Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 09:42 am
@revelette,
I know, it's awful, just awful.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 09:45 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Sorry, that kind of rhetoric doesn't work on me. I don't do shame.

Or, perhaps, the rodeo audience was just obeying orders?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 09:50 am
@revelette,
revelette wrote:

I don't understand why it is so hard to understand. Big lips is a stereotypical black feature used by racist folks to demean black folks. Why else would blubbing the lips of the clown of Obama have been half as hysterically funny to the audience?

Not having seen the episodes of Amos 'N Andy, someone that came here as an adult could be at a disadvantage to understand this country's social history. However, anyone who learned about the Nazi era, and the graduated evolution from ape to Aryan might be just a little disingenuous, in my opinion.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 09:53 am
@Foofie,
Quote:
Not having seen the episodes of Amos 'N Andy,....

The characters you saw in Amos and Andy were all basically good people with the single partial exception of George Stevens. There was nobody on that show who you'd want to insult or compare with Bork Obunga.
Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:10 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Quote:
Not having seen the episodes of Amos 'N Andy,....

The characters you saw in Amos and Andy were all basically good people with the single partial exception of George Stevens. There was nobody on that show who you'd want to insult or compare with Bork Obunga.

I believe that many whites of that era liked the show, since it portrayed Blacks as almost childlike, mispronouncing words, etc. It made them no threat to white dominance of society. In otherwords, the show did the work of white prejudice, by effectively making Blacks seem of little consequence to white society. With Blacks today being educated, and in politics, government, and corporations, people that would prefer a society dominated exclusively by white (Christians) do not get such a steady diet of input, making Black Americans seemingly innocuous. In my opinion, the rodeo incident might reflect pent up emotions having a rare catharsis.

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:24 am
@revelette,
Quote:
but right now with the military killing so many people, I don't see why we should support it.

Rev, that is the entire history of the USA. Either the US killing so many people/ innocents or the US hiring thugs to kill so many people/innocents.

You've been supporting brutal dictators all over the planet since forever. What is it right at the present moment that is getting you all upset?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:33 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Stop with the "I just don't understand what you are getting at" routine...and get real.

I believe you are wasting your time Airman Apisa.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:35 am
@firefly,
Quote:
You think Reagan is still President?

You're only pretending to be vacuous, right, FF? I hope.

That was illustrative of how your letters/protests are received.

Quote:
"vitally important to keep chipping away at the 200 years of vacuous propaganda."

It's actually working, FF. A2Kers are much much less likely these days to post the blatant propaganda tho' obviously, for such brainwashed people, some still slips in.

Admittedly, y'all are having a tremendously difficult time coming out of your delusions as to what the US really is, but that again just points up how effective the US propaganda has been.

You yourself promised to discuss it but seemingly, you can't even bring yourself to participate in any thread discussing US war crimes and terrorism.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:38 am
@Foofie,
If anybody had asked me who my main television heroes were in 1955 I'd have told them Paladin and George Stevens.
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:43 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Not by condemning the actions in Egypt that's for sure.

I condemn all actions around the world where innocents are murdered by dictatorships, Izzy.

You shouldn't be sucking up to FF and pointing the finger at me. [you're only doing it in retaliation because you've been caught out a number of times.] I can't recall any discussion from her, or anybody really as to the support of brutal dictatorships in Egypt [and other countries] that have been going on for how many years?
Foofie

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:44 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

If anybody had asked me who my main television heroes were in 1955 I'd have told them Paladin and George Stevens.

Paladin was Richard Boone, but I don't remember George Stevens?

izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 10:45 am
@JTT,
You've not caught me out in the slightest, you've shown yourself for exactly what you are.
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 11:13 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
You've not caught me out in the slightest,

Now you resort to lying, Iz. Not good.

I have a number of times pointed out your glaring hypocrisy, the most recent was where you were accusing Advocate of things you often do yourself.

You've been caught out on the BS you advance on language, which shouldn't surprise you at all given that you no little about the subject.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 11:20 am
@Foofie,
George Stevens was the real name of the Kingfish character in Amos and Andy.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 11:24 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
you've shown yourself for exactly what you are.

These would be the fantasies/lies you've concocted and thrown up in a lame attempt to besmirch my character for having caught you out.
gungasnake

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 11:25 am
@Foofie,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amos_'n'_Andy

Quote:

....As the show came to television, black actors took over the overwhelming majority of the roles; white characters were infrequent. Although the television version in particular received some criticism even in its own time, it is notable that apart from a few of the regular characters, most of the characters portrayed are simply ordinary people, and not stereotypes. Even the Harlem neighborhood appears as any other normal American community: there are policemen, cab drivers, stores and shopkeepers, mothers with baby carriages, all going about their business in a perfectly unremarkable manner: they just happen to have black skin.....
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 12:01 pm
@Foofie,
Nice post with a lot of common sense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 12:30 pm
@JTT,
You're a domineering bully who hides behind the mask of anonymity because you're too cowardly to let others know your nationality.
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 12:41 pm
@izzythepush,
That's certainly one of your favorite lame responses, Izzy.
JTT

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2013 01:05 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
If they marry and move to a proverbial "Mayberry" (a la Andy Griffith) they might be most comfortable if they are affording the locals some expertise (doctor, dentist, etc.). The locals, in my opinion, would more likely welcome someone that affords them good utility (the "Jewish doctor from NYC"). However, a New York Jew knows he/she doesn't just move to a Mayberry and compete with locals for local jobs and will be welcomed. Unless of course one does what the Romans do in Rome, and the Jewish New Yorker has married some nice Baptist girl, and goes with her to Sunday services.

If that's still "Mayberry", that's pretty sad, Foofie.