever saying the US must be involved in the Peace Process to move it forward and yet NOTHING HAS BEEN ACHIEVED IN THIS AREA!

The Palestinian's bid for international recognition, is viewed by Israel as an effort to isolate and delegitimize the Jewish state, and to extend the conflict into new arena such as the International Criminal Court.....Israel is correct!!!! This seems to be the safest process to a sure victory for the Palestinians; the US could not prevent the Palestinian Authority from applying to the United Nations General Assembly for recognition....although lordy they certainly did try! Why the picayune fear of allowing the Palestinians a home?! Why the unholy fear of Israel?!?!? The Jews are no better than the Palestinians whom some in Israel consider "subhuman"!!!!!! To me, Israel fits that description more so than the Palestinians.

The United Nations voted overwhelmingly, Thursday, November 29, 2012, to recognize a Palestinian state, but not an independent Palestinian full statehood, which would have to come through negotiations with Israel; a vote of 138-9, with 41 abstentions. The Vatican is the only other entity in the U.N. that shares the same status.

Now one wonders how long this latest fiasco will last by the US and Israel who continue to stall.

Sometimes walls which seem insurmountable will be knocked down. The Palestinians are on their way to achieving their goal with most of the world on its side but without the aid of the US. The US works for the Israeli government, or at least, the US congress does!
oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:38 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:
Ancient Israelis lost their Israel and were chased out of Palestine; a couple thousand years later, they manage to get part of that land (56%) back, but they are not satisfied. What do they want now?!

They want the Palestinians to stop murdering them, and they want you to stop lying about them.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Another Holocaust to complete their dream of owning the entire area?!!!!

No, they'll be happy just to have people stop murdering them and lying about them.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
There is much conspicuous European anti-Semitism at this particular time in history, but a great deal of it stems from the oppression meted out against the Palestinians by the Israelis.

No. The only cause of anti-Semitism is anti-Semites.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
The same apply here in the US although anti-Semitism is not as pronounced because criticism against Jews is almost forbidden!....Jews owned the media.

LOL! Nonsense!

Moment-in-Time wrote:
But trust me, there's a lot of disdain for that group under the surface due to Palestinian suffering and the use of the American taxpayer money to build illegal settlements!!!!!

No, anti-Semitism is limited to the fringe. Most Americans do not partake in such kookery.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
In the US white supremacy is still dominant

I had a lot of fun on the old board watching you and Olivier squirm when you tried to ignore the reality that one of your anti-Semite buddies was also a white supremacist.

That took some hardcore discog on you guys' part. Very Happy

Anyway, white supremacists are hardly dominant in America. Americans shoo them off into the corner with all the anti-Semites.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
During my research of the Holocaust, both in Europe and the US, I have found people disliked the Jews primarily because it was believed they had killed Jesus. The majority of Europeans, at the time, were illiterate, like the rest of the world, and religion played a commanding role in their minds. No matter how many times people were told the Romans killed Jesus, it always ended with people describing Jews as "Christ Killers."

Anti-Semitism takes many forms. For example, note your weird nonsense about "Jews owning the media" above.

And sometimes anti-Semitism takes the form of a fictitious claim that Jews are committing some sort of atrocity.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
So in many ways Palestine is a fitting place for Jews to be along with its Islamic brothers and Christians as the three branches of Abrahamism. But it seems the Jews want it all, ALL THE LAND THAT IS, and only scraps left over for the Muslims and Christians.

Funny how Israel is always willing to trade land for peace.....

That said, Muslims and Xians have no business claiming Jewish territory for themselves. They should be rather grateful that Israel is willing to trade land for peace.

Moment-in-Time wrote:
Shame, that! Because human nature being what it is, there will never be peace with one religion trying to get rid of the others for their land.

The only religion doing that is: Islam.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
the jews dont want peace and the arabs are to fractured to to negotiate peace. War is wanted by both.

Not at all. Israel would be delighted to have peace.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
come on, no one but Kerry ever took the latest "peace Process" seriously, not even Fox News.

That is incorrect. There is a real possibility that this could lead to peace. That's why the anti-Semites are suddenly so desperate to lie about Israel.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:40 pm
@Olivier5,
Olivier5 wrote:
For all intent and purposes, Israel has peace. Why should they sacrifice anything? They will continue to collonize the West Bank and intimidate the locals into submission for as long as they posibly can.

Israel prefers to make peace via negotiated agreements.

They can indeed achieve their peace through military superiority however.

I'd recommend that people achieve peace with them through negotiated agreements. But either way will work.

(People who make the "wrong choice" should not bother whining about the consequences.)
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 01:47 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Any attempt at such would lead to peace all right, but not any sort of peace that would be to your liking.

It would be the eerie silence left after the people who were attacking Israel had all been killed.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 02:06 pm
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Sometimes I am ashamed to be an American citizen.

Rabel, I admire your posts. I'm an American, and normally proud to be one, but with the US foreign policy controlled by the icky country Israel, and Netanyahu coming to America sticking his Israeli nose in US presidential campaign politics, voicing his personal choice for the opposition, the a-s-s-H-o-l-e Mitt Romney, I felt nothing but downright pure loathing for the Zionist PM. I'm like you in that I'm reaching that demarcation line of being almost ashamed to be American.
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 03:03 pm
@Olivier5,
"1. Most Israelis couldn't care less for Palestinians"
and you're saying this based on what?

"When they wish the Pals would rule themselves, they mean within the Indian reservation, and so as to save taxpayer's sheckel..."

I don't get it. Are you against Palestinian self rule? I'm confused with all the anti-Israeli opinions here. Make up your mind please.

"2. Israel enjoys peace because the Pals for the most part have stopped defending themselves. "
Right, instead of defending against the IDF they prefer attacking civilians :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2012

"A few rockets here or there make no difference. That's petty crime, easy to handle. "

A few rockets?
As of November 2012, over 2,256 rockets had been launched at Israel from Gaza since January 2012.

How would you handle this ? please tell me
0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:49 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
"icky country Israel"

Very nice.. very unbiased, mature and .. academical I'd say
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 05:56 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:

Any attempt at such would lead to peace all right, but not any sort of peace that would be to your liking.

It would be the eerie silence left after the people who were attacking Israel had all been killed.

uh-huh.
0 Replies

0bserver

Reply Mon 2 Sep, 2013 06:05 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
"Palestinians whom some in Israel consider "subhuman" "
Who ever told you this nonsense?

"To me, Israel fits that description more so than the Palestinians."

So you see Israelis as "subhuman"? What's next? Send them all to Treblinka?
Antisemitism in the West is not even hiding anymore.
0 Replies