cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 11:21 pm
@georgeob1,
You wrote,
Quote:
@Foofie,
You wrote,
Quote:
yes, being of a higher social class does make one a better human to those that also subscribe to the social class system.

Here's a report from Israel.
Quote:
Study: Income inequality growing faster in Israel than in other developed nations
Bank of Israel report cites lack of state involvement, heterogeneous population growth for the disparity; study also indicates growing gap between educated, uneducated.

Income inequality grew faster in Israel than in other developed countries, a Bank of Israel report indicated on Wednesday, adding that over the last 20 years, the salary gaps between educated and uneducated workers grew while salary gaps between men and women narrowed.

The report ascribed the growth of income inequality, among other reasons, to a lack of government effort to bridge the gaps, as well as the Haredi and Arab population's relative lack of workforce participation.

According to the report, the inequality in net income by ethnicity in Israel is drastic compared to other developed countries, and since 1995, inequality rates have continued to rise faster than the average rates of developed countries round the world.

There are many reasons behind the high levels of income inequality, and the gaps between Israeli GDP per capita and the average GDP of developed nations. One such reason is the heterogeneous nature of Israel’s population.

For example, the ultra-orthodox and Arab populations are have a very high birth rate in relation to populations in other developed nations, but also have low rates of participation in the workforce, a factor that makes for a lower GDP per capita and income inequality.

Okay, why are Jews stealing lands from Palestinians if they're of a "socially higher class?"
Advocate

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 09:14 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:
@Foofie,
You wrote,
Quote:
yes, being of a higher social class does make one a better human to those that also subscribe to the social class system.

Here's a report from Israel.
Quote:
Study: Income inequality growing faster in Israel than in other developed nations
Bank of Israel report cites lack of state involvement, heterogeneous population growth for the disparity; study also indicates growing gap between educated, uneducated.

Income inequality grew faster in Israel than in other developed countries, a Bank of Israel report indicated on Wednesday, adding that over the last 20 years, the salary gaps between educated and uneducated workers grew while salary gaps between men and women narrowed.

The report ascribed the growth of income inequality, among other reasons, to a lack of government effort to bridge the gaps, as well as the Haredi and Arab population's relative lack of workforce participation.

According to the report, the inequality in net income by ethnicity in Israel is drastic compared to other developed countries, and since 1995, inequality rates have continued to rise faster than the average rates of developed countries round the world.

There are many reasons behind the high levels of income inequality, and the gaps between Israeli GDP per capita and the average GDP of developed nations. One such reason is the heterogeneous nature of Israel’s population.

For example, the ultra-orthodox and Arab populations are have a very high birth rate in relation to populations in other developed nations, but also have low rates of participation in the workforce, a factor that makes for a lower GDP per capita and income inequality.

Okay, why are Jews stealing lands from Palestinians if they're of a "socially higher class?"

Wow, you bigots will seize on anything to take shots at Israel and the Jews.

BTW, the disparity of income and wealth between the whites in this country and the blacks is staggering. Is that all about discrimination?
0 Replies

nydia2013

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 09:24 am
@Advocate,
Nothing can contrast to the inhumanity of the Holocaust in my opinion; and yet, one would think the Jews, who've been victims, would be more hypersensitive to the plight of Palestinians, which they have caused. It's like Apartheid that once existed in South Africa. Israel has grown so powerful for such a tiny state with the help of the mighty US, that its forgotten how persecuted it was once upon a time during WW2. "Those who do not remember the past are bound to repeat it."
Advocate

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 10:11 am
@nydia2013,
nydia2013 wrote:

Nothing can contrast to the inhumanity of the Holocaust in my opinion; and yet, one would think the Jews, who've been victims, would be more hypersensitive to the plight of Palestinians, which they have caused. It's like Apartheid that once existed in South Africa. Israel has grown so powerful for such a tiny state with the help of the mighty US, that its forgotten how persecuted it was once upon a time during WW2. "Those who do not remember the past are bound to repeat it."

