Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 04:15 am
Quote:
Smileyrius said: @RF-1 What leads you to believe Genesis to be metaphorical?
2 Is the garden of eden a place that existed?
3 Did the creation account happen as in Genesis?
4 Was Adam a real character?
5 Did Adam ever have a chance of eating from the tree and thus living forever?
Spendius said: Why do you avoid explaining, Romeo, what "abides in Me" actually means. It's a glib phrase otherwise.
Neologist said: @Spendius- Well, your answers aren't nearly as circuitous as Romeo's

Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'm flattered that you should seek spiritual guidance from me, but please stop your pointless prancing around the maypole this instant! (remember, the naughty step.....)
As i've said before, I don't dance, so your mischievous attempts to draw me into meaningless abstract theological discussion falls flat..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/maypole_dance_zps54dad585.jpg~original

LEARN- "The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" (Ecc 6:11)
Jesus said:-"You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about me, yet you refuse to come to me to have life." (John 5:39/40)
Paul said - "I'm worried lest you be led astray from the simplicity of Christ" (2 Cor 11:3)
anonymously99

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 05:34 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini. I always felt I would never have enough time to study, to learn, to read the entire bible. Have not even accomplished half. Seems to me you have the bible down. As in you know it well. One day. Could you teach it, the bible to me my [god] how ever could I thank you, appreciate you for voluntarily being my teacher, my preacher,.. if you would that is.

anonymously99stwin

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 05:40 am
@anonymously99,
anonymously99 wrote:
Quote:
"Seems to me you have the bible down. As in you know it well. One day. Could you teach it, the bible to me my [god] how ever could I thank you, appreciate you for voluntarily being my teacher, my preacher,.. if you would that is."

anonymously99stwin wrote:
anonymously99 is being a smart ass.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 06:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I dont think he was seeking your explanation Mick, he was about to show you up.

Congratulations on your cop out mechanics. Subtle.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 07:10 am
Quote:
Calamity said: I dont think he was seeking your explanation Mick, he was about to show you up.

Let me correct you:- many have tried to show me up, but have only shown themselves up in the process..Smile
Like I said, i don't dance-
"Avoid foolish controversies because these are unprofitable and useless. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him." (Titus 3:9-11)
Okay I warned you all, now get on here this instant!-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/naughty-step_zpseb4d36c1.jpg~original

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 10:02 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
It seems Romeo you would have me a heretic. I assume this your withdrawal from the conversation, and I understand it makes you uncomfortable to consider anything beyond what you have been taught. It is a shame, for when you first turned up, I thought more of you than those of christianity who merely like to have their ears tickled.

I have no animosity toward you my friend, rather, I seek to reason on the bible, just as you do. to sharpen ones knowledge is to put it to the test, and if you holding knowledge that proves me wrong withhold that knowledge, and then I am sent to hell, are you not bloodguilty?
You yourself declared that you are never wrong, that the holy spirit has endowed you with boldness to declare the word of God with 100% accuracy

Don't back down now. I will open up a new thread on the theme I was developing, if you don't want to hear more, you should probably avoid it. Just do me a favour and pray hard and long that God give you the direction you seek. I do not think you an idiot, but I do think you misguided.

0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 10:10 am
Quote:
Smileyrius said: @RF- I understand it makes you uncomfortable to consider anything beyond what you have been taught

Jesus is my teacher- "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)..Smile
Are you saying he's not good enough?
Careful, the naughty stool again....
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 10:43 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Are you beyond being misled? Jesus said that many would rise up in his name and lead the majority astray. There are COUNTLESS false teachings out there and the ONLY defence you have against them, the ONLY way you can make sure you are right is to test EVERY inspired expression to see if it originates with God. (1John 4 : 1)

I dont know where you get your "inspired expressions" Romeo, but I have tested your words and so far they do not match up to scripture, yet you show no care to use your self proclaimed god given knowledge to put me right. It is a shame my friend, but I'll leave you be for now

If you want to continue, you know where I am.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 11:16 am
Quote:
Smileyrius said: @RF- Are you beyond being misled? Jesus said that many would rise up in his name and lead the majority astray

But mate I regularly quote Jesus!
I know you're not saying his words lead people astray, so what exactly are you saying?
Careful...the naughty stool....Wink
Jesus said:-"Whoever's ashamed of me and my words, I'll be ashamed of him" (Mark 8:38 )
Smileyrius

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 11:38 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo, lets not be trite here, I love that you use scripture, and that you love Jesus teachings. But not everything you say is based on the teachings of Jesus, so when I check something you say against scripture and it doesn't add up, I ask you questions to understand how you came to your conclusion, and you get to the point where you either don't respond or you stonewall me. Faith is not ignorance my friend, faith is built on knowledge. John 17: 3

anonymously99

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 12:34 pm
@Smileyrius,
Smileyrius. When are you starting this thread of yours?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 12:49 pm
Quote:
Smiley said: @RF- you get to the point where you either don't respond or you stonewall me

As a "combat veteran" of the discussion boards for the last 12 years, I've become familiar with all the little tricks that my debating opponents will try to pull on me, and one of them is to say "You never answered my question" like you've just claimed!
What you perhaps meant to say was "I didn't understand your answer", so if you care to ask whatever question it was again, i'll be delighted to try to answer it in a way that'll put a smile on your face bigger than a wave on a slop bucket..Smile.
PS- I don't know if you've seen my fan mail which i posted somewhere, but if you were unlucky enough to miss it, here it is again, regard it as my "credentials"-

