Lib Dem British MP Castigates Israel

Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 04:35 am
This is a link to killings in the Palestine Mandate. There's plenty of Jews killing Arabs, and plenty of Arabs killing Jews, but there's not a hint of a massacre in Hebron.
Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 04:38 am
There was a massacre of Jews in Hebron (then, and until 1967, a part of Jordan) in 1929. It was not, however, a case of the Jews being wiped out. According to the Jewish Virtual Library, which can hardly be described as biased against Jews, 67 people were killed, and the hundreds of survivors were relocated to Jerusalem.
Foofie

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 07:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I advocate for everybody who is discriminated against, and that includes many minorities in the US, gays and lesbians, and women.

That's quite nobel of you. I would hope you also advocate for retired auditors of corporations who need to have a purposeful existence.
Foofie

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 07:12 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

There was a massacre of Jews in Hebron (then, and until 1967, a part of Jordan) in 1929. It was not, however, a case of the Jews being wiped out. According to the Jewish Virtual Library, which can hardly be described as biased against Jews, 67 people were killed, and the hundreds of survivors were relocated to Jerusalem.

In my opinion, your analysis is specious (sounds correct, but is not), since it leaves out who could not live at peace with who. Cause and effect.
Setanta

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 07:23 am
@Foofie,
Go read the list of killings, plenty of Arabs were being killed, too. You're a liar and a racist bigot, Miller, and don't try to pretend to any righteousness or virtue.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 07:40 am
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
In my opinion, your analysis is specious (sounds correct, but is not), since it leaves out who could not live at peace with who. Cause and effect.

If you look at my link to the wikipage on the real Hebron massacre, as opposed to the one that only exists in Advocate's fevered imagination, you would find this sentence.

Quote:
Many of the 435 Jews who survived were hidden by local Arab families.

So there were, and still are, Jews and Arabs who can live at peace with each other. I'm not surprised you ignored this, because, like Advocate, in your attempt to sully all Palestinians, you're only interested in spreading half truths and misinformation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:00 am
@izzythepush,
This sentence is worth repeating for those like Advocate who doesn't have any room for his bigotry.

Quote:
Quote:
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:09 am
@izzythepush,
See the linked material, which covers the 157 Jews massacred in Hebron in 1948.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killings_and_massacres_during_the_1948_Palestine_War
Advocate

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:12 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Foofie wrote:

If you look at my link to the wikipage on the real Hebron massacre, as opposed to the one that only exists in Advocate's fevered imagination, you would find this sentence.

Quote:

So there were, and still are, Jews and Arabs who can live at peace with each other. I'm not surprised you ignored this, because, like Advocate, in your attempt to sully all Palestinians, you're only interested in spreading half truths and misinformation.

Up until 1948, the Arabs and Jews lived in relative peace in Hebron. That is, until the Arabs massacred every one of the 157 Jews living there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killings_and_massacres_during_the_1948_Palestine_War
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:16 am
@Advocate,
You wrote,
Quote:
Up until 1948, the Arabs and Jews lived in relative peace in Hebron. That is, until the Arabs massacred every one of the 157 Jews living there.

You really don't know the history of Palestine.

From Wiki.
Quote:
List of Irgun attacks
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Main article: Irgun
During the 1936–1939 Arab revolt in Palestine against the British Mandate of Palestine the militant Zionist group the Irgun carried out sixty attacks against Arabs and British soldiers.[1] Irgun was described as a terrorist organization byThe New York Times,[2][3] the Anglo-American Committee of Enquiry,[4] prominent world figures such as Winston Churchill[5] and Jewish figures such as Hannah Arendt, Albert Einstein, and many others.[6] The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs describes it as "an underground organization."[7] The New York Times at the time cited sources in an investigative piece which linked the Haganah paramilitary group to the Irgun terrorist attacks such as the King David Hotel Bombing.[8]
Irgun launched a series of attacks which lasted until the beginning of World War II. All told, Irgun attacks against Arab targets resulted in at least 250 Arab deaths during this period. Following is a list of attacks resulting in death attributed to Irgun that took place during the 1930s. The Irgun conducted at least 60 operations altogether during this period.[9][10][11]
Advocate

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:24 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:

You really don't know the history of Palestine.

