Tucson is DEFINITELY in the keeper part of Arizona. Phoenix, meh, strangest big city I've ever spent time in. The whole damned thing is outskirts from one side to the other, never seems to dense up like a real city, they seem to have as their goal in urban life to build one mall per person.
Mesquite, one of my best friends lives in the caca part.
He and wife have like mind, as I take it. (Not to speak for her)
What do you suggest?
I've been in Phoenix three times, always a visitor.
1) wedding of one of the Smart Ass Group, she rented an ok motel for all of us.
2) visiting a friend doing graduate stuff in public health, or maybe it was past that, guessing an internship, she, already an artist, pointed us to this and that.
3) well, when I sped through on my way to Abq and couldn't find a turnoff early morning to find a diner. . . .
4) this resulted in my rare tasting of a krispy kreme at some odd spot gas station out of town.
That gas station was x feet from a ******* Cracker Barrel that was closed.
(I have anti Cracker Barrel thoughts, but not for the situation described)
edit, bad, me saying it was f;ing.
That prickly pear grows everywhere there's poor soil, doesn't it.
It's one of the major marker plants. Kind of like greasewood. Expanses of greasewood indicate major flooding somewhere around every twenty years or less, and it doesn't have to be within miles of a streambed.
I grew opuntia myself. Of course it grows in poor soil.
I'm unpopular on the garden threads as I'm pretty much not for changing the soil, except for, say, raised beds or prescribed areas.
Glad I didn't go into golf course design.
Amongst our have nots are the likes of Russell Pearce, Jan Brewer, Joe Arpaio, Tom Horne...
Edit: Nothing much to be jealous of.
Yeah, well, except those 4 buffoons and jackasses.
Baja Arizona for Mexico, mebbe.
But Phoenix, never!
You can keep Arpaio.
All I, as every other Mexican, know is that Maricopa County is the BAD PART.
Yeah, and we got that old fool another 4 f'ing years. During his victory speech, he stated he wanted to work on improving his relationship with the Latin community. Yeah, right.
Arpaio and Brewer have made a case for Arizona as a racist driven state, Tico.
No wonder that the Hispanic democratic vote in that state went from 56% to 77%.
1) Just in passing~ Livestock don't eat corn unless they are starving for ANYTHING to eat.
2) Tucson goes to...... New Mexico. California doesn't deserve it.
3) Atlanta should be proclaimed an Emancipated City. We will fly in all the supplies they need until the State of Georgia fully collapses.
Joe(should be about August of 2014)Nation
Quit with the cherry picking already!
I don't think those of you fighting over Tucson have ever been to Tucson. If you had, it's unlikely you would be fighting over Tucson.
I've been to Tucson and to Phoenix as well as spots in-between and on either side.
Anyone who wants any of that area can have it. blechhhh
We have to cherry pick while there are still cherries to pick.
Joe(who wants Kansas? Anybody? Mexico? Canada? Anybody?)Nation
I like Tuscon. Don't exactly love
it but it's ok. Never visited Phoenix.
I think while we are reapportioning things, y'all should make things right with the native americans.
we'd accept a stripe from the dakotas right down the middle. you keep Texas or sell it to mexico, we don't want it.
and you can still come visit us when you want to gamble or buy cigarettes...
You want to occupy The NAFTA Highway?
By the way, I already trade wampum for tobacco on the Sandia Rez and don't have to leave the state to do it.