Tragic Terrorist Attack in Boston

izzythepush

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:38 am
@Setanta,
On another thread you pointed out your disgust that the Boston bombers had crammed their bombs with nails and ball bearings to cause the maximum cost to human life. So you seem to understand the difference between primarily targetting people or property, or you would if an American had made that point.

So the Weather Underground were not clean by any means, but they are definitely not in the same league as McVeigh, Al Qaida or your buddies in the IRA.
Setanta

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:49 am
@izzythepush,
My buddies in the IRA? This is exactly the kind of completely unsubstantiated slander upon which you rely because your rhetorical skills are so paltry.

The Weather Underground were scum who only came to the realization that deaths and injuries were hurting their cause rather late. When three of their members will killed by the premature explosion of a nail bomb, it ought to be obvious to even someone so dense as you that the target of such a bomb would be people and not property. They were completely ineffective in forwarding their rather loony agenda. That they were inept does not excuse their intent. I deplore these two vicious types in Boston, and i deplore the Weather Underground. Snotty, unfounded accusations about the IRA just show what a hateful little **** you are, they certainly have nothing to do with me.
H2O MAN

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 06:22 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The Weather Underground were scum who only came to the realization that deaths and injuries were hurting their cause rather late. When three of their members will killed by the premature explosion of a nail bomb, it ought to be obvious to even someone so dense as you that the target of such a bomb would be people and not property. They were completely ineffective in forwarding their rather loony agenda. That they were inept does not excuse their intent. I deplore these two vicious types in Boston, and i deplore the Weather Underground.

The surviving scum bags went on to be educators and friends of the man-child that is our current ruler.
Maybe the surviving Boston bomber will also become a university professor...
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 11:29 am
@Setanta,
What do you know about rhetoric?

Your responses are predicable, your posts repetitive, and you have little in the way of an imagination.

I suppose that's to be expected from someone who remembers listening to Mary Hopkins' Those Were The Days, and declaring it the greatest song ever. What a moment of teenage rebellion that must have been. Did you also discover the taste sensation that is semolina?

I'm not surprised a wild child like you can't appreciate degrees, seeing things in terms of black and white really socks it to the man. It's typical of a hipster like you who shocks bourgeoise sensibilities by refusing to kiss the bishops ring, although you've made a decent fist of kissing Mr. Soggy's

I hope Soggy appreciates it, there he was floundering, clutching at straws, about to go under, until your massive arse went racing to his rescue, catapulting him on to dry land.

Who are you going to give succour to next, Oralboy, Gunga or another good ole boy in danger of looking ridiculous?
Setanta

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 11:35 am
@izzythepush,
Oh yeah, you're a master of rhetoric. If it weren't for straw man fallacies and the shot gun method, you'd have nothing to say. At no time have i ever said that "Those were the days" is the greatest song ever.

In the end, as always, all you've got to offer is nasty, vicious personal remarks. You don't have a single decent rhetorical device to promote your point of view. You forgot to renew you waspish remarks about the IRA, Izzy the Putz.

Essentially, you are just a foul-mouthed little boy who makes wild accusations you can't substantiate.

You are a LIAR.
JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 12:03 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
The hands of the Weather Underground Organization can hardly be said to have been clean.

Were they perhaps making their point regarding the US's involvement in Vietnam, Set? Could that whole illegal mess be said to have been clean?

Quote:
For the January 29, 1975 bombing of the United States Department of State building, they stated it was "in response to escalation in Vietnam".[4]

The Weathermen disintegrated after the United States reached a peace accord in Vietnam in 1973, after which the New Left declined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground

Did you volunteer to go to Vietnam or were you drafted. You do know of course that a lot of American kids were brave enough to refuse to take part in that monstrous and massive war crime.

Quote:
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say!—One; two: why, then
'tis time to do't.—Hell is murky.—Fie, my lord, fie, a soldier, and
afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our
pow'r to accompt?—Yet who would have thought the old man to
have had so much blood in him?

How are your hands?

Once again, stunning hypocrisy rears its ugly head.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 12:16 pm
I didn't realize there was some sort of Scoville scale for terrorists.
JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 12:17 pm
@Setanta,
Izzy:
Quote:
I never claimed they were clean, I said they were hardly the same league. It has still not been proven that the Weather Underground was responsible for the Park Precinct bombing, and the Brinks robbery was carried out by former members.

Setanta:
Quote:
Ah yes, the shotgun approach. Deny your thesis, and then try to cast doubt on anything which contradicts you. "Former members" is a pretty pathetic dodge--they certainly didn't think of themselves as "former" anything.