From Wiki.
Quote:
List of Irgun attacks
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Main article: Irgun
During the 1936–1939 Arab revolt in Palestine against the British Mandate of Palestine the militant Zionist group the Irgun carried out sixty attacks against Arabs and British soldiers.[1] Irgun was described as a terrorist organization byThe New York Times,[2][3] the Anglo-American Committee of Enquiry,[4] prominent world figures such as Winston Churchill[5] and Jewish figures such as Hannah Arendt, Albert Einstein, and many others.[6] The Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs describes it as "an underground organization."[7] The New York Times at the time cited sources in an investigative piece which linked the Haganah paramilitary group to the Irgun terrorist attacks such as the King David Hotel Bombing.[8]
Irgun launched a series of attacks which lasted until the beginning of World War II. All told, Irgun attacks against Arab targets resulted in at least 250 Arab deaths during this period. Following is a list of attacks resulting in death attributed to Irgun that took place during the 1930s. The Irgun conducted at least 60 operations altogether during this period.[9][10][11]

Irgun was at war with British and Arab soldiers (or quasi soldiers). It was not conducting massacres as were the Pals.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:27 am
@Advocate,
Quote:

Advocate...that reminds me of a question I have asked of you several times. Fact is, Arabs and Jews lived in relative peace and harmony throughout the Middle East for centuries until the middle of the 1940's.

Was there anything significantly different about the Middle East during the middle of the 1940's that might account for why they stopped getting along relatively peacefully and have been at each others throats since?

C'mon.

Make a guess!

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:34 am
@Advocate,
Here's more from Wiki.
Quote:
The Irgun policy was based on what was then called Revisionist Zionism founded by Ze'ev Jabotinsky. According to Howard Sachar, "The policy of the new organization was based squarely on Jabotinsky's teachings: every Jew had the right to enter Palestine; only active retaliation would deter the Arabs; only Jewish armed force would ensure the Jewish state".[2]
Two of the operations for which the Irgun is best known are the bombing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem on 22 July 1946 and the Deir Yassin massacre, carried out together with Lehi on 9 April 1948.
The Irgun has been viewed as a terrorist organization or organization which carried out terrorist acts.[3][4] In particular the Irgun was branded a terrorist organisation by Britain[5] and the Jewish Agency.[6]

Yup, the Jewish Agency is made up of anti-Semites.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 01:12 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
Go read the list of killings, plenty of Arabs were being killed, too. You're a liar and a racist bigot, Miller, and don't try to pretend to any righteousness or virtue.

Says the guy who defends the slaughter of millions of Vietnamese by his criminal government.

Is there a word that is stronger than hypocrite to define someone who is more a hypocrite than what hypocrite defines?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 01:13 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

See the linked material, which covers the 157 Jews massacred in Hebron in 1948.

It does not. You're lying.
JTT

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 01:14 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Advocate...that reminds me of a question I have asked of you several times.

Is there a word that is stronger than hypocrite to define someone who is more a hypocrite than what hypocrite defines?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 01:15 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank, Advocate is lying, follow the link he's posted, there's nothing about Jews being massacred in Hebron in 1948.
JTT

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 01:23 pm
@izzythepush,
I've noticed that people who are trying to cover up the crimes of their governments/peoples tend towards prevarication. Frank is no slouch in this regard, Izzy. He's sneakier maybe, but he's no different.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 01:50 pm
@Setanta,
Advocate tries to recreate history, but it backfires on him about 100% of the time.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 01:51 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie, You are a fool; no doubt about it.
0 Replies