What States or Portions Thereof of The USA should be told to GET OUT!

Ceili

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 08:17 pm
@Rockhead,
He didn't insult half the population, only a mere 47%.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 08:20 pm
I guess this one has cooked.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 09:27 pm
I think my next door neighbors should be told to get out. Once they are gone, I would be happy to free the concrete blocks they are currently using in place of wheels
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2012 09:50 pm
@parados,
Replace them with Goodyear's best, and you'll be one happy dude! Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 07:15 am
Back to the real business of this thread: figuring out our fantasies of how the USA could be made free. Remember, the conservatives of this nation WANT to rid of us Liberals as much as we don't want them anywhere near our beach blankets or picnic tables.

Okay, so, North Dakota and South Dakota phhhhfffttt one fricking State, just two Senators for that bunch of windblown cattle punchers and, my math could be off on this, they might lose on US Representative. The Congressional Districts would be larger than Rhode Island.

Speaking of Rhode Island (plantations thereof) (you explain that to them Setanta, if anyone asks.), really, they get two Senators? For a bunch of overpriced and aged beachhomes and acres of cranberry bogs? Nope, no more.
Rhode Island is hereby latched to Block Island, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket and all of Cape Cod and whatever part of Massachusetts is South of the same latitude as the Northern border of the former Rhode Island.
Here's a map:
http://pepperspraycenter.com/blog/media/1/20090727-massachusetts_map.gif

The crybabies will probably just want to keep the county lines as the border,
that's okay by me, as long as Plymouth is included.
I want to make the whole thing into a National Park of Maritime History, Aquaculture and Eighteenth Century Culinary Arts. We'll teach people about whaling, sailing and how to actually make Clam Chowder without any fricking tomatoes.

Later today, I want everybodies' ideas about what to do with Indiana, that thumb in the eye of all the other, more rational, Northern Border States. Hint: it's called Indiana because of whose it was before all those pig farmers and race car drivers (who only really own fast pick-ups) moved in and completely ruined the only State in the USA with a town named French Lick.

Joe(I want to see a photo of that High School's cheerleadering squad)Nation
farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:02 am
@Joe Nation,
Rhode ISland wa a nice mediator between the various severe sects on NEw England. Id hate to see it go.

NOw DELAWARE, on the other hand , was originally "The Lower 3 Counties of PA"
Theywere a snivelling slave state that we left stay in the Union and they rwally didnt produce anything but business franchise taxes and a bunch of inbred Duponts who have a collective IQ of less than 100
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:03 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
I want to make the whole thing into a National Park of Maritime History, Aquaculture and Eighteenth Century Culinary Arts. We'll teach people about whaling, sailing and how to actually make Clam Chowder without any fricking tomatoes

I believe thats why we have Maine and NEw Brunswick
farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 08:06 am
@farmerman,
I think we should dress up like pirates and drive up to LonGILAND an cut the mooring ropes and jut let it drift away. The people up there are such a buncha whiners .
Id only allow unfettered access to Benny's of Great Neck
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 05:26 pm
@farmerman,
That's a good idea. I don't know why you would want to divest your new nation of so much tax revenue but they sure as hell won't want to join anyplace that doesn't include NYC. I grew up there when being an Islander was something the denizens were proud of. Now they all want to be thought of as New Yawkers, as in citizens of NYC. They have even adopted an accent that is more New Yawk then they talk in The City.

Still there's money out there that you'll need to support all of your programs.
parados

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 07:53 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
All those programs that the red states suck on? I guess you just don't get that part.
JTT

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 09:03 pm
@roger,
Quote:
our Manifest Destiny

You mean Manifest Thievery, Roger, and you even brag about it.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 09:19 pm
@JTT,
You really don't understand irony, do you, J? Roger was referring to what was known as our Manifest Destiny -- from Sea to Shining Sea Rolling Eyes -- in the 19th century when we stole all that land from our southern neighbor, Mexico, after a war that was so one-sided it was a joke. I see nothing in Roger's post that would indicate he is "bragging" about something which he chooses to label as the jingoists labelled it back then. Why are you always ready to pick a fight, even with people who do not wish to offend you?
JTT

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 09:41 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I may well have missed the irony, but that doesn't negate that it was Manifest Thievery, Merry.

And it didn't stop there. It goes on to this day.
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 09:48 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

I may well have missed the irony, but that doesn't negate that it was Manifest Thievery, Merry.

And it didn't stop there. It goes on to this day.

No argument there. I just don't see the point of wasting my breath (or online time or whatever) over an historical fact that, at this late date, is interesting to discuss in a history class kind of context but certainly makes no sense getting worked up over. The people involved in that land-taking are all dead. The fact that California, Nevada, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado (did I leave anyone out?) were all more or less stolen from Mexico may be morally questionable but it is a fait accompli and not anything worth losing one's sleep over. Your moral outrage ain't gonna change one jot or tittle of history, JTT.

The moving finger writes,
And, having writ, moves on.
Not all your piety nor wit
Can cancel out a line,
Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

The Rubayat of Omar Khayyam
(quoted from memory so don't jump on me if I got a word wrong somewhere)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 10:15 pm
@parados,
So you not going to allow the 47% who now reside in the Red States to emmigrate to the Blue Utopia? Don't tell me they will be <<<gasp>>> Illegal Immigrants!
Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 10:25 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think while you are expelling folks from jesusland, finny, you will be appalled to find out just how many poor rural white folks are still sucking on your stingy government teats.

but with all that extra corn, you'll have no problem feeding them...
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 10:30 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
You do realize that the Spanish that conquered Mexico and all the now American states that were then a part of it, were, themselves, grand imperialists and stole the land of many different Indian tribes. When the US stole the land of Mexico, the Spanish/Mexicans were hardly in the process of giving the land back to the Indians, or treating them very well either.

It's hard to find sympathy for one set of imperialists when another steals the land they themselves stole.

For that matter a number of the larger Indian peoples residing in North, Central and South America were imperialists too. Sort of why they are known as the Aztec, Incan and Mayan Empires.

The notion that Mexicans have some sort of historical right to the Southwest and California is pretty amusing.

If JTT didn't have such tunnel vision when it came to American imperialism and was able to spread his disdain around a bit more evenly, his screeds might not be seen as so fanatical.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 10:34 pm
@Rockhead,
Not if the teat isn't available they won't.

And with the surplus of compassion existing in the Blue States, I'm sure you'll welcome the rural poor from Jesusland...even if they have a clinging affection for guns and religion, and are missing a few teeth.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 10:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
you will have a minimum income level for jesusland?

how corporate of you...

(them religious folks without their teeth are part of your political base, sweetie)
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2012 10:41 pm
@Rockhead,
A minimum income level won't be necessary, just a job.

There won't be much of a need for political bases in either land.
0 Replies