It's Back! The Great Big A2K 2011 Fantasy Baseball Game!

Mon 7 Feb, 2011 05:20 pm
It has been a long, hard winter and it probably isn't over yet. The groundhog saw its shadow, suggesting an early spring. I think I am smarter than a rodent, but that is debatable, I guess.
The MLB season begins on March 31st and for the 5th season we will have an A2K Fantasy league run by Yahoo.
We can handle up to 10 or 12 or 14 players. We each put together a team of major league ball players and get matched up with another A2Ker each week.
The time required to participate is perhaps 30 minutes a week minimum. We do ask that you realize that it is a long season and it is not good if a player here wanders off mid-season.
Registration on Yahoo is required but it is free and does not result in getting spam.
If you are interested please post here. Yahoo is accepting league registration by a commissioner beginning tomorrow. Once that happens, by someone other then me, I will be given a league ID and password which I will pm to anyone who is interested.
I found my glove again from last year. It still smells like a good glove should.
Alas, I can't bend down far enough fast enough to handle ground balls like I did when I played 3rd base 50 some years ago. And my throws to 1st seem to take a long time to get there, if they get there at all.
But it is still baseball.

jespah

Mon 7 Feb, 2011 05:46 pm
@realjohnboy,
The Puppies will give another whack at it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Mon 7 Feb, 2011 08:46 pm
I'd be happy to step in as commish again, unless someone else would like the opportunity. Now I just need to come up with a name for my team ......
George

Mon 7 Feb, 2011 08:48 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:
It has been a long, hard winter and it probably isn't over yet.
The groundhog saw its shadow, suggesting an early spring.
I think I am smarter than a rodent, but that is debatable, I guess.

As weatherman Elliot Abrams put it:
Spring may be just around the corner, but it's an awfully long way to the
end of the block.
Ticomaya

Mon 7 Feb, 2011 08:58 pm
@George,
Personally, I'd prefer to have 6 more weeks of winter.
jespah

Tue 8 Feb, 2011 06:55 am
@Ticomaya,
You can have ours.
realjohnboy

Tue 8 Feb, 2011 01:24 pm
@Ticomaya,
Please feel free to do it, Tico. It's your call, of course, as to league size etc. Let me know the ID# and password. Thanks.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Tue 8 Feb, 2011 01:28 pm
I'm in.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Tue 8 Feb, 2011 04:28 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:
You can have ours.

Let me be clear: 6 more weeks of MY winter.
jespah

Tue 8 Feb, 2011 05:26 pm
@Ticomaya,
Damn!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 9 Feb, 2011 07:54 am
I have taken the liberty of setting up the 2011 Triple A2K Fantasy Baseball league on Yahoo. Same settings as last year.

The link is: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/2010triplea2k

(No, I'm not kidding ... that IS the link.)

League ID is: 22819

The live draft is set for Saturday, 3/26/11 at 3:30pm MST, which is 45 days from now.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Wed 9 Feb, 2011 07:57 am
Last year was an aberration ... but we have retooled our management team, and improved our training staff, and we are ready ...

Now ... would everyone please ... cower in fear of ....... the mighty Ticomaniacs!!!!

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1029/arnoldbat1ca.jpg
[/quote]
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Wed 9 Feb, 2011 01:18 pm
Very good. The league is set up. Thanks, Tico.
We have filled 5 of the 14 available slots. It is not necessary to reach 14, but we must end up with an even number of players. We welcome new players. If you are interested in joining, please pm me or Tico and we will provide you with the password to register.
realjohnboy

Wed 9 Feb, 2011 05:26 pm
@realjohnboy,
The two hombres from Mexico, Jose and Pancho, have joined us again this year. Great. So now we are at 7 players.
Hurry, hurry.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Fri 18 Feb, 2011 06:18 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

It has been a long, hard winter and it probably isn't over yet. The groundhog saw its shadow, suggesting an early spring. I think I am smarter than a rodent, but that is debatable, I guess.
The MLB season begins on March 31st and for the 5th season we will have an A2K Fantasy league run by Yahoo.
We can handle up to 10 or 12 or 14 players. We each put together a team of major league ball players and get matched up with another A2Ker each week.
The time required to participate is perhaps 30 minutes a week minimum. We do ask that you realize that it is a long season and it is not good if a player here wanders off mid-season.
Registration on Yahoo is required but it is free and does not result in getting spam.
If you are interested please post here. Yahoo is accepting league registration by a commissioner beginning tomorrow. Once that happens, by someone other then me, I will be given a league ID and password which I will pm to anyone who is interested.
I found my glove again from last year. It still smells like a good glove should.
Alas, I can't bend down far enough fast enough to handle ground balls like I did when I played 3rd base 50 some years ago. And my throws to 1st seem to take a long time to get there, if they get there at all.
But it is still baseball.

Five weeks until we get to draft our players. We are up to 8 players thus far with room for 4 or 6 more. If you are interested in joining in, please pm me or Tico and we can provide you with information on how to join on Yahoo. It is totally free and spamless, I assure you.
jespah

Sat 19 Feb, 2011 07:23 am
@realjohnboy,
And we have fun, folks. I mean, where else can you get a rappin' redneck, a guy who trash talks in classical Latin, the mighty Ticomaniacs, more info about our favorite players South of the Border than you ever thought possible, osso's to die for foods, Cyclo's wit and, uh, me?
realjohnboy

Sun 20 Feb, 2011 11:09 am
@jespah,
And now Rhys from Boston, who may actually know something about baseball.
We are now up to 9 players on our way to 12 or 14.
Please consider joining us and the boys of summer for this season.
0 Replies

George

Tue 22 Feb, 2011 10:56 am
I am now working on my draft strategy.
That is to say, I'm thinking about a draft strategy.
Or at least thinking about having a draft strategy.

OK, that's enough work for one day.
Ticomaya

Tue 22 Feb, 2011 01:03 pm
@George,
I'm way ahead of you, George. I thought about having a draft strategy days ago.
George

Tue 22 Feb, 2011 01:18 pm
@Ticomaya,
Oh yeah?
Well, I thought about having a daft strategy years ago!
0 Replies