Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 11:52 am
Quote:
Smileyrius said: @RF- See now you have me intrigued, I have not considered that before. Is that your assertion or is it doctrinal to your belief? Can you back it with scripture?

What, the Twilight Zone episode? I never "asserted" it as my belief, that's why I only said "maybe"..Smile
anonymously99

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 12:16 pm
@RexRed,
Alright RexRed. Then tell me. How the hell can I turn "I'm fucked", into a positive?

(("I'm fucked")).. that feeling of finally realizing it's [been] too late. Let's spice it up with more **** I do by not realizing.

Come on doctor. I'm waiting. Teach me, preach me, else similar that you think might make me fu**ing 'happy".

I honestly did want to go to school to be a doctor if I gave up on the first goal I had set. I don't I really don't see me becoming successful in life for the simple fact I unwantingly discovered ((here recently)) the fact one will seek me out to murder.
anonymously99

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 12:44 pm
@anonymously99,
This drawn out feeling of not really caring. about anything.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 01:07 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
My friend, lets go back a step, because I do not wish to misrepresent you. I want to understand why you have settled on your belief.

We began by asking why you believed that heaven and paradise were one and the same, you responded with
Quote:
"Our Father which art in heaven" places God in heaven, and this verse places him in paradise which seems to be the same place-
"The tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God" (Revelation 2:7)

I questioned the latter scripture because the tree of life according to Genesis was not in heaven but on earth, in the garden of eden. So it didn't place God there, rather it placed the paradise of God on earth.
We are exploring understanding, there is no foul in going back to the books to do some study, I have been wrong before, but in every mistake I study, I learn, and I move forward in my understanding.
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 01:09 pm
@Smileyrius,
It is a case of do you believe what you find in scripture, or do you find in scripture what you believe?
Calamity Dal

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 03:47 pm
@Smileyrius,
The problem here Smiley is you want a bible based conversation, Romeo doesn't get on with people who know the bible.
Especially after you just showed him up
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 04:21 pm
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
I questioned the latter scripture because the tree of life according to Genesis was not in heaven but on earth, in the garden of eden. So it didn't place God there, rather it placed the paradise of God on earth.

It means to me the simple life and if we lived the simple life the paradise would be re-gained and the simple life can only come from a unified and accepted world-wide creed which only the Catholic Church has any hope of fashioning out of the most recalcitrant material in existence.

Thus every heresy conspires in the Fall being permanent.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 04:33 pm
Quote:
Romeo said: "Our Father which art in heaven" places God in heaven, and this verse places him in paradise which seems to be the same place-
"The tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God" (Revelation 2:7)
Smileyrius said: I questioned the latter scripture because the tree of life according to Genesis was not in heaven but on earth, in the garden of eden. So it didn't place God there, rather it placed the paradise of God on earth

Much of Genesis and Revelation are symbology, metaphor and analogy and shouldn't be taken literally, so its impossible to pin down the location or the nature of the Tree of Life, that's why I only said "seems to be".
For example John wrote-
“To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God" (Rev 2:7)

yet we know that can't be taken literally to mean somebody's going to travel to Eden to pick fruit from a single tree and hand it out to all christians, as there wouldn't be enough to go round!
Rather, the Tree of Life is a spiritual tree , and might even be a symbol for Jesus himself-
“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit" (John 15:5)
Smileyrius

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 05:05 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Real or symbolic we DO know where the tree of life is. look back at the scripture, it is in the paradise of God.
We know it had a fixed location because God removed Adam from Eden and stationed angels to make sure he didn't get back in.
Quote:
He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” 23 So the Lord God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side[e] of the Garden of Eden cherubim and a flaming sword flashing back and forth to guard the way to the tree of life.

The tree real or symbolic apparently had the power to grant everlasting life, something that Adam lost, but in Revelation, which we know is a vision of John, He is told to write to the early congregations promising the same reward adam lost.

I have a few more questions my friend.

1 What leads you to believe Genesis to be metaphorical?
2 Is the garden of eden a place that existed?
3 Did the creation account happen as in Genesis?
4 Was Adam a real character?
5 Did Adam ever have a chance of eating from the tree and thus living forever?
Calamity Dal

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 05:39 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Like I said
Quote:
Any scripture that dispel his proclamations found outside the gospels are allegory, and probably made up by the devil
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 05:55 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Why do you avoid explaining, Romeo, what "abides in Me" actually means. It's a glib phrase otherwise.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 06:01 pm
@Smileyrius,
Quote:
1 What leads you to believe Genesis to be metaphorical?
2 Is the garden of eden a place that existed?
3 Did the creation account happen as in Genesis?
4 Was Adam a real character?
5 Did Adam ever have a chance of eating from the tree and thus living forever?

1 It could not possibly be anything else.
2 No. It's an idea.
3 No.
4 No
5 Homer dealt with that when he had Ulysses refuse Calypso's offer.

I think I might have been tempted.
neologist

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 06:17 pm
@spendius,
Silly. He was asking Romeo
spendius

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 06:20 pm
@neologist,
So?
anonymously99

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 06:32 pm
@spendius,
You women are beautiful.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 07:00 pm
@spendius,
Well, your answers aren't nearly as circuitous as Romeo's
anonymously99

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 07:03 pm
@neologist,
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 08:20 pm
@RexRed,
The question is:
Quote:
"Does God Exist?"

How [Some] Feel:
neologist

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 08:30 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
. . . The proper view is that sectional cults breaking away from the Church dilute the Christian power base and confuse the population . . . .
Are you mounting an apology for the Catholic Church?
Go ahead. That should be fun.
0 Replies

anonymously99stwin

Reply Wed 15 Jan, 2014 08:32 pm
@anonymously99,
Twelve years of age I was extremely fucked up in the head due to the abuse I was suffering throughout my childhood, fucked up in the head in the years prior to twelve and the years following. Immature in so many ways. An extremely shitty person because of I being fucked up in the head. Fucked up due to the abuse.
Becoming a young adult still fucked up in the head but not as bad as when young in age. Still an immature shitty person. Suffered with depression my entire life. Twenty three and I'm making sense of it all. The want for knowledge and obtaining it along with goes a long way. If I weren't one who had/has the want for knowledge along with having the ability to obtain, I wouldn't be where I am today. As in I'm sure I would be else where.
I'm still trying to discover myself. Never in my life, honest, never in my life did I want to accept the fact that I could be crazy. Psychotic. I believe I am. Because of the fact I was unable to understand much of anything along with me being a shitty immature individual, I being fucked up in the head in other words I had been a slut in my past. Looking for love. But in the wrong places going about it the wrong way. I was so messed up in the head. Could never get my priorities straight. Loved yet hated school. Cared but didn't. Why care when I could never focus. Why care when no one else cared. Why go to school. Did want to drop out for the simple fact what was the point. Suppose my motivation was being told I would end up dropping out of school, end up getting pregnant, end up abusing drugs, end up going to jail, else more. Oh. So all that **** was told to me repeatedly in hopes I would actually do that ****, any as mentioned? I'm thinking right now yeah that makes sense. They trying to take advantage of the depression state of mind I was in. Honestly makes sense to me now. Because here I am now no one to say hey I'm here for you.