A2K Fantasy Baseball Is Back! 2013 Version

ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 05:10 pm
@jespah,
Anyway, I sooo don't want spades to drop out.

Wasn't that what Rigoletto was about? Conniving a new entity? I grew to like italian opera, after first hating it and making my boss close his office door, but have little patience for the actual stories, so I've no idea what Rigoletto is on about except that the name is catchy.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 06:36 pm
@ossobuco,
I struck out with McGentrix. He pmed me with his regrets saying he can't play this year. I'm going through my rolodex.
We have one Mexican player; three from Boston; two players of the female persuasion...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 07:23 pm
@realjohnboy,
Where the hell is Pantalones? (doing well, I hope)
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 07:43 pm
@ossobuco,
He disappeared from A2K a few years ago. His name, as I recall, was Jose. Pancho reported at the time that he had moved on. He knew baseball.
Which reminds me...did you ever hear about the Mexican who visited the states? Upon his return to Mexico he commented about how nice the Americans were. At a ball game they all stood and sang out "Jose, can you see?"
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 07:58 pm
@realjohnboy,
Yes, him and another guy - I liked both of them.
oh well.

this sounds easy fly by, but I'm picky.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 08:13 pm
Tsarstepan played before.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 08:14 pm
@Ticomaya,

aha!
Ragman

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 09:45 pm
@ossobuco,
The Sarasota Sox-Puppets are looking for a place to play.
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 09:52 pm
@Ragman,
Great! I don't have the required ID# or password but I will try to find someone lickety split to send it along via pm.
Ragman

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 10:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
Sounds good. I know virtually nothing about how Fantasy works...except there is a draft. I am putting on my sweater now to prevent a chill.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 11:29 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you very much Ragman!!!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 12:29 am
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
Great! I don't have the required ID# or password but I will try to find someone lickety split to send it along via pm.

Done!

Welcome aboard, RM!
jespah

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 05:14 am
W00t!
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 07:13 am
@Ticomaya,
Thanks for helping set this up.

One small detail...I can't log in yet, however. I get this error :

You are not allowed to view this page because you are not in this league. (Error #152)
ossobuco

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 08:39 am
@Ragman,
I seem to remember it took me a while to figure out where on yahoo fantasy it says something like join a league, join an existing league. It's there somewhere..

On the draft list, some of the players will be injured, so the list of injured (lots of websites including yahoo have those) with how badly they are can be important to your eliminating some names. (I should look at the list myself.. though I tend to do it one player at a time instead of by list)
Ragman

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 11:04 am
@ossobuco,
I'm all set now and have successfully logged in. Also I got the note from the fantasy league explaining that the draft occurs on March 16th. I have to figure out how to do the pre-draft customizing before then so I mean prioritize my picks (I think).

{Edit: Ok. I participated in a live mock draft and got an email with my potential picks. ( I think I got this due to participating as a practice in Texas league in another league.) Now I just have to figure out how to apply these potential picks to the draft that will occur on Mar 16.}
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 02:41 pm
@Ragman,
All you have to do is go to pre-draft rankings...and you can put players in any spot you would like...from the current yahoo default projections...and you can also move players down...Or remove them from your list so that your computer draft will not draft that/those players...

Once you like your list, just save it, and click import players...and it will auto place everyone else back in their current projections...

Example: If you want to put Ryan Braun as number 1 over Miguel Cabrera, or Mike Trout...and put Justin Verlander, or Strasburg higher to try to draft those pitchers with your second pick or even first pick...Once you save your ranking and then click import...It will auto place everyone else back on the list according to what yahoo has them set as defaults...
Ragman

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 02:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
^5 and thanks for the tips. that is a big help.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 02:48 pm
@Ragman,
You are very welcome mate...Wink
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 10 Mar, 2013 03:01 pm
@Ragman,
...And after ranking your picks, or deciding to let the computer pick the next highest available player, you can still join in the live draft next Saturday, March 16th, at 8 pm ET. Usually 3 or 4 of us are there for a few rounds or so.
You can override the rankings if you join live. It's kind of amusing for a short period of time, with the opportunity for chatting.