Gargamel wrote:
I've got four baddass closers.

Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 05:00 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm a waiver wire person.

Ragman, there is a three day wait for someone on the waiver wire, after which
- if you are the only person wanting that guy, he's yours on the 19th.
- if two or more want the guy, then the one with the lowest waiver number (you're 3, I think) gets him. Then, if I remember, you shoot on back to 10 re waiver numbers.

I've usually gotten whoever I want, even if I was listed as #14. Once in a while, not.

There is no need to rush as long as you get the request in before the waiver day, as getting your choice isn't dependent on how fast you ask, but your waiver number.

Edit, I see Tico beat me to it.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 05:11 pm
@ossobuco,
And so, Ragman, you wouldn't want to tell us about any waiver deal you have pending. Otherwise one of us higher up the chain (gargamel or me, for example) could sneak in and grab your desired player.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 05:18 pm
@Ticomaya,
It sure does and thanks so much; however, what I think I hear you saying is that my chances are not high for acquiring AJ Pierz.

So if I want to get this guy, I have to figure out who has him and how I propose my trade. I love my starters and pretty happy with my OF and my SS selections.

Out of curiosity, how or what is the limits is for catchers and/or SS? Are 3 catchers and/or SS the limit?
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 05:30 pm
@Ragman,
No limits on the maximum # of players (catchers. for example) you can have on your roster. Getting them all into your starting lineup would be an issue.
A few years ago one player let the computer do the drafting and ended up with almost all OF's in the 9th through 20th rounds. Amazingly enough we solved the problem by a series of trades of players. He was made more or less whole.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 05:32 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

It sure does and thanks so much; however, what I think I hear you saying is that my chances are not high for acquiring AJ Pierz.

I think your chances at getting him are rather good. I wouldn't be so bold as to tell you how to structure your roster, but speaking for myself, I'm not sure one wants more than one catcher on one's roster. In years past, we have had 2 catcher slots in the roster. However, this year there is only one catcher slot (and maybe that was the case last year also, I can't remember). The thing about the catcher, is most catchers don't play every day. Some catchers, like RJB's Martinez, for example, will probably play daily, because they play other positions (1B or DH). My primary catcher also plays first base. So he is more likely to get everyday at bats. Also, players with catcher eligibility who normally play a position other than catcher, tend to hold up better physically over the duration of the season -- catchers tend to suffer wear and tear that other positions don't. That's why they don't play every day. So, you might pick up a second catcher, that's entirely up to you. I drafted 2 catchers, but that's only because I auto-drafted, and the computer decided I should have 2 catchers. I doubt RJB or Gargamel will think they should pick up a second. But of course, as RJB mentioned, maybe they will pick him up in order to trade him to you!!!

Quote:
So if I want to get this guy, I have to figure out who has him and how I propose my trade. I love my starters and pretty happy with my OF and my SS selections.

That's right. If RJB picks him up and you want him (or you want any other player(s) RJB has, you propose a trade, indicating which player(s) of his you want, and which player(s) of yours you are willing to trade for him. RJB can accept your formal trade, or he can reject it. (You can also suggest a trade, or ask him if he would be interested in a trade in an informal way, via PM or email. And if the interest is there, you can formally propose the trade. That's another option.)

Quote:
Out of curiosity, how or what is the limits is for catchers and/or SS? Are 3 catchers and/or SS the limit?

The only limit is the roster space available to you. If for some reason you wanted to have 5 catchers on your roster, you are free to do so.

You can only play one at a time, though.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 05:33 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
A few years ago one player let the computer do the drafting and ended up with almost all OF's in the 9th through 20th rounds. Amazingly enough we solved the problem by a series of trades of players. He was made more or less whole.

That's right -- he didn't have a catcher on his roster at the end of the draft, as I recall. Was that Gargamel?
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 05:48 pm
@fbaezer,
I am willing to deal a bat for a Starting pitcher...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 06:06 pm
I just sent out 5 FB...Tell me who you are thinking if you do not like any of those trade offers....
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 06:15 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Ragman wrote:

Quote:

The only limit is the roster space available to you. If for some reason you wanted to have 5 catchers on your roster, you are free to do so.

You can only play one at a time, though.

Not exactly - you can play 1 catcher in the C slot and 2 others in the Utility slots. Why you'd want to is another question entirely, though.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 06:19 pm
@Ragman,
I have no interest in AJ. Either as an addition to my roster or as trade bait. I try to take players whose names I can pronounce. He's yours as far as I'm concerned.
I've thought about the trade bait gambit in football. The Boston crowd will give away a great player or two to anyone who has Brady. I always draft near the bottom, though, so he is long gone.
The shift to only one catcher in the starting lineup is new this year - due to the scarcity of quality players as the season takes its toll. A good suggestion that Rhys implemented without discussion.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 06:20 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Gargamel wrote:
I've got four baddass closers.

Laughing

I'd use all the happy emoticons you can while Putz and Reed still have closing gigs.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 06:30 pm
I'll post it here because I think it is easier...I will trade anyone on my roster...(including Trout) and am always looking for trades...So long as the value is pretty equal...and I think I need that position...

If anyone is willing to trade a good arm...I am willing to deal any player, so long as the value is close...
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 07:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I'd be interested in 3B R Zimmerman if he's healthy. D Wright may start the season on DL for me.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 07:24 pm
@realjohnboy,
I will trade Zimmerman...but I am not sure you will be interested...

I like Verlander, Chris Sale, or Chapman...

If you would like a bit more for Verlander (if you are willing) I will trade you...

(I will do Trout straight up for Verlander if you want to deal) If you are not interested in dealing Verlander, I understand...

I will trade you Zimmerman or another, for Sale, Or we can work out a 2 player deal if you are willing to trade Sale, if not...

I will give you Zimmerman, or another bat equal, for Chapman, and another weak closer, or Chapman and a weak set-up man...
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 08:40 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
Not exactly - you can play 1 catcher in the C slot and 2 others in the Utility slots. Why you'd want to is another question entirely, though.

Both good points.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 08:41 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:
I'd use all the happy emoticons you can while Putz and Reed still have closing gigs.

Putz' gig is safe.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 08:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
(I will do Trout straight up for Verlander if you want to deal) If you are not interested in dealing Verlander, I understand...

I will trade any pitcher on my roster you want, for Trout.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 09:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nice...

If you are willing to move Cole I am interested, but not for Trout...but anyone else...

And we can do multiple guys also...

I would like to do Stanton, Cole, for Trout and Medlen...

but I wished you had 2 pitchers...I do no need the bat...

I will be back with some other offers...
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 09:30 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
If you are willing to move Cole I am interested, but not for Trout...but anyone else...

Joey Bats?