What States or Portions Thereof of The USA should be told to GET OUT!

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 11:54 am
@IRFRANK,
It must have been the old one. It's been awhile.

Leave on Tuesday at 4AM....drive until 10PM with stops for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Best distance record: 1000 miles flat.

Next day all the way....start at 4am and drive until breakfast or three hundred miles. Then go....drive in the driveway in time for a late supper.
(Unless there was snow as there was twice.)

Look kids, I'd say as we crossed the Connecticut River at Hartford, we're going over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house, we go.

I was just trying to remember the last time I drove like a maniac for those 1500 miles (in two days) to get 'home' (for two days) in order to have some turkey and a photo op.
Let's see.....
Joe( How long ago was 1985?)Nation

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 11:57 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Not so quick, Grasshopper. From Wikipedia:

Quote:
After the English defeated the French in Acadia in the 1740s, the territory from the Penobscot River east fell under the nominal authority of the Province of Nova Scotia, and together with present-day New Brunswick formed the Nova Scotia county of Sunbury, with its court of general sessions at Campobello. American and British forces contended for Maine's territory during the American Revolution and the War of 1812, and British forces occupied eastern Maine in both conflicts. The treaty concluding revolution was ambiguous about Maine's boundary with British North America. The territory of Maine was confirmed as part of Massachusetts when the United States was formed, although the final border with British territory was not established until the Webster-Ashburton Treaty of 1842.

Maine was physically separate from the rest of Massachusetts. Long-standing disagreements over land speculation and settlements led to Maine residents and their allies in Massachusetts proper forcing an 1807 vote in the Massachusetts Assembly on permitting Maine to secede; the vote failed. Secessionist sentiment in Maine was stoked during the War of 1812 when Massachusetts pro-British merchants opposed the war and refused to defend Maine from British invaders. In 1819, Massachusetts agreed to permit secession if voters in Maine approved. Due to these considerations and rapid population growth, in 1820 Maine voted to secede from Massachusetts. The secession and formation of the state of Maine as the 23rd state occurred on March 15, 1820 as part of the Missouri Compromise, which geographically limited the spread of slavery and enabled the admission to statehood of Missouri the following year, keeping a balance between slave and free states.

You'll note that above, i said Article IV, Section Three, first paragraph in part reads . . .

Well, this is the etnire paragraph:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

(once again, emphasis has obviously been added)

The Commonwealth of Virginia did not consent to the secession of its western counties, and, in fact, dispatched troops in an attempt to retake the territory. That's were McClellan got his (undeserved) reputation as a military commander, and that's where Lee got his initial nickname of "Granny"Lee.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 01:45 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Texas could be split into four pieces.

Then we could deny each and everyone of them entry into the USA.

Joe(and we want all our space stuff in Houston.)Nation

We're going to move Austin (the good parts) to just outside of Nashville.

Hey Joe, while you are carving out the good parts of the states, don't forget about Baja Arizona. We can let fbaezer have Alta Arizona.
http://www.bandersnatch.com/az.gif
mes(we're as blue as Austin)quite
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 01:52 pm
@Thomas,
This looks about right.

Sign me up

I hope the citizens of the USC like vegetables because the cost of beef, pork and chickens is going to climb through the roof for you.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:13 pm
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:
Hey Joe, while you are carving out the good parts of the states, don't forget about Baja Arizona. We can let fbaezer have Alta Arizona.

Tucson in the "good part"?!

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9194/spitc.gif
ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:16 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
I hope the citizens of the USC like vegetables because the cost of beef, pork and chickens is going to climb through the roof for you.

ooops

you forgot that the top part of the USC currently sends a lot of protein to the other part of the continent north of Mexico

we're already suppliers of beef/pork (esp. pork) and chicken
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:17 pm
@ehBeth,
Where do you get your corn to feed your livestock?
Setanta

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:18 pm
Sheesh . . . duh, Canada . . . they grow tobacco up here, too, Bubba . . .
roger

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:24 pm
@Joe Nation,
Oh, keep the states. Washington gets the boot. D.C., that is.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Canada Corn Imports by year

Canada Corn EXPORTS by year
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:53 pm
@mesquite,
I didn't know that. My old colleague/pal is surely still a blue-ie. Maybe that's why she picked the Tucson area. Think of it, she won't need rescuing if Baja Arizona gets allowed into US of C..

I'm wondering about Mexico. I hear from one of our posters that Mexico City is on the blue side of matters, and the US of C could use their great food, plus the people, at least that I know. Maybe we can flip them to our team. But I get Baez's point re some of us fitting there too. I'd require a few alterations re the drug lords pimping drugs to the north, midst a lot of slaughter - both re them and our policies, but I've no easy answers.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Where do you get your corn to feed your livestock?

uhhhh Canada
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:58 pm
@mesquite,
fbaezer has already said he wants no part of the seguaro and sand-dunes state. Politics aside, we should keep a portion of the Alta part just for its natural beauty -- Grand Canyon, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest etc. etc.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 02:59 pm
@Setanta,
and cacti

we grow cacti up here somewhere west of here
ossobuco

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 03:10 pm
@ossobuco,
On the plus side, Mexico City doesn't go starting wars all over the place.
On the neg, I probably wouldn't be alive for long in what I've read of the Mexico jails.
On the other hand..
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 03:30 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
There was a comment on that page that I linked to.
Quote:
Enjoyed your frumious bandersnatch! But the map of Arizona showing only Alta and Baja is incomplete--it is common knowledge that the upper third, centered in Flagstaff, is Alta Arizona; the lower third, centered in Tucson, is Baja Arizona; and the middle third, centered in Phoenix, is Caca Arizona. Simple as ABC.----from D.D. Patton
Thomas

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 03:57 pm
@ehBeth,
True. The real argument against Canada is that its red wines taste peppery.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 04:08 pm
@mesquite,
mesquite wrote:
There was a comment on that page that I linked to.
Quote:
Enjoyed your frumious bandersnatch! But the map of Arizona showing only Alta and Baja is incomplete--it is common knowledge that the upper third, centered in Flagstaff, is Alta Arizona; the lower third, centered in Tucson, is Baja Arizona; and the middle third, centered in Phoenix, is Caca Arizona. Simple as ABC.----from D.D. Patton

The have-nots are notoriously jealous of Phoenicians.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 04:28 pm
@Thomas,
hahahaha

says the man who helped two women polish off 4 or 5 bottles of peppery red wine
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2012 04:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
Amongst our have nots are the likes of Russell Pearce, Jan Brewer, Joe Arpaio, Tom Horne...

Edit: Nothing much to be jealous of.