JIM NABORS WAS GOY?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 10:16 pm
@jcboy,
If I say I know Lola and think you are way off on all this, you will take me as anti-you?

Go ahead, but you would be wrong.

Oh, and I talk too much? ya ya ya ya, takes one to know one.
Val Killmore

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 10:39 pm
@ossobuco,
Lady you've experience life to a ripe old age, relative to myself, and you haven't learned that knowing someone through a relationship isn't actually knowing the person. Sure experiences have left you with a feel for that person, but you really don't know her as that bitch does herself. And even the bitch herself can not actually know herself. Do you really know yourself osso?
Do yourself a favor and cut the bullshit that if you know someone everyone should listen to you and take your word over other people's observations.
This could have been all over if that old bitch was mature enough to act like a lady and apologize for here unwitting racist comment.
Oh look osso you got a new follower today, lola the racist bitch.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 10:45 pm
@Val Killmore,
I met Lola close to a decade ago.
I have thought jc trusted me, but maybe not.
I talk too much and worry him to death.

You, on the other hand, are a fool.
Val Killmore

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 10:51 pm
@ossobuco,
Get a death
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 10:54 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
jc, I've always considered you a friend. Still do. But on this one thread and this one issue you're way out of line.

Ditto
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 10:58 pm
@Ticomaya,
This Val Killmore character, on the other hand, is just an asshole.
Val Killmore

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 11:00 pm
@Ticomaya,
That's right. I am absolutely essential.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 11:27 pm
@Lola,
Lolaessense wrote:

Well, he wasn't a Jew. Gay? I don't know. But so what if he was?

Lola, is that you, back here from a few years ago??? Glad to see you back.

Not so happy about the crude vitriol and narrow minded prejudice on this thread from jcboy & Val Killmore. It's entirely unwarranted and, if it wasn't so offensive, would be a source of amusement in the stupidity and stark self-righteous hypocricy in all of it. Evidently neither of them reads well: Merry Andrew described the reality accurately. However it does make it easier to ignore the sources going forward.
Val Killmore

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2013 11:55 pm
@georgeob1,
As a jew I found it insulting. Vitriol, yes, but I'm not prejudicing anyone, as there is a reason behind the vitriol.
If you agree with Merry Andrew and you think it's ok to use racist comments (unwitting or not) as humor , or a play on words, or whatever, that is your prerogative man; but you've got no respect from me anymore.
Ticomaya

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 12:08 am
@Val Killmore,
Val Killmore wrote:
As a jew I found it insulting.

Please explain why you found it insulting when she said he was not a Jew.

Pretend we're all 5 years old and explain WHY what she said was so insulting to you.

Here's what she said, for handy reference:

Lolaessense wrote:
Well, he wasn't a Jew. ...
Lola

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 12:45 am
Hi georgeob and Tico, It's me alright. Wow! Strange controversy. I can hardly comment further on the content. There's really nothing to say in the face of a shortage of logic and reason. But it is good to see all my friends. I've tried to return before, but I couldn't find a way into interesting threads. Our mutual friend Thomas reminded me how to follow friends. So here I am.

Being a bitch does happen to be my specialty, but somehow I think the finer points of that quality are being lost in this discussion. And besides, georgeob, I recall that, once a few years ago, you called me a name far worse than bitch. Laughing......very funny. Remember?

And Osso, you've been very brave here. I take it at least one of these guys is your friend. I'm sorry about it.

Let's move on and don't feed the trolls. It never pays.
Val Killmore

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 01:09 am
@Ticomaya,
Why a five year old?...Anyway what is the difference between yourself and someone who gets a scholarship or benefit because their color? You're Caucasian but remember, when you walk into a room, people like lola see a white man, when a black man walks into a room, they see a black man. Racial profiling has been committed.
The minute that biological traits deemed by society to be socially significant is used as a criteria...for no valid reason (valid reason being statistical surveys or medical or describing a crime scene) as some sort of an estimator of some other unobservable or unknown attribute implicitly stated or withheld by the judgemental racist slum, for example, racism becomes a factor.
The verbiage lola put to say it is just window dressing on racism.
Now I'm not playing a victim here, however I'd like to make it clear that words have meanings relative to the discussion at hand and Lola should have carefully worded whatever she was going to mean without bringing race into the discussion and second of all it was for no valuable purpose.
It's like asking: Jin Nabors was white?
And then someone replying: Well, he wasn't black.
I mean come on is that really necessary? There is no reason to purposely denying another race. What is a valid reason to do this? This subverting **** can easily be seen as using some psychological power structure against another race to show some sort of dominance in some effort to not loose their territory in their selfish pursuit of legal and fair rights for their own race.
Val Killmore

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 01:11 am
@Lola,
The only shortage of logic and reason here is by you. Staying behind the shadows of others and avoiding the grunt of the criticism, all the while taking a serious discussion as trolling. You've got some nerve.
Kolyo

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 01:51 am
@Val Killmore,
Val Killmore wrote:
all the while taking a serious discussion as trolling. You've got some nerve.

Almost no one here takes you seriously, Killjoy. JCB getting out-of-sorts is one thing; you're quite another. You can't troll for 700 posts and then get all self-righteous and moral all of a sudden and expect to be taken seriously.

I think Lola could have said "well, he's not Jewish" rather than "well, he's not a Jew", as the word "Jew" is often used as a pejorative. But it's hardly worth calling her a racist bitch over that.

Hell, your whole motive in attacking her is probably to drive a wedge between valued members of the site--a site you probably resent because you can contribute so little to it.
Kolyo

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 01:54 am
@Val Killmore,
Val Killmore wrote:

avoiding the grunt of the criticism

Haha, yeah, "grunt" is right, buddy.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 02:54 am
@ossobuco,
That's about the time I met Lola and Bernie in person, too. Neither is a racist in any form, by the way.

Glad to see your gorgeous avatar back again, by the way.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:40 am
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
You're Caucasian but remember, when you walk into a room, people like lola see a white man, when a black man walks into a room, they see a black man. Racial profiling has been committed

You noted that Tico is Caucasion, does that make you a racist?

There is a difference in seeing a black man (recognizing and moving on) and seeing he is black and making assumptions regarding his person once noted.

One is simply being aware...which very many of us are, as you kindly pointed out, and then - "racial profiling" to use your wording.

Pointing out that someone is or is not of a certain belief or race is not racist. As a matter of fact - it seems to me making a big deal out of something so simply expressed is only perpetuating the problem of racism and bigotry. People are what they are - and it is okay. Or should be - as long as they are okay with it.

I think celebrating people because of their differences is a happy thing. What a dreary world we would have if we all did the same things and felt the same way about everything. Sure it can be frustrating - even maddening....especially when we feel something is at stake. Our lifestyle, our identity, our beliefs - these things cause us to react passionately. But, part of overcoming racism and bigotry is accepting people are what they are - and finding a way to appreciate them anyway. Because we are all of value, no matter where we come from.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Ragman

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:45 am
Holy horsehit, Batman!

If Gomer thought that this union would have created such a fuss, he would've
eloped and stayed in Mayberry.

You complaining crabby-apples are all upset because you weren't invited to the wedding!

Singing: All those crabby people - where do they all come from?

Seriously if this post happened when it was summer and/or the weather was better where people post from, this thread would be one or 2 pages at most.

Much ado about nothing.
Setanta

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 07:50 am
@mismi,
Where i live, if i see a white man, i say: "Wow, you don't see many of them around here!"
mismi

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2013 08:05 am
@Setanta,
Well that is offensive. Wink The "them" connotes bigotry. Would you kindly state your race sir? Is it dog?
0 Replies