A2K Fantasy Baseball Is Back! 2013 Version

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 07:34 am
@Ticomaya,
The name Putz makes me giggle. Carry on.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 08:33 am
@jespah,
Me too.
I figure he is tired of hearing about it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 08:37 am
@jespah,
Well, if you believe local AZ media, it's "puts" as in "put up or shut up."
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:27 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Joey Bats?

Done mate...that is fair enough in my book...and it is all for fun anyways...and we do not have to get 2 guys involved for closers or anything...

Cole Hamels for Jose Bautista...trade proposed if you want it Tico...

Wink Very Happy
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:34 pm
@Ticomaya,
I agree with you guys and girls also...Putz is a funny name...I agree with you Tico, Putz is not losing his closing job....
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:35 pm
@Gargamel,
What OF bat do you think is fair for Romo? If you are willing to deal...
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:35 pm
@Ticomaya,
Actually, I think pitching is overvalued st drafts, specially closers. i got great SP because i showed un late at the draft.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:39 pm
@fbaezer,
I think you are correct FB...It all depends on the format...but you usually always do better with bats than arms...

I see you have a lot of arms...and I have a lot of bats...

I sent out 5 trade offers if you are interested in any of them...
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:03 pm
I'm the obsessive retired type who studies at least 500 names somewhat, aceing out all sorts of people for my own odd reasons re their stats, their health, or my irritation for them (not as people but re the game) in the past.

Someone odd like me could wrench the neck of whoever organized the yahoo system, as in once I start to line up my possibles and probables, the going gets tricky re moving someone from, say, yahoo number 246 to my 75 0r 102 - bunch of index finger clicking. So my way of doing this is all problematic as any kind of useful hobby.

In the process though, I do get to recognize a lot of names and form shallow opinions based on various sources, which I may or may not remember right off the bat.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:10 pm
@ossobuco,
Agreed, osso. There has to be a better way to maneuver the players in the customized draft order.
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Accepted!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:12 pm
@Ticomaya,
Thanks Tico...Wink...If you are interested in moving Brandon League...I will be a buyer also...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:22 pm
Looking for one more top level SP...and a good closer or set up guy...If anyone wants a good bat...

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:23 pm
@Ticomaya,
I'll add that I'd like the rejects-list to be accessible alphabetically. Since I reject a lot, it's annoying-plus to have to skim the whole list to find if that's where I put Whatshisname or the batter WhatWasSoBadAboutHim.
Ragman

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Seeing it's my first time at Fantasy, I didn't know what to expect. Regardless, it seemed unbelievably annoying.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:33 pm
@Ragman,
Yeah - if I were smarter tech wise I'd try to figure out some other way of ordering them on my own, outside of yahoo, being able to move up and down more that from, say, # 183 to the top #1 or the bottom #463... perhaps by ten or 20 at a time, then going to the individual clicks.

Ragman

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:37 pm
@ossobuco,
I have a pc, but I thought hitting Page Down worked but I could be wrong. I know you use a Mac, so I'm no help there.

Incidentally, I noticed a nice new avatar there!
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:39 pm
@Ragman,
Scrolling did no good and my down arrow is just like a click on one name at a time.

Hmmm.
Ragman

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:48 pm
@ossobuco,
It'd seem to me that something must act like a Form Feed, you know? Like skipping down a whole screen's worth.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 01:49 pm
There is one tip Ragman and Osso that I can think of...If you go into the draft...(I am not sure if this works during a pre-ranking)...but once you are in the draft...If you click where it says "all players"...and change it to SP, or 1B, SS, RP or whatever specific position you are looking for, So now it shows players ranks, and stats from that position...and not all players in baseball...it will show you where it ranks them and who is left....So you can kinda see the top 10, or 20 left at that position, and where they are ranked overall...

But I agree there could be easier ways...