I don't agree with you at all. Israeli Arabs are equal citizens. They vote, serve in the Knesset, have businesses, own property, and some even serve in the military. Israel has begged the Pals outside of Israel to reach a reasonable agreement leading to an independent Pal state. However, the Pals will only agree to terms that would lead to the destruction of Israel.

Israel has been constantly attacked by the Pals, and has responded in a humane fashion.

That is the truth, which I am sure you, and many other bigots in this forum, will reject.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 10:29 am
@Advocate,
You are purposely ignoring the post I made two pages ago about Israel's non-democracy. I suggest you read it and memorize it, because you continue to parrot the same bull **** about Israel's democracy and how Arabs have equal rights.

Quote:
The link that I posted above details Israel's laws and how they discriminate against non-Jews. For those interested in reviewing the "FACTS" of how Israel continues to discriminate against Palestinians is detailed against international laws.

http://www.israellawresourcecenter.org/israellaws/studyguide/SGTI1.htm
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 12:29 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
... educated on the GI bill,

Did you get to commit any war crimes, Foofie? Given your background, the opportunities were endless. Given your sickening personal biases, you come off as a very willing candidate.

Your offensive questions are not worth answering. And, what is my background?

I do not "come off" as anything. What gives you the ethical right to make such blatent false accusations? I can have total anathema to you; however, I would not hurt one hair on your head, since I do not act out my contempt for you. See, some people have a "personal" moral compass, regardless of their contempt for many people. Please do not think I am part of the atavistic masses.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 12:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You wrote,
Quote:

You never studied sociology or didn't learn anything from taking the class(es).

I guess I was taking social history in addition to sociology?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 12:34 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolyo wrote:

Foofie wrote:

being of a higher social class does make one a better human to those that also subscribe to the social class system.

It's also a wonderful emotional crutch for those who don't believe in their own self worth as individuals.

Cute analysis; however, it is not correct, since everyone is not over-compensating for inferiority feelings.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 12:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Schmucko, I was talking about that I might have been born into a higher social class than someone else. Just conjecture.
contrex

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 12:40 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I might have been born into a higher social class than someone else. Just conjecture.

No American can ever be born into a "higher social class" than anybody else for two reasons:

1. They don't have a class system in the US, everybody is the same class (they keep banging on about it, so it must be true)

2. All Americans are chavs and will never be anything else.
Foofie

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 12:49 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Foofie wrote:
I might have been born into a higher social class than someone else. Just conjecture.

No American can ever be born into a "higher social class" than anybody else for two reasons:

1. They don't have a class system in the US, everybody is the same class (they keep banging on about it, so it must be true)

2. All Americans are chavs and will never be anything else.

I do not know what a "chav" is.

Also, there is a social class system in the U.S. Proof of that is that when people are asked what class they are in, most say "middle class," regardless of whether they are really "the working poor" or not.

The fact that you hear/read that there is no class system in the US is so that the masses are pacified with the belief that we are all equal. There is a social class system. That is why many people cannot get into certain cooperatives in Manhattan, since the Board of Directors has the legal right to vote in or out a propective cooperator.

You are talking from someone far off from the US, and are making false assumptions from the likely propaganda you read/hear.

P.S. The terms that are used by educated people here is whether one is upwardly mobile, or downwardly mobile, or static. And, social class is not based neccesarily on wealth, since it is just a copy of the British class system which is based on the social class one was born into from one's father. This allows, for example, an upper class man to marry a pretty and poor stewardess, and his children are given the social class of the father, not the mother.
contrex

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 12:53 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

I'd love to see your face when you find out...
Foofie

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 01:17 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Foofie wrote:

The best interpretation (from Google) I would guess for this British slang word is someone that can have traits of a street urchin (a la Charles Dickens' novels), or someone from the wrong side of the tracks in small town America, with possibly all the low class habits one might have?

