Another major school shooting today ... Newtown, Conn

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 04:38 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
You're just having fun aren't you H2O??

You know very well that nothing of significance is going to happen any time soon.

Your opponents are disorganised and spouting out in so many different direction that they must be mesmerised by the confusion they are creating.

We still have to go through the motions of defeating the Freedom Haters before they are actually defeated.

And it is still rather outrageous that these freaks are actually calling to violate our rights in the first place.

It will also be necessary to destroy the careers of any rural politician who dares to support these proposed atrocities.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 04:40 pm
Idiocracy

http://lewwaters.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/mossberg-legal-illegal.jpg
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 04:40 pm
Glenn Beck is right, there could be a civil war, and he is also right that the people propagating it will surely lose. Who would ever have thought that christians and the right wing would so openly discuss the hostile take over of our country with arsenals of weapons and machine guns, to the cheers of so many, surely as a society THEY have lost their minds.

0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 04:42 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
That can't be constitutional surely?

Actually it is hard to see how a tank would be a self defense weapon, or something that an individual militiaman would use. Hard to see how it would be covered under an individual right.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 04:46 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Who would want to violate the right of someone with a gun?

You do.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
We will petition for stricter guns laws...and it is our right...

And you will lose. Both in Congress and in the courts.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
No one is going to be dumb enough to violate your rights with guns in your hands...

Your call to violate my rights says otherwise.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
No one has said you can't have them...No one is trying to seize them...No one is trying to intrude on your personal property....

You are calling to do just that.

The courts and the NRA will just not allow you to do it.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 04:48 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Try the Second Amendment. Strict Scrutiny says you have to have a very good reason to pass a law that impacts a right.

The second amendment doesn't negate Congressional power to tax or regulate commerce.

Wrong. The Second Amendment negates any taxes and regulations that conflict with the right to keep and bear arms.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 04:50 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
The person who created this 'poster' should get educated about the 1st Battle of Thermopylae: even Herodotus knew that the 300 Spartans were just part of a about 6,000 men army

I suggest we allow bronze swords for anyone that wants one. The Spartans didn't need guns.

You do not have a good reason to limit weapons to bronze swords, therefore your proposal violates Strict Scrutiny.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 04:59 pm
@oralloy,
Wrong! I never said you can't have them...I am not going to try to seize them...Because I do not want your guns....And I am not stupid enough to try to intrude on someone who has a gun or anyone else...
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:01 pm
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/31723-2/tooloudtooquiet.jpg
parados

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:03 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

Wrong. The Second Amendment negates any taxes and regulations that conflict with the right to keep and bear arms.

Clearly it doesn't since news media can be taxed.
oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:04 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Wrong! I never said you can't have them...

You have repeatedly called for laws that would violate my civil rights.
parados

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:04 pm
@oralloy,
Perhaps you should mention that to the idiotic poster that posted the piece about disarming 300 Spartans.
parados

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:05 pm
@oralloy,
At least one of those guns is already illegal under Federal law.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:07 pm
@oralloy,
Wrong! If the president...And american people want to set laws to petition stricter laws...then they can do it...that is why the Constitution can be amended...Like you said the courts will decide....
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:11 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
WRONG!
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:12 pm
@H2O MAN,
The president can not amend laws?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:12 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Wrong! Neither pistol is illegal under any federal law.

Please tell us what makes you think one is illegal
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:13 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
oralloy wrote:

Clearly it doesn't since news media can be taxed.

Wrong. Any taxes on the media that would be onerous enough to impede Free Speech, will be struck down as unconstitutional (unless they somehow pass muster with Strict Scrutiny).

The same standards also apply to the Second Amendment.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:20 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Perhaps you should mention that to the idiotic poster that posted the piece about disarming 300 Spartans.

Look, I know it frustrates you that you are not allowed to violate our rights, but there is no reason for childish name-calling.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2013 05:20 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Nonsense.