A2K Fantasy Baseball Is Back! 2013 Version

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 08:08 pm
@Ticomaya,
I see what you mean mate...I think it has something to do with the rankings...but I am not positive...I think they should all level out...but I am not positive...I have done 4 team baseball and 6 football leagues, and since we were able to go so deep the whole rosters where can't cuts, so I had to turn it off...

I think it may be 5 picks or so here, because we can't go so deep...I would figure it will equal out...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 08:09 pm
>lag<
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 08:13 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:
the can't cut list is established before the draft.

Well, the method of determining the can't cut list is established before the draft, but the list itself, is in constant flux.

Quote:
and typically the new day started about 2am central time...

And Rockhead has often stayed up until that time to grab a free agent from the pool -- the cheap bastid.

Not that he wouldn't have been up at that hour anyway, huh?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 08:18 pm
@Ticomaya,
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_SPORTS_FAN_FOOTUS&locale=en_US&id=SLN6932

I think we were saying basically the same...it fluctuates, and is done so teams can not dump and is determined by Yahoo, but it is based upon the rankings, and who they want to add or remove...with other managers insights...

But I was incorrect about every team having the same amount...

Thanks Tico...
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 08:32 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Thanks Tico...

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg62/scaled.php?server=62&filename=highfivet.gif&res=landing
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 10:27 pm
@Ticomaya,
Enter Sandman!!

0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:52 pm
The standings after two weeks. Note that we are ranked by Yahoo not on how many matchups we have won but on how many categories (like HR's, RBI's etc) we have won.
Osso is leading by 5 1/2 followed by Johnboy, Ragman, Gargamel, Tico, Spade, Jespah, Rhys, George and Fbaezer.
fbaezer

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 07:18 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'll just remind all of you of the season in which I was on the cellar by the all-star game.

The F.Y.R of P.C.D (Former Yugoslav Republic of Previous Cellar Dwellers) remembers that season fondly:

http://archive.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/mlb/2006/46100
ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 07:24 pm
@fbaezer,
I'm not allowed to look at that, since I'm not in that league...

but tell us, tell us..
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 09:16 pm
@fbaezer,
You had 2 wins in the first 10 games that season (2006). 8 wins in 22 games. 3 ties (2 were against me). You entered the playoffs in 5th place (I was in 6th). You beat RJB, then Jes, then JP Fritz' brother in the final game.

Glory days, FB ... glory days.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 07:16 am
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 04:46 pm
@realjohnboy,
Quote:
Osso is leading by 5 1/2 followed by Johnboy, Ragman, Gargamel, Tico, Spade, Jespah, Rhys, George and Fbaezer.

Yeah...You are 5.5 back...and in second, and 8th place right now is 8.5 back...which means that 2nd to 8th place is separated by a total of 3 points right now...Very Happy
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 06:11 pm
We have completed 5 weeks of Fantasy Baseball. No one has dominated thus far.
Gargamel is in the lead, followed by George, Johnboy and Tico. In the 2nd tier are Osso, Spade, Rhys and Ragman. Jespah and Fbaezer trail.
I keep waiting for someone to have a break out week.
Ragman

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 06:23 pm
@realjohnboy,
Thanks for the status update.

Better tell that to my fantasy players. They don't seem to want to listen when I tell them stuff.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 06:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
I WAS having a breakout week, but then came Halladay and Estrada to blow everything away.
Ragman

Reply Mon 6 May, 2013 07:41 pm
@fbaezer,
After seeing his 5th failure in 8 starts, Halladay has fallen apart, it seems. Death has taken a Halladay.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:23 pm
THE GREAT A2K FANTASY SCHEME

Our friend Tico thinks he has a great team.
The truth is that every player has "forgotten" to put his/her best lineup when playing against the mighty Ticomaniacs.
We bench players on a roll and stick to players in a slump.
All this so Tico gets first place in the normal season and gets overconfident in the playoffs, where he will be wiped out.
The scheme is working so well, Tico will think this telling post is only a joke by a sore loser, and keep his all-too-well-known overconfidence.

We're gonna get you in the playoffs, Ticomaniacs!
In your sleep.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2013 10:29 pm
@fbaezer,
Sly dog, I agree with you.

Go for it.

Says Madame deFarge or whatever her name was.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 18 Jun, 2013 04:01 pm
@fbaezer,
fbaezer wrote:
THE GREAT A2K FANTASY SCHEME

Our friend Tico thinks he has a great team.
The truth is that every player has "forgotten" to put his/her best lineup when playing against the mighty Ticomaniacs.
We bench players on a roll and stick to players in a slump.
All this so Tico gets first place in the normal season and gets overconfident in the playoffs, where he will be wiped out.
The scheme is working so well, Tico will think this telling post is only a joke by a sore loser, and keep his all-too-well-known overconfidence.

Hmm, yeah, you did do a bit of that last week, FB. Verra interesting ... wonder if the scheme will work?

Let's watch!
0 Replies