Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 03:15 pm
@Val Killmore,
Ha! That was good Smile Thanks.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 03:25 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
the more goods guys that are armed the better all things consider.

Who's a "good guy"--the next mass murderer, who had absolutely no trouble obtaining his stash of semi-automatic weapons because, under our present lax standards, he seemed like a "good guy"?

I think you did surender your brains when you got your gun permit.

You are as idiotic and crazy as Wayne LaPierre.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nZ0Bz0FwN9s/UNYodIGkRNI/AAAAAAAATeU/IDBz5GezjXI/s1600/NRA%2BGUN%2BNUT%2BMAKES%2BDAILY%2BNEWS%2BCOVER%2BHAH.jpg

http://dawncompk.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/nra-gun-protest-reut-670.jpg?w=670&h=350
BillRM

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 03:29 pm
@reasoning logic,
Let see most shootings done by the police and or legally armed citizens are in error is that what you are reaching for?

Or that bad guys used deadly force on innocents more then being on the receiving end by both the police and legally armed citizens?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 03:40 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

Let see most shootings done by the police and or legally armed citizens are in error is that what you are reaching for?

Yes I do think that it may be the case. Do you have any evidence suggesting otherwise?
When I say this I mean by legal guns even if children got a hold of them or however.
BillRM

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 03:43 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Who's a "good guy"--the next mass murderer, who had absolutely no trouble obtaining his stash of semi-automatic weapons because, under our present lax standards, he seemed like a "good guy"?

The 99.99999999 percents of the now legally armed citizens with 300 millions plus guns in their hands including five to ten millions "fearsome" assaults rifles.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 03:49 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
When I say this I mean by legal guns even if children got a hold of them or however. .

I am sorry I am not tracking in what you are driving at. .........help
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 03:59 pm
@firefly,
Who is a "good guy?"

That's pretty easy to answer and it certainly won't be the next person to slaughter a crowd.

Why is it "crazy" to say that "good guys" with guns is a good thing.

Because Wayne Pierre said it?

I'm getting the sense that you believe anyone with a gun can't be a "good guy."

Why not? Guns corrupt?

"Good guys" would never arms themselves, let alone use weapons?

If you didn't watch that old TV show "Kung Fu" you should try and find it. You would love Cain, the Shaolin priest who roams the Wild West defeating armed "bad guys" with only his incredible slow motion martial arts.

Now that's a "good guy!" Except I think he had to flee to America because he threw a spear through the Emperor's nephew for cutting down his blind master.

But, at least he didn't mow the cruel and arrogant bastard down with an assault rifle.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:05 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Who is a "good guy?"

That's an excellent question.

Let's take, as an example, George Zimmerman. A "good guy", a "law and order guy" with a gun, who nevertheless ended up shooting an unarmed teenager returning home from the store.

I have zero doubt that had Zimmerman not been carrying a gun, that both he and Trayvon Martin would have lived through that night.

"Good guys" are good right up to the point where they step on their dicks, and then they're just assholes who should never have been within arms length of a loaded weapon.

Edit: And let us know when you reach adulthood, and stop using television shows to illustrate your points. You've really just shown yourself to be too much of an idiot to partake in a meaningful conversation.
spendius

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:06 pm
Quote:
In summary, Central Hudson Gas and Electric (1980) requires the use of a “balancing”test to examine censorship of commercial speech. The test weighs the government’s obligations toward freedom of expression with its interest in limiting the content of some advertisements.

Are there gun adverts on TV?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:14 pm
@DrewDad,
Quote:
I have zero doubt that had Zimmerman not been carrying a gun, that both he and Trayvon Martin would have lived through that night.

Sorry the likely outcome would had been either Zimmerman dead or in an IU unit for weeks and perhaps crippled for life.

Of course if that was the outcome none of us would had hear of the case.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:21 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Sorry the likely outcome would had been either Zimmerman dead or in an IU unit for weeks and perhaps crippled for life.

Why, would he have been beaten by the the police after he wasted their time?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:26 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Edit: And let us know when you reach adulthood, and stop using television shows to illustrate your points. You've really just shown yourself to be too much of an idiot to partake in a meaningful conversation.

Says the clown who uses Mr. Spock as his avatar.

I couldn't have asked for a better retort from you.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:27 pm
@BillRM,
Look bill this is not an American problem but a human problem.

Not everyone who has access to a gun should be allowed to. You do agree that you have many of these type of thinkers in your own community don't you?

Watch from 3 minutes on.

spendius

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Who is a "good guy?"

I think some existentialists might say it is anybody who lacks the nerve to be a bad guy. Men who seduce other men's wives, or think they do I should say, are bad guys to those men who daren't seduce other men's wives. They are obviously good guys to the other men's wives. You can't argue with that Finn.

Maybe owning guns is a sort of catharsis which prevents some bad guys, (see the Doctrine of Original Sin), most bad guys, who are pretending to be good guys because they haven't the nerve to be bad guys, from tipping over into to their natural Darwinian state. (See Woe in History--It's in all the best libraries.)

If such a speculation has any validity then the ban on advertising guns was ill-considered and Central Hudson Gas and Electric (1980) should be appealed in the matter of such items.

Bearing in mind how many old codgers are getting 30 years of pensions and moaning and whinging practice it might be worth considering tobacco as well.

DrewDad

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 04:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The best comeback you can find is to attack my avatar?

That's not a response; that's just something for you to fling while fleeing the proverbial battle of wits.
firefly

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 05:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

No, if he hadn't had his gun he probably wouldn't have followed the kid--who wasn't doing anything to bother him or anyone else--and when the police showed up, both Zimmerman and Martin would both have been alive and uninjured.

Guns make people like Zimmerman feel empowered, so they do dumb things, like not sitting tight in their vehicle and just waiting for the police to show up. Even if Zimmerman had actually seen a burglary in progress, which he did not, he still should have stayed in his car and waited for the cops.

That's the problem with suggesting that people get armed so they can take the law into their own hands--not everyone carrying a gun has good judgment.

Like the son of the president of the NRA, who fired at another moving car in an act of road rage--and got 10 years in prison for doing that.

http://dcmartin.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/2nd-amendment-what.png?w=560

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 05:42 pm
@reasoning logic,
The video is 45 minutes long!

What's your point?

Surely you can express youself through words sometimes.

Oh all these Backwoods Baffoons are so funny!

Having lived in both the South and the North, I can tell you that no region has a monopoly on idiocy...especially when it comes to young people.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 05:43 pm
@DrewDad,
Oh please you tool.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 05:48 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
The video is 45 minutes long!

What's your point?

Surely you can express youself through words sometimes.

Sure I can but if a single picture frame can say a thousand words how can I compete against a video that I shared and asked you to watch from 3 minutes on which would have only been a couple of minutes of gun firing?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2012 05:50 pm
@spendius,
La da dee, la da daa.

We don't need to go all Sartre to separate the Good Guys from the Bad Guys.

Good Guys are seldom pristine Galahads. Sometimes they bang the other guy's wife because he's a twit who hasn't satisifed her in ages.

When a lunatic forces his way into an elementary school intent upon death and mayhem, it's easy to identify the Good Guys from the Bad Guy, and in such a case the kids will be well served if the Good Guy is packing.