Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2013 10:01 pm
<lag>
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2013 11:27 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
I have no problem with . . . limiting a magazine to 5 rounds

Given your Fascism, it is no surprise that you hate the Constitution.

mysteryman wrote:
I guess what I am saying is that its impossible to have a serious conversation about this subject as long as the extremists on both sides are dominating the discussion.

You are one of those extremists.

But yes. There is nothing to discuss. All that is left to do is to destroy the career of any politician who dares to side with you.
oralloy

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2013 11:29 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
Said another way
"You **** with my rights and Ill really **** with yours"

Not a very adult thesis there O.

Freedom Haters stopped having rights when they started flying passenger jets into skyscrapers.
McTag

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 04:21 am
@oralloy,

Another logical post from alloy-brain.

Here's a question. What's the average sentence for burglary or common assault, or committing robbery with menaces? A few months in prison?

Yet people go around armed, and ready to shoot dead anyone suspected (or threatening) any of these things. And think they have every right to do so.

Proportionate?
BillRM

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 06:57 am
@McTag,
Quote:
committing robbery with menaces? A few months in prison?

In florida pointing a gun at someone to rob them is suppose to have a 15 or 20 years minimum if memory serve me correctly with a minimum of 10 years for just having a weapon on him during a crime of that nature.

In any case anyone who pointed a deadly weapon at me or have a deadly weapon showing in my home is on his or her face an immediate danger to my life and therefore I have every damn right to blow him away.

That go for anyone who had broken into my home with any kind of a weapon or seems likely to have a weapon for that matter.

Being a nice guy I would likely order someone who had broken into my home without a weapon in sight to freeze before I open fired however.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:01 am

Hollywood TV, movies, music and the video game industries must do there part to not
glorify violence and gun violence in particular. Maybe the powers that be in these industries
could glorify the acts of self reliance, self defense, self protection, and individualism.

The news and infotainment industry needs to lead with stories of self reliance, self defense, self protection, and individualism.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:26 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Re: mysteryman (Post 5261028)
Quote:
mysteryman wrote:
I have no problem with . . . limiting a magazine to 5 rounds

Given your Fascism, it is no surprise that you hate the Constitution.

Quote:
mysteryman wrote:
I guess what I am saying is that its impossible to have a serious conversation about this subject as long as the extremists on both sides are dominating the discussion.

You are one of those extremists.

But yes. There is nothing to discuss. All that is left to do is to destroy the career of any politician who dares to side with you.

@ Mysteryman:

Any other advice on how we can have a meaningful, intelligent discussion on this issue if we keep the extremists out of it.?
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
You an MM could excuse yourself from the conversation...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Id say to put Spurt on ignore but he is such a doofus sans self awareness , so he often says really funny things without ever realizing it. Hes precious.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:38 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5261307)
Id say to put Spurt on ignore but he is such a doofus sans self awareness , so he often says really funny things without ever realizing it. Hes precious.

I agree. I don't put people on "ignore" because often their humor value exceeds their "annoyance" cost.

In H2O's case...it is not even close.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:41 am
I have a couple of people on Ignore. The good thing is that Frank and some others quote enough of their blather that I still get a sense of their mental illness without having to wade waistdeep through their pathetic posts.

Joe(so grateful for that)Nation
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:51 am

Liberal democrat mental illness, it's a terrible and progressive disease.

Do the right thing... protect yourself and others from pathetic libtards.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 09:44 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
Here's a question. What's the average sentence for burglary or common assault, or committing robbery with menaces? A few months in prison?

Yet people go around armed, and ready to shoot dead anyone suspected (or threatening) any of these things. And think they have every right to do so.

Proportionate?

I would hope that a sentence for burglary or robbery (especially robbery) would be measured in years.

And no, mere suspicion does not justify self defense. Self defense is for when you are actively being attacked.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 09:59 am
@oralloy,
Quote:

I would hope that a sentence for burglary or robbery (especially robbery) would be measured in years.

And no, mere suspicion does not justify self defense. Self defense is for when you are actively being attacked.

Well...in the Trevon Martin case, it appears as though Trevon Martin thought he was being attacked by Zimmerman...and took defensive measures. He didn't have a gun...so apparently he "took defensive measures" in a physical confrontation.

That in turn was interpreted as requiring a further defensive measure.

If Martin had had a gun...but decided not to use it...and then saw that Zimmerman was going to escalate to a gun confrontation and retaliated by pulling his (Trevon's) gun and killed Zimmerman...

...would that qualify as a defense for Trevon?

And do you see the problems that would cause if everyone had a gun...and interpreted each minor incident that happens in day to day life as a threat?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:50 am
@oralloy,
You are kidding, arent you?
Why is it when I agree with you its a good thing, but when I disagree with your position on anything, I immediately become a fascist and a freedom hater?

It is possible to disagree with you on some things and still agree with your overall position.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 01:30 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
Re: oralloy (Post 5261145)
Why is it when I agree with you its a good thing, but when I disagree with your position on anything, I immediately become a fascist and a freedom hater?

It is possible to disagree with you on some things and still agree with your overall position.

Yup...but only if you are willing to tolerate his bombast if you do the former!
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 01:43 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

The conclusion that you are a Fascist is based on your previous reaction to the notion of civil rights. When you entered this thread, you erupted in a storm of unprovoked name-calling at anyone who dared to defend civil rights, and you proposed that our defense of civil rights meant that we should be denied those same rights.

Anyway, limiting all guns to five rounds would dramatically impair self defense (especially with handguns). Since the Constitution protects our right to carry handguns suitable for self defense, your proposal is unconstitutional.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 02:10 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

mysteryman wrote:

The conclusion that you are a Fascist is based on your previous reaction to the notion of civil rights. When you entered this thread, you erupted in a storm of unprovoked name-calling at anyone who dared to defend civil rights, and you proposed that our defense of civil rights meant that we should be denied those same rights.

Anyway, limiting all guns to five rounds would dramatically impair self defense (especially with handguns). Since the Constitution protects our right to carry handguns suitable for self defense, your proposal is unconstitutional.

Agreed! ... he did come in like a lion and now he's a confused little lamb.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 03:00 pm
@BillRM,
Ill concede having a gun in your home for self defence. How do you justify guns in church and schools for self defence. You want the right too shoot someones ass off for stealing your parking spot or cutting you off in traffic?