The moral differences between the holocaust and bombing Japan

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:35 pm
@JTT,
My daughter posts on this forum. She can answer that for herself, unlike you I've got nothing to hide. I've just pmd her. She's in China right now and it's 2.30 am where she is, so it won't be right away.

JTT

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:46 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
My daughter posts on this forum. She can answer that for herself, unlike you I've got nothing to hide. I've just pmd her. She's in China right now and it's 2.30 am where she is, so it won't be right away.

Why are you going to these ridiculous lengths for absolutely nothing, Izzy? "I've got nothing to hide" - why not start with the lies you throw out as soon as your prevarications are exposed for what they are.

Let me explain what,

That, Izzy, was on the order of,

means, so you don't embarrass yourself with this latest and possibly your greatest stupidity of all.

I did not say that you have ever sodomized your daughter. That was a pointedly ludicrous question to illustrate for you how ludicrous your statements have been, at those times where you get caught out. I thought you would be intelligent enough to see the comparison. I must say that I'm disappointed that you are not.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:49 pm
@JTT,
What is it with you and thirteen year olds? Gracie was 13 when you started sniffing around her. The fact that the first thing that popped in your head was sodomising a 13 year old girl speaks volumes.

You can be very very specific when you want to.
JTT

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:54 pm
@izzythepush,
I take back what I said. This is the stupidest thing you've ever said, but I'm sure you can better yourself as you really seem to be on a roll.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 12:58 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
My daughter posts on this forum....

Lizzythepoop??
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 05:07 pm
@JTT,
Hi sure Smile here let me copy it. "( I want to make sure that I understood the question. Is the question " what is the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral differences between http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pictures+of+the+holocaust&qpvt=pictures+of+the+holocaust&FORM=IGRE and http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pictures+of+the+victims+of+the+atomic+bomb&qpvt=pictures+of+the+victims+of+the+atomic+bomb&FORM=IGRE ? )"
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 05:47 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
So you won't answer the question.

You're not serious, are you? You think that was a legitimate question?

That, Izzy, was on the order of,

Has your daughter decided to turn you in to authorities for sodomizing her since she was 13?

Who the **** even thinks of something like that?

You're a sick, disgusting man. I seriously hope you're getting psychiatric help if that's the first thing that comes into your head.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 06:51 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

I think Truman would have been less likely to okay the nuclear bombing of German cities (although some of the German cities were obliterated through conventional weapons) than Japanese cities...primarily because of the ethnic, cultural, and perceived physical differences.

Oh,c'mon, Frank, you know better than that. The fire-bombing of Dresden was in many ways a more horrendous event than either the Hiroshima or Nagasaki attacks. Harry "the buck stops here" Truman would, I'm quite sure, have had no qualms whatever about dropping a nuke on Frankfurt or Manheim or Bonn. But we didn't yet have the bomb when Hitler's little empire fell apart and we could celebrate V-E Day (that's 'Victory in Europe' for you youngsters) in April. The first successful test of an A-bomb wasn't conducted until July at the White Sands range in Almagordo, NM. So we then rushed into production of a couple more of the new 'devices' to insure that we could celebrate V-J ('Victory in Japan') Day in August instead of fighting on til maybe Christmas or January of 1946. As Set has already pointed out, the Japanese just fought on...and on...and on.
JTT

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 09:16 pm
@TheSubliminalKid,
Quote:
Who the **** even thinks of something like that?

Izzythepush does. You've got to follow the whole scenario, TSK. It was not a serious question. I pointedly stated that to your father.
0 Replies

miguelito21

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 09:23 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
than that. The fire-bombing of Dresden was in many ways a more horrendous event than either the Hiroshima or Nagasaki attacks.

In which ways do you think it was more horrendous?

Lustig Andrei wrote:
Harry "the buck stops here" Truman would, I'm quite sure, have had no qualms whatever about dropping a nuke on Frankfurt or Manheim or Bonn.

I don't know if specific cities had been selected but Germany was indeed the original target for the atomic bomb.

Had Germany not been defeated before the first bomb was ready, I also think they would've dropped it on them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 09:35 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Initially, the bomb was developed to hit Germany and there was reason to suspect that Germany's own nuke program was farther along than was Japans. Even as Overlord was being planned, it was feared that the Germans would release radioactive dust over Normandy. Processing sites for Uranium 235 were located just about 20 miles north pf Berlin, so these centrifuges were bombed in March of 1945.
It became obvious that Japan had very little access to fissionable material (U or Th) and they therefore wouldn't have the ability to produce Plutonium.. When Germany surrendered , the development of the bomb didn't slow down especially when it became obvious that a ground war and amphibious landings on the Japanese mainland could go on for several years. Japans number just rose to the top.
Never start a war that you doubt you can win and then whine about the overwhelming force that is used to defeat you... Seems axiomatic
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 09:42 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Initially, the bomb was developed to hit Germany and there was reason to suspect that Germany's own nuke program was farther along than was Japan's. Even as Overlord was being planned, it was feared that the Germans would release radioactive dust over Normandy. Processing sites for Uranium 235 were located just about 20 miles north pf Berlin, so these centrifuges were bombed in March of 1945.
It became obvious that Japan had very little access to fissionable material (U or Th) and they therefore wouldn't have the ability to produce Plutonium.. When Germany surrendered, the development of the bomb didn't slow down especially when it became obvious that a ground war and amphibious landings on the Japanese mainland could go on for several years. Japan's number just rose to the top.
Never start a war that you doubt you can win and then whine about the overwhelming force that is used to defeat you... Seems axiomatic
AGREED.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 09:55 pm
@oralloy,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
oralloy wrote:
JTT wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I have repeatedly pointed out that the United States used the atomic bomb because the Japanese would not surrender, and they needed to end that war, they wanted to end the madness.