However, I am aware of that belief that all Americans are of some lower quality, when compared to a British commoner. It is just over-compensation, in my opinion, since Hyacinth in Keeping Up Appearances shows how aware the British are of social class, and how so many are marginal have nots, so to speak. Plus, the fact that there are families with titles adds to the contest. So, it is quite alright to look down on Americans. I hope you are not including one's teeth in your analysis, since Brits tend to have horrible teeth. No dentists on your island nation?

contrex

Reply Wed 6 Mar, 2013 01:28 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:
I hope you are not including one's teeth in your analysis, since Brits tend to have horrible teeth. No dentists on your island nation?

That's an obsolete impression. We tend to go to Germany or Poland these days; budget flight, set of implants, tour of Warsaw, all cheaper than a couple of fillings in the UK.

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 01:13 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
The US is the only one that has used nuclear weapons, twice, then lied its ass off about why they were used.

Our statement of our motive was slightly wrong, but it was only a minor error.

The reason the bombs were used was: to make Japan surrender.

The reason given later was: to spare the lives of all the troops who otherwise would have died in the invasion.

It was an easy mistake to make, given how concerned everyone was about the number of people who would die in the invasion.

Not really a big deal.

JTT wrote:
The racist US used them on Japan, murdering hundreds of thousands of innocents just to make a political display, just to advance their position in SE Asia, just to be able to grab the wealth of others.

Just to make Japan surrender.

And no, collateral damage from a wartime strike against a military target is not murder.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 01:14 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
The US specifically targeted civilians, another war crime.

In WWII?

Nonsense.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 02:10 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Foofie wrote:

He's pig ignorant, and you're right, he's definitely a chav.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 03:31 am
@izzythepush,
And the latest.

Quote:
The ill-treatment of Palestinian children in Israeli jails is "widespread, systematic and institutionalised", a UN report says.

The study, by the children's fund Unicef, described some of the practices used in dealing with children as "cruel, inhuman or degrading".

It acknowledged Israel had made some "positive changes" in its treatment of young detainees in recent years.

Israel said it would "work hard" to adopt the report's recommendations.

According to the report, an estimated 700 Palestinian children aged 12 to 17 are arrested by Israeli security forces in the West Bank every year.

It said ill-treatment typically began with arrests carried out in the middle of the night and continued through to prosecution and sentencing.

The report said unacceptable practices included "blindfolding children and tying their hands with plastic ties, physical and verbal abuse during transfer to an interrogation site, including the use of painful restraints".

It said during interrogation, some detained children had been "threatened with death, physical violence, solitary confinement and sexual assault, against themselves or a family member".

"Treatment inconsistent with child rights continues during court appearances, including shackling of children, denial of bail and imposition of custodial sentences and transfer of children outside occupied Palestinian territory to serve their sentences inside Israel," it said.

Alongside the criticism, it noted a number of "positive changes" made by Israel in its handling of Palestinian minors in recent years.

This included new hand-tying procedures designed to prevent pain and injury, a requirement to inform parents of a child's detention, and for children to be informed of the right to a lawyer.

Responding to the report, Israel said it faced a "difficult new reality... [with a] recent surge in the involvement of Palestinian minors in acts of terror.

"The existing methods and facilities were designed with adult terrorists in mind. Such methods and facilities are of course unsuitable for children. As such, Israel will need to adjust to this uncomfortable and unfortunate reality, and the efforts Israel is making to do that are evident and were noted in the report."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-21683420
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 07:39 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

contrex wrote:

Foofie wrote:

He's pig ignorant, and you're right, he's definitely a chav.

Then please do not comment on my posts. I do think you both have helped me overcome the last vestiges of any Anglophilia I suffered from. For that I am grateful to both of you. Have a joyous Saint Patrick's Day.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 7 Mar, 2013 09:19 am
@Foofie,
But Fluff, if we don't comment on your posts you won't learn nuffink. That way, one day, you might aspire to the dizzying heights of being working class.