11
   

Tragic Terrorist Attack in Boston

 
 
izzythepush
 
  0  
Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:20 pm
@H2O MAN,
You spoke of them both in the same breath, you implied as such.
RABEL222
 
  2  
Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:26 pm
@JTT,
I am surprised to hear from you. I thought you got shot in Boston.
H2O MAN
 
  1  
Sat 20 Apr, 2013 07:14 pm
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

I am surprised to hear from you. I thought you got shot in Boston.


Laughing
0 Replies
 
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Sat 20 Apr, 2013 07:16 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You spoke of them both in the same breath, you implied as such.


What if Santa Claus dressed up as Barack Obama this Christmas?
An armored up Cadillac sleigh pulled by eight heavily armed drones.




Same breath
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  1  
Sat 20 Apr, 2013 07:24 pm
@RABEL222,
That's pretty funny, Rabel. It got a laugh from H20man.

Tell me, why do you hate someone who tells you the truth?
H2O MAN
 
  0  
Sat 20 Apr, 2013 09:11 pm


Doku Umarov
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  2  
Sat 20 Apr, 2013 11:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Do you think there is a significant difference (with distinction) between someone who murders one person and someone who murders many?

Why is McVeigh worse that any other terrorist? Because of body count, because children were killed?

For all you or I know, McVeigh never imagined his bomb would be so "successful" and that the children in the daycare center would have been killed. Of course it doesn't matter in the least whether or not he did unless you are trying to rank terrorists on some scale of evil.

How about the unsuccessful "Underwear" and "Times Square" bombers? Do they fall lower on the list because of their incompetence? Obviously both were trying to kill or maim a lot of people, and children could easily have been among their victims.

If there is any difference between McVeigh and Ayers beyond bodycount, it is politics and that seems to be an obviously flawed measure for measuring evil.

Setanta
 
  1  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 03:56 am
This is not a literary contest, and i am not only not claiming great literary skills, i see no evidence that you possess great literary skills, Izzy the Putz. This is in the nature of a debate (for as much as anyone can ever be said to debate someone as rhetorically inept as you are), wherein someone criticizes your position, states their reasons, and awaits your reply. Your reply was feeble, and partook of your standard method of employing straw men fallacies and attempting the shotgun method of throwing out a handful of accusations while hoping something would stick. You have failed utterly to defend your praise of the Weather Underground which is why you're now attempting to make this about literary sills rather than the culpability of the Weather Underground.

I see no literary merit in what you post. You repeat the same silly insults again and again because you lack imagination. Someone suggested to me that you are a published author (something which no one here knows to be true) and that i therefore should take heed of what you say. That would be no good reason to take heed of your nonsense ever were you a best selling author--being popular is not the equivalent of being right.

However, i will only observe that the standards of the publishing industry must have sunken very, very much.
izzythepush
 
  -1  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:09 am
@Setanta,
I see no evidence that you possess anything other than an inflated sense of self importance.

I never praised the Weather Underground, that's the senility in you coming through.

Your anglophobia is extreme, and obvious, as is your ersatz Hibernian status. You're just the sort that would stick a few dollars in the tin when Noraid pass it about. From your reaction, it's fairly obvious that's what you have done at the very least. I may have thrown a bit of mud, but you're the one who rubbed it in.
izzythepush
 
  0  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:13 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think there is a difference of degrees between offences. I don't think people should be let off because they're incompetent.

At the end of the day setting off bombs in a public place, like arson, is very dangerous and should get a substantial sentence in it's own right. Any intention to kill should be factored on top of that.

Are you saying that the Weather Underground were as bad as Timothy McVeigh or Al Qaida?
Setanta
 
  3  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:26 am
@izzythepush,
Once again, failing to support your position, you resort to wild accusations, which as always are unsubstantiated. I don't indulge in "anglophobia," i neither fear nor hate the English--this is just another of your wild accusations, that which you resort to when all else fails, which happens immediately whenever anyone attempts to engage you in debate. I have never claimed to be Irish, so that's another of your phony accusations. I did not at any time saying anything which remotely suggests that the IRA were my buddies, that's another phony accusation. I did not at any time say that "Those Were the Days" was the greatest song ever written, another phony accusation. I didn't respond to what Waterboy wrote, i responded to what you wrote--another phony accusation.