That's not a lawful excuse to resort to war crimes. It is also a lie, but lies comes easy to a people who have lived horrible lies for their entire existence.

No, his statement is entirely factual.
As for legality, we did what needed to be done.

Was some LAW violated ??

Possibly.

OmSigDAVID wrote:
If so, then WHICH law??

The Laws of War require that collateral damage may not be excessive compared to the military gains of an attack.

It is possible that the number of civilians killed were excessive compared to the damage done by the A-bombs to the Japanese war machine.

OmSigDAVID wrote:
What is the authority for the alleged "law" ????
America is sovereign. It was sovereign then.

oralloy wrote:
I'm not sure that there is one.
I doubt that there is one.
I implied that the putative "law" had only the effect of IDLE RUMOR
and that post-war might makes right.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 10:01 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

I think Truman would have been less likely to okay the nuclear bombing of German cities (although some of the German cities were obliterated through conventional weapons) than Japanese cities...primarily because of the ethnic, cultural, and perceived physical differences.

Oh,c'mon, Frank, you know better than that. The fire-bombing of Dresden was in many ways a more horrendous event than either the Hiroshima or Nagasaki attacks. Harry "the buck stops here" Truman would, I'm quite sure, have had no qualms whatever about dropping a nuke on Frankfurt or Manheim or Bonn. But we didn't yet have the bomb when Hitler's little empire fell apart and we could celebrate V-E Day (that's 'Victory in Europe' for you youngsters) in April.
Hitler remained live until April 30th, 1945.
V-E Day was May 8.
I believe that the German Army surrendered the day b4.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
oralloy wrote:
But if Japan was ready to surrender, they should have surrendered instead of waiting until we had nuked them twice.

Oralloy summarizes the whole issue very succinctly and successfully.

I take it that you two did not read JTT's long winded reply that explains the setting and the mind set of our leaders in charge of this war?

Read it. Debunked it.

reasoning logic wrote:
I do not remember all of what he shared but what he shared exposed their way of thinking.

The articles that he cut and pasted are composed entirely of outright falsehoods.

reasoning logic wrote:
Here is my version of it.

Thanks, but I think I prefer the history professors.

reasoning logic wrote:
The best thing you could do is to read what JTT shared because I did not do it justice.

The best thing I could do is stick with what the evidence shows.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:33 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
The US forced the issue so that it could use atomic bombs for political purposes.

No, Japan forced the issue. We were just defending ourselves from their aggression.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:34 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:
oralloy wrote:
We should definitely have the military massacre any enemy who seeks to set off nukes in the US, before they are able to set them off.

The US military won't be able to stop them.

Sure they will.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 12 Aug, 2013 11:35 pm
@igm,
igm wrote:
My point was about what might happen in the future and what could the US military do about it. They can't do anything to stop the inevitable homeland terrorist nuclear attack on the US sponsored by an anonymous foreign government who could be motivated for a whole host of reasons. In the aftermath they won't be able to find an enemy to nuke.

You are wrong on two levels:

It is very likely that the US government/military would be able to stop it.

And if such a thing happened, we would retaliate against the country that was backing the terrorists.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 12:04 am
@reasoning logic,
DAVID wrote:
Oralloy summarizes the whole issue very succinctly and successfully.
reasoning logic wrote:
I take it that you two did not read JTT's long winded reply that explains
the setting and the mind set of our leaders in charge of this war?
He has repudiated logic; I put him on Ignore.
He is mentally disabled. It surprizes me that all of u have not done so.

reasoning logic wrote:
I do not remember all of what he shared but what he shared exposed their way of thinking.
Here is my version of it. Our society consisted of many racist white men
Yes.

reasoning logic wrote:
who did not enforce the 15th amendment for blacks until after 1960
No, thay did.

reasoning logic wrote:
These same old farts "that you old farts look up to, thought segregation was normal
It was; it is.

reasoning logic wrote:
and were still pissed about what took place a few years earlier "19th amendment"
many men thought woman should not be allowed to vote.
How far back ????

reasoning logic wrote:
Was there Free speech?
Of course

reasoning logic wrote:
What free speech?
About anything

reasoning logic wrote:
You better not speak out against the brain washing or you might have a price to pay?
NONsense; where do u get that??????
I take it that u r a child??

reasoning logic wrote:
Do you all really love them good old days so much
that you can not see what a bunch of immoral apes we were.
I loved them; nothing immoral about it.

reasoning logic wrote:
The best thing you could do is to read what JTT
shared because I did not do it justice.
He is mentally sick, disabled, and on my Ignore list for a long time,
but not long enuf.

David
oralloy

Reply Tue 13 Aug, 2013 12:12 am
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
Setanta wrote:
You're just as stuffed full of **** as RL.

You hate skepticism don't you?

I'd venture that it is the outright falsehoods that he is objecting to.

reasoning logic wrote:
It goes against what you think should be the formal education of history.

It seems pretty reasonable that people would think that formal education should not be based on the promulgation of outright falsehoods.

reasoning logic wrote:
I see much of what you share to be true but when people are ridiculed for questioning some of it, it makes me wonder how much of it is brain washing propaganda.

Nothing that Setanta is saying is brain washing propaganda.

100% of what you and JTT are saying is brain washing propaganda.

reasoning logic wrote:
Why don't you do yourself a favor and allow JTT to formally educate you about some of the lies that you have been taught as facts?

I would venture that the reasons are:

a) because he was not taught any lies as facts to begin with; and

b) because what JTT is saying is completely untrue.
0 Replies