I'm sure that this has been addressed any number of times in this Forum but bear in mind that I am new. As with anyone who cares about his/her language and hates seeing it trashed, I have created a short list of things that irk me concerning English usage.
1) Writing "it's" when it should be "its"
(You'd be amazed over how many times this happens!!)
2) Saying, "Sam gave the coin to Jeff and I."
3) When someone answers the phone and you ask for, say, Edward, and the persons responds, "This is him."
4) Not using the serial comma (Ex. "The red, white and blue")
5) Saying "Me and him"
6) Using foreign phrases and mispronouncing them. I heard on the radio the other day someone attempt "pince-nez." He pronounced it as spelled.
7) Excessive use of "awesome," "dude," and "cool." The Grand Canyon is awesome, only we can't use that word to describe it anymore.