Really, Set, which one of you employed "the shotgun approach"?
0 Replies

JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 12:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I didn't realize there was some sort of Scoville scale for terrorists.

Another of your bald faced lies, Finn. You do know, though you make a poor pretense of not knowing, that the terrorist activities of the US [and to some extent, the UK] vastly vastly outweighs the totality of other terrorist actions around the world in terms of deaths caused, people tortured, lives ruined, children murdered, children affected by chemical/nuclear weapons, ... .

I'd really really like someone to point out one area where the US is not in the lead when it comes to terrorism and its ugly results.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 12:54 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
. You forgot to renew you waspish remarks about the IRA,

Methinks Malvolio doth protest too much.

See what I mean about your lack of imagination? I called you waspish yonks ago.

And before you trot out some bullshit about paying one back in one's own coin, think about why you're not minting any of your own.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 01:00 pm
@Setanta,
Joking aside old chum, H20 Man claimed there was no difference between Timithy McVeigh and Bill Ayers. I think that's ridiculous, but you clearly don't.

It's the difference between robbing a 7-11 (that's what you call shops in America isn't it?) with a toy pistol and shooting everyone inside.
Setanta

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 01:09 pm
@izzythepush,
You call your vicious remarks joking? That's pathetic. I don't read Waterboy's posts because he's a f*cking idiot. I should probably stop reading your posts on the same basis.

What i saw was you at the least apologizing for the Weather Underground and at the most, praising them. They were scum. More than that, they were murderous scum. Worse still, they were inept murderous scum. Worst of all, they were ineffective, inept, murderous scum. Whatever they may have claimed their agenda was, they only accomplished two things: they destroyed the SDS and they completely discredited the student anti-war movement.

If you post bullsh*t, i'm going to call bullsh*t. Learn to live with it.
JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 01:22 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
If you post bullsh*t, i'm going to call bullsh*t. Learn to live with it.

That's rich, Setanta. Laughably rich.

Quote:
What i saw was you at the least apologizing for the Weather Underground and at the most, praising them. They were scum. More than that, they were murderous scum. Worse still, they were inept murderous scum. Worst of all, they were ineffective, inept, murderous scum. Whatever they may have claimed their agenda was, they only accomplished two things: they destroyed the SDS and they completely discredited the student anti-war movement.

Were you the student anti-war movement's representative in Vietnam?

The US plan under Eisenhower, from the get go, was to deny the Vietnamese people the opportunity to choose their own destiny. The US wanted only to replace France as the raper of Vietnam. The result, well, you pretty much know the result and still you have the gall to suggest others ineffective, inept, murderous scum.

Are you now receiving a pension from the US for having been one of that group of ineffective, inept, murderous scum?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 02:56 pm
@Setanta,
Absolute bollocks, you knew exactly what was going on. I was not 'apologising for or praising the Weather Underground,' just putting what they did into context compared to McVeigh.

You were just looking for an argument so you can pontificate and feel important. As for claiming you've got Soggy on ignore and didn't understand what was going on, that's just really really sad.

To hear you bang on, one would think you thought that the Weather Underground were worse than McVeigh.

You really have got an overinflated opinion of your importance if you think I give a monkey's what you think.

Learn to live with it, honestly what are you ******* thinking? You get more two dimensional every day.
Setanta

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:10 pm
@izzythepush,
No, i didn't read Waterboy's post, and you're just as full of **** as you always are. You're the one who looks for aguments. You're pathetic, which i already knew. If i see you posting bullsh*t, i'm going to call bullsh*t. Learn to live with it.
JTT

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:20 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
If i see you posting bullsh*t, i'm going to call bullsh*t. Learn to live with it.

Look at how nice Izzy treats you, Set. He doesn't quote my posts correcting you on your numerous, shall we say, lies?

And then you treat him like this. Scandalous!
izzythepush

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:01 pm
@Setanta,
You didn't need to read Soggy's post, because I referred to him when I compared McVeigh and The Weather Underground.

When you talk bollocks I'll point it out.

Can you learn to live with that, or are you going to start frothing again?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:03 pm
@Setanta,
There is no darkness
but ignorance; in which thou art more puzzled than
the Egyptians in their fog.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:15 pm
http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/thermalimagemarathon_20130420_182900.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:17 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Joking aside old chum, H20 Man claimed there was no difference between Timithy McVeigh and Bill Ayers.

I made no such claim.