ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BASEBALL?

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 11:04 pm
It may be cold and perhaps snowy where some of yall are, but somewhere in FL or AZ, Major League Baseball players are getting ready for the start of the season, just a month away!

And the A2K Fantasy Baseball League on Yahoo will be back again this year. Exclusively for a2kers regardless of any knowlege about baseball.

Watch this space for details on how you, yes you, can participate in this totally free game.

(It would be helpful though, if you are interested, to so post, so the dude setting this up has an idea as to how big he needs to set the league).

I, johnboy, will be doing some of the color commentary this season. I, who know nothing about baseball.

Again, you need to know nothing about baseball to play and enjoy this little romp. Please join us.

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 11:05 pm
Cactus league spring training is getting ready to go.

And I am ready to defend my title.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Wed 27 Feb, 2008 11:16 pm
(amusingly, as of 12:12 am, this new thread is in the Politics category on a2k. There probably is a joke in there ready to be written).
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:19 am
Ha, it's not in the Politics forum any more. Actually, I was wondering if it was going to be a topic about Clemens.

And, of course, count me in re fantasy ball. The Puppies are tanned, rested and ready to play!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 08:52 am
Ticomaya wrote:

RJB said it is Fantasy BASEBALL, not Fantasy Football.

2005: Dangling Carrots, Champion.
Manager: fbaezer

2006: Former Yugoslav Republic of Past Cellar Dwellers, Champion.

2007: Sodom Salt Statues, Champion.

This three times A2K Fantasy Baseball champion is ready for the 2008 season, too.

(Being an Olympic year, I'll be paying little attention to baseball for two whole weeks in August... so all you guys have a slight chance this time). :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 02:04 pm
jespah wrote:
The Puppies are tanned, rested and ready to play!

is this the thread about your trip to the topless beach?

Cool
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:39 pm
<< perking up >>

say what now Question
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:44 pm
I think I'm going to try Fantasy Football first, and then if I live through that (re amount of time involved), try baseball next year.

Hmmm, are there Fantasy Futbol leagues? I'm even dumber about soccer than baseball, which I used to watch in some of baseball's heyday years.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:48 pm
I'm in.
How do we know if a2kr's are using performance enhancing drugs?
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 05:51 pm
I'll have a go at this... Might be fun.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 06:22 pm
alex240101 wrote:
I'm in.
How do we know if a2kr's are using performance enhancing drugs?

Good evening, Alex. I single you out because you are the only person posting here so far whom I don't know. Welcome to this game. I hope you will find the banter here, from folks who in some cases can't tell left field from right field, amusing.

RJB is in VA. Tico: AZ. Fbaezer: Mexico. Jespah: MA. Ehbeth: Canada. Region: MA. Osso: NM. LTX: I forget (TX?).

They do here at the home give me two pink pills in the morning and one purple one at night. If waking up in the morning still alive is performance enhancing, I plead guilty. If called to testify before Congressmen in DC looking for attention, I will admit that.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 06:36 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
<<perking>>

say what now Question

Honey, you've already seen my tan lines. Embarrassed

PS We do fantasy baseball (and football, when the season starts, which'll be quite a few months from now) through Yahoo. I suggest that folks get Yahoo accounts (they're free!) if they don't have 'em yet. See http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ for some info. Also, RJB, Tico, Rockhead, fbaezer, Pantalones and I have been doing this forever (so has jpinmilwaukee, dunno if he can be around this year) so I think I can speak for the others when I say, ask if you're unsure of something. Except for info on who we want on our teams. :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 06:44 pm
okey dokey - confirmed that I recall my yahoo account info

~~~

Now I'll wait for further instructions from Charlie.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 06:48 pm
Oh, gads, peer pressure.

I'll do it. I do have a yahoo account, though they wouldn't let me sign up to Flickr yesterday. I presume if there is a problem I can iron it out. Or, bat it out.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 06:55 pm
ossobuco wrote:

Hmmm, are there Fantasy Futbol leagues?

On Yahoo!, they have salary cap soccer leagues on the English Premier League, Spanish Liga, Italian Serie A, French Ligue 1, Mexican Primera divisiĆ³n and Latin America's Copa Libertadores. I guess they should also have Europe's Champions League.
The problem with it is that scoring is way too complicated.
Played a few times (Spanish and Mexican leagues), did well but did not have much fun.

On the UEFA site there will certainly be an interesting Fantasy League on the incoming Eurocup, with easier scoring. 4 years ago it was lots of fun (And I got my ash whipped by my son Camus da Aquarius in a family league splashed with a couple of European A2Kers).

I also play fantasy soccer on the Mexican League in the web page of a rival newspaper, a classic this side of the border. This season, my team's name is Obama-lama-lama-ding-dong, and I'm currently on 4th place on my co-workers league (and about 11,000th overall).
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 06:59 pm
Awesome, I won't be the only gal!
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 07:07 pm
Um. Oh, by the way, hold off on trying to sign into the A2k Fantasy Baseball League on Yahoo for the moment. It hasn't actually been set up yet. We are hoping JPinMilw will do it again this year, but his schooling is keeping him busy. If we don't hear from him in a week or so, another one of us has offered to be the commish and get us registered.

Watch this space!
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 08:53 pm
fbaezer wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:

RJB said it is Fantasy BASEBALL, not Fantasy Football.

2005: Dangling Carrots, Champion.

2006: Former Yugoslav Republic of Past Cellar Dwellers, Champion.

2007: Sodom Salt Statues, Champion.

This three times A2K Fantasy Baseball champion is ready for the 2008 season, too.

(Being an Olympic year, I'll be paying little attention to baseball for two whole weeks in August... so all you guys have a slight chance this time). :wink:

There needs to be a big 'ol asterisk next to the 2007 entry, fbaezer. :wink:

This year the championship game needs to be one week long, and only one week long. None of this,
bizarre-2-week-championship-game-unlike-every-other-game-during-the-year-in-order-to-give-fbaezer-an-edge nonsense.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 04:57 am
Ladies and gentlemen, set up continues here: http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=112939
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 01:49 pm
Well I didn't receive a pm from jp, but I expect one might have been sent. A2K is acting strangely, repeatedly disconnecting me and saying I have to re-login. Perhaps someone could try to send me Yahoo info re league name etc.
0 Replies