Spannerose - "Mick, I would like you to know that the result of reading your posts I am left with the desire to pick up my bible for the first time in years"
ChildofLight - "So good to read your responses Mick, some are quite witty and made LOL"
Happysandyh - "welcome Mick, welcome welcome!"
HenryS - "You are brilliant Mick in finding appropriate phrases. Another one of your superb emails to store"
Firebrand - "Amen and welcome Mick"
Coconut - "Whew! Thanks for sharing Mick"
Sarah4Jesus - "Listen to Mick in Plymouth, he is a great teacher"
Cathie - "Very wise advice Mick, thanks"
Kierri - "That was one of the best explanations I've ever heard! Yay for Mick in Plymouth"
Haimehenmmli - "I LOVE IT MATE!!! I'm going to put it into my files, with some of my other favorites, from you"
Evachrst3 - "Right on, Mick, I couldn't agree more.Thank you for defending the faith so eloquently".
Devilmademedoit2 - "I love this! Thanks, Mick!"
SweetSummer96 - "Wow. That's a cool story Mick."
Vespasian052 - "Wow! Mick,what an awesome tale.."
Beekpr9 - "Amen to all you have said, Mick!"
Saipan1777 - "Spot on Mick bravo"
Duke Tinn - "Thanks again Mick. Great Stuff"
Tahella - "Welcome Mick!"
Ainglkiss - "Mick what a wonderful story. You write so well. Keep up the great work"
BlessedOne - "Glad to have you here Mick! Jesus is the way!"
MonkGirl - "Wow, thank you Mick! That is really comforting...and all I really needed to hear!"
WOFman - "Welcome Mick!"
JeffC - "HELL YEAH! PREACH IT BROTHER, THE REALITY WAY! (LUV YUR STYLE....)
Nottonguetied - "I loved those stories from Mick"
Honeybearx - "This was very good reading thank you Mick"
Megan - "Mick, I just wanted to tell you that I loved this story, it was very touching"
Benjoman - "Your one of the only ones from the singles board that I still love Mick"
Allisoneness -"You are the one true Christian on here, keep up the good work and praise the Lord"
Sherry Anne - "Mick i love your posts"
Antipas - "Brilliant yet again Mick"
Easynote - "ROFL Mick you are pure class, another of your timeless classics!"
Kermit - "I love Mick. He is so, how shall I say it, RIGHT ON THE MONEY AND FUNNY, TOO"
Kermmiekr - "How uplifting Mick, and so very true"
Chrysalis55- "Just want to say, I love your posts and your messages not only insprire me, sometimes they make me laugh
because you are able to get your point across in such a great way. WAY TO GO waymarker!!!"
Evenflow- I just LOVE this post You have made me smile BIG TIME this morning. Good for you and what a great attitude you have to life xx
Apple Pie - "Really good to see you, Mick. Come on over to 4church, we could do with your input and your humour"
Lillian - "Mick please come back..it's nice having you on the board"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Romeo on "heathen patrol", Plymouth UK
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/POS-swagger2_zps8e311a2c.jpg~original

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:03 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Sorry Romeo, I didnt understand your answer

Quote:
1 What leads you to believe Genesis to be metaphorical?
2 Is the garden of eden a place that existed?
3 Did the creation account happen as in Genesis?
4 Was Adam a real character?
5 Did Adam ever have a chance of eating from the tree and thus living forever?
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:04 pm
@anonymously99,
Will get it out tonight chap, I have a busy day Smile
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:34 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
If you carefully examine the scriptures, searching as if for treasure, you will find it.
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 01:59 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

If you carefully examine the scriptures, searching as if for treasure, you will find it.

Actually, if you search almost any book for treasures...you will find them.
neologist

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 02:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Smileyrius wrote:
I understand it makes you uncomfortable to consider anything beyond what you have been taught
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Jesus is my teacher- "You have one teacher, me" (Matt 23:10)..Smile
Are you saying he's not good enough?
Careful, the naughty stool again....
Let me amend Smiley's words to say you are uncomfortable to consider anything beyond what you wish to spout. You realize, of course, that The NT writers referred liberally to the Book of Genesis as fact. Jesus also made reference to several events including the rebellion of Chapter 3, resulting in the expulsion of Adam and Eve from the "Paradise of Pleasure". Oh, BTW, you do realize the transliteration of "Garden of Eden" means just that, don't you? So, if there remains in you any question as to the location of paradise, go take a look at the royal gardens for a facsimile.
Quote:
(Psalm 115:16) As regards the heavens, to Jehovah the heavens belong, But the earth he has given to the sons of men. . .

0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 02:06 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . . PS- I don't know if you've seen my fan mail which i posted somewhere, but if you were unlucky enough to miss it, here it is again, regard it as my "credentials" . .
Do you also add to your "credentials" as a "holy man" the suggestive comments you make in such threads as these? http://able2know.org/topic/231360-1#post-5552852

0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 02:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Oh, by the way...if you carefully examine any book (especially the Bible) looking for absolute blather and inconsistencies...

...you will find them!
neologist

Reply Thu 16 Jan, 2014 02:09 pm
@Frank Apisa,
That's what they said about Catechism, but all I found was mumbledy dumbledy.
0 Replies