You've got nothing and you've failed to sustain your position. So i'm sure we can expect more wild accusations and disobliging personal characterization, couched in your typical lackluster prose.
izzythepush
 
  1  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 06:45 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
I have never claimed to be Irish, so that's another of your phony accusations.


Quote:
Kiss my red Irish ass, you snotty little creep.


http://able2know.org/topic/128386-2#post-3547207
Setanta
 
  1  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 06:49 am
@izzythepush,
Oh yeah, my ass is red and Irish, but i've never claimed to be anything but an American, native born. You really are pathetic. You post bullshit, you can't defend it, so you attempt character assassination with phony accusations. You're not worth my time, dickhead.
izzythepush
 
  0  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 07:01 am
@Setanta,
I've not made any wild accusations. Contrex, Spendius and myself have all experienced your rampant anglophobia. Your constant use of 'Saxon' in a derogatory manner is evidence enough.

My last post nails the lie that you've never claimed to be Irish. As for Mary Hopkins, this is what you wrote, straight after referencing her.

Quote:
It reminded me of when i was about 16 years old and listening to a song on the radio, and i thought to myself that this was the greatest music anyone had ever come up with, and i would never forget.


http://able2know.org/topic/212866-1

Sure you weren't talking about Hopkins. You might have been talking about Peter Paul and Mary.

You're the one using, as you would say, a 'straw man.' I've never praised, or apologised for, the Weather Underground, just pointed out the difference between them and McVeigh. Most of what I posted was cut and pasted from Wikipedia.

When I referred to your buddies in the IRA, I was interested in your reaction, and you didn't disappoint. You immediately frothed at the mouth, and started banging on about them not being your buddies. It really looked like you were trying to convince yourself. Anyone with nothing to hide would have merely shrugged it off. What's also telling is that you labelled the Weather Underground scum, but have did not say anything remotely disparaging about the IRA.

You really have no sense of the absurd, otherwise you would have shut up a long time ago and signed off with "Sure, Bubba, whatever you say."
0 Replies
 
izzythepush
 
  0  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 07:02 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Oh yeah, my ass is red and Irish, but i've never claimed to be anything but an American, native born.


Again, no sense of the absurd.
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  1  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 09:08 am
@JTT,
I dont hate you. You dont always tell the truth. There are people who are not rational about certain subjects. Yours is the US. You claim its war but a reading of your posts translate to the US is the great satan.
0 Replies
 
RABEL222
 
  1  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 09:13 am
@izzythepush,
Forgive me for interupting your squabble but bad is bad. Degree of bad is up to the law.
Ticomaya
 
  1  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 10:01 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
... a 7-11 (that's what you call shops in America isn't it?) ...

That's what we call "7-11" stores (convenience stores owned or franchised by 7-11, are called "7-11"). I'm not aware of all convenience stores being known by the catch-all "7-11," but maybe that's regional.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 10:35 am
@izzythepush,
I didn't suggest that you thought people should not be punished for failed attempts at mass murder, just that you seem to rank them lower on your list than the ones who succeed.

The law infers intent when an act is sufficiently wanton and malicious. I would say setting off a bomb in a public place constitutes a sufficiently wanton and malicious act.

I'm not persuaded of their good graces by the fact that they provided advanced warnings of their bombing. If you set off a bomb in a public place, you don't get to say "Geez, I didn't mean to kill anyone," or "Hey, we warned everyone" if someone dies.

Setanta is correct in pointing out that the Greenwich Village explosion (that thankfully killed Weathermen and not innocents) involved a mishap with a nail bomb they were constructing. Nail bombs are intended to kill and maim, not to simply destroy property.

That the Weatherman have said they never intended to hurt anyone doesn't hold much water with me. As the Greenwich Village incident indicates their strategy was apparently changing, and even if it had not, repeated bombings of public places was eventually going to result in casualties.

There is a point beyond which there doesn't seem to be any rational reason to assign relative "badness," unless it attempting to somehow excuse or rationalize the evil someone or some group has perpetrated.

izzythepush
 
  0  
Sun 21 Apr, 2013 12:21 pm
@RABEL222,
Which is why McVeigh was sentenced to death. It's a shame Ayers didn't face charges. Let's hope the current bomber doesn't evade justice in the same way.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/21/2022 at 01:06:33