Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

oralloy

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:25 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Yeah because farmers store tons of fertilizer that they don't use and wouldn't notice if it was missing. Rolling Eyes

Stealing a truck doesn't change anything. Failure to stop at weigh stations will still get you pulled over.

So, you are suggesting that tons of fertilizer and a rental truck could be stolen and there would be no response by law enforcement? A person would still be able to drive across country to a major metropolitan area without anyone the wiser. Maybe you should stop fondling your gun so much. It seems to be making your brain not work.

Maybe you should stop the childish sniping and realize that security in practice is not nearly as tight as you wish it were.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:27 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
parados wrote:
By the way.... you forgot to mention that the President spoke about those lives and attended a memorial service for them.

He was only trying to gin up support for his plot to do away with our freedom.

Which plot was that oralloy?

The Democrats hate our Constitution and hope to take advantage of this event to pass legislation that would commit grave violations of America's civil rights.

parados wrote:
Are you sure your tin foil hat didn't prevent it from happening?

http://tucsoncitizen.com/hispanic-politico/files/2012/10/tin-foil-hat.jpg

What is it with you freedom haters and your childish sniping? Sheesh!
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:31 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Freedom is in the **** oralloy with silly sods like you going into bat for it.

Watch how the American people react to the Democrats trying to take their freedom away.

spendius wrote:
The idea that you can capture the word and wear it on your chest as a badge of honour is an absurdity.

Could I get that in American English? I have no idea what you just said.
0 Replies

Foofie

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:42 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

typical bullshit obfuscation.

How can you claim "typical"?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:46 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5197883)
Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Hardly hyperbole. The left hates America's freedom even more than Osama bin Laden did. That is why the left is always trying to overthrow our Constitution.

If anyone values their freedom even a little bit, it is vital that they make sure to vote only for Republicans from now on, because if they don't, they are going to wake up one day in a country that no longer has any freedom.

It is difficult for me to figure out if you were just trying to make a joke here or not!

Not. The Democrats are plotting a major assault on our Constitutional liberties. It's going to be a big struggle to save our Constitution from their depredations.

Apparently you are addicted to hyperbole, oralloy.
Foofie

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 09:55 am
@Val Killmore,
Val Killmore wrote:

8,000 people killed with guns each year
42,636 people killed in Auto Accidents
34,598 people killed in Suicides
29,518 people killed by alcohol
39,147 people killed by drug induced incidents
5,000,000 people killed by smoking
300,000 people killed by obesity

However, if you added "20 innocent five and six year olds murdered at close range in cold blood, in their classroom" one might be correct to add, "How very sad, as a reflection of our society." Meaning, it reflects on our society differently than we having a "car culture" that drives around and has auto accidents, for example. This horrific tragedy reflects on our society differently, and in my opinion, might wake us up, as a society, to what we might be giving our children and grandchildren in the way of a society to live in. All cats look grey in the dark, not all deaths; some are sadder than others.
H2O MAN

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:05 am
@tsarstepan,
A few years ago:

Russian Beslan School Shootings in 2004
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:05 am
@firefly,
This is evil unrestricted
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:07 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Here's what happens when people are disarmed, and why I'd rather take my chances with the single
lunatic shootings here and there no matter how many people get killed in the here and there stuff:

Spot on!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:08 am
@Joe Nation,
Joe (wrong as usual) Nation, you are either ignorant or extremely stupid.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:21 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

No. Everything I said is the truth.
Frank Apisa

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:37 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5197964)
Frank Apisa wrote:

See what I mean!!!
spendius

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:49 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
Let each INDIVIDUAL attend to his own interests
and let "civil society" be damned.

That's utterly ridiculous Dave coming from you especially. I don't depend on "civil society" anywhere near as much as you do and I am well aware of how much I depend on it.

Read King Lear. That will give you the sentimental version of "civil society" being damned. I wouldn't be surprised if you adjust the strength of your subdued lighting with a remote control.

Did someone come when you had your fire? That was "civil society". You expressed a desire and an intention to go to Florida. Try it without "civil society" and the beck and call of your dollars.

Wait until early summers is probably sound advice. It's what I would do if I was thinking of making your journey without "civil society" to smooth my path.

Henry Miller has a much funnier version.
H2O MAN

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 10:53 am
@spendius,

An armed society is a polite society.

Be prepared to defend yourself and others from evil.
0 Replies

oralloy

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:08 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

See what I mean!!!

If you see anything I've said that you feel is factually incorrect, you are free to try to challenge those facts.

The absence of any challenge to my facts will of course speak for itself.
RexRed

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:25 am
@tsarstepan,
An interesting monologue.

oralloy

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:35 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:
An interesting monologue.

Text from the page:

"And our Bill of Rights does not guarantee gun manufacturers the absolute right to sell military-style, high-caliber, semi-automatic combat assault rifles with high-capacity magazines to whoever the hell they want."

That kook is lying when he claims to have ever been a supporter of freedom. Only a born Freedom Hater could pack so many outright falsehoods into a single sentence.
parados

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:41 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
Irrelevant. I have irrefutable evidence that it IS unconstitutional.

Thanks Senator McCarthy... Why don't you wave the paper around some more so people will believe you really have it but just won't show it to us.
parados

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:44 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
That kook is lying when he claims to have ever been a supporter of freedom. Only a born Freedom Hater could pack so many outright falsehoods into a single sentence.

More of your factual non-hyperbolic "truths" it seems.
spendius

Mon 17 Dec, 2012 11:52 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
This over the top news coverage is likely setting up other children future deaths as copycats take note of the fame they could have by using an assault rifle to kill kids.

Then there can be even more "over the top news coverage". The Accelerator Principle, on which we have been proceeding since around 1850. Soon after the Luddites were exterminated by executions and transportations and some bad treatment en route.

There's no way the tragedy could have been hushed up. Even the Chinese can't do that these days. We are where we are.

I don't really like to say it but I sometimes get the impression that Media is just lovin' it. We have all seen the undertaker in Westerns trying not to look pleased when there's a shoot out in front of the saloon.

Such a problem is so difficult to solve that it would be a lot easier to make a law like ours with a 3 month amnesty for the guns to all be handed in before they become illegal.

You have your arms sticking out of your shoulders. Bear them.