How Many White People Will Vote for Romney Because He's White?

Foofie

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 07:31 pm
I would guess that if Obama loses, many of those that before the election claimed that many white voters would be racist in their voting preference, will then claim that racism had nothing to do with Obama's defeat. Why? Simple, since if the belief is added to the popular culture that a Black man cannot win two terms in the Presidency, due to racism, then the Democratic party might not take the chance on another Black candidate for a fairly long time. See? Hoisted on one's own petard, I think the saying goes?
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 07:42 pm
@Foofie,

You are forgetting the possibility that Americans may actually hold
Obama accountable for being the terrible president he has been.

It could be just that simple and easy to put this mistake behind us.
Foofie

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 07:48 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You are forgetting the possibility that Americans may actually hold
Obama accountable for being the terrible president he has been.

It could be just that simple and easy to put this mistake behind us.

The popular culture gives many people their understanding of how the country works, society works, the economy works, etc., etc. And, those same people each have one vote. The Democratic party, in my opinion, might just decide that diversity is not a good bet in elections in the near future. The old elections of a WASP versus a WASP eliminates these concerns. Just my opinion.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 08:07 pm
@snood,

So long as Americans vote for Romney in numbers sufficient enough to ensure a Romney/Ryan
victory I could really care less what an individuals reasons are for casting their vote for Romney.

Momentum: Romney Increases Lead In National, Swing State Poll
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 08:16 pm
Well, my step daughters boyfriend mentioned today that he hopes obama loses. He is squarely in the 47 0/0 Mitt was talking about. He lives on food stamps and disability cheks. I have yet to understand why he is disabled. I can only see one reason for his resentment of the president. I don't think he knows what he is wishing for.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 08:52 pm
@IRFRANK,
IRFRANK wrote:

Well, my step daughters boyfriend mentioned today that he hopes obama loses.

That's outstanding!
roger

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 09:37 pm
@Foofie,
I suspect you are very right.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2012 09:56 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Ceili wrote:

It's shocking as a guest to hear in your country, it must take a lead ear to ignore it at home.

... however, if we ever had to buy a loaf of bread with a wheelbarrow full of Deutchmarks (oh, I meant dollars), there could be a lot of scapegoating going on, in my opinion.

Yes, and Obamanomics combined with ObamaCare is bringing that scenario closer to being a reality here in the US.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 12:32 pm
Ever since Obama was sworn in the ultra-right has tried to paint him a non-citizen, aguy trying to pretend he isn't still (sic)Muslin, Can't act like a real American and lately John Sununu saying it was nice that Colin Paul could endorse a President who was a brother non-white.
You have to ignore those idiots and start researching for yourself. Obama was the first President to take on the Somali pirates and win, he got Osama Bin Ladin (which is huge) denied Al Queida a shrine, and was willing to piss off Paksitan to boot. Obama is a man with strong priciples and an iron will. There are four votes for Obama from our house and Son's house. And yes, we are all white and the oldest glitterbags grew up during the freedom rides and lived thru scary times.
I want Obama back in the White House to finish what he began and overcome the ridiculous behavior of the Republicans in the house. This time, there will be no adult type persuation offered.
Am I the only one who remembered Boener & McConnell couldn't meet with the President because they had scheduling conflicts??????? I was shocked by the intentional snub, I have never seen that happen before, and mmmmmmmmmmm, I wonder why that happened.
Bottom line is Many Many white people will vote for Obama because they believe he is the best man for the job.
Many whites believe a vote for Romney/Ryan will elevate women to livestock with no rights regarding her body. It will also mean deregulation for all those folks who made millions/billions while wiping out pension funds and home values.

Colin Powell is an accomplished man admired by the intell community, John Sununu is neither, but would make a great scary looking muppet.
Romney is a closer who will tell you whatever it takes to get your vote. I honestly don't know what he believes in other than sheltering his money in off shore accounts to avoid paying taxes. Romneys position paper reads take one from column one and one from column two. His idea of looking for talented female executives? Go to womens orgs and have them compile a binder full of women who might someday be as competent as the bright shiny males for Romney.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 02:16 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

How Many White People Will Vote for Romney Because He's White?

No American will vote for Romney just
because they like the color of his skin.

Sadly there are some Americans that will vote for the
incumbent for no other reason than the color of his skin.
Miller

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 02:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
People will vote for Mitt because it would be very nice to have a handsome, cleancut Mormon with good hair, in the White House.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 02:39 pm
@Miller,
Maybe so, but not just because he's white...

Speaking of women, the war against women was started and won by Obama.

We all wanted Hillary to win the nomination, but Obama waged war against her and won.

Obama's war against women continues today.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 05:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
Putting yourself in his corner is not attractive.
IRFRANK

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 05:38 pm
@glitterbag,
Agreed
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2012 05:55 pm
@IRFRANK,
Explain your thought process here
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2012 05:24 pm
The narrative that the Left is constructing because of their fear that Obama will lose:

A) If he does lose it will be because of racism
B) If he does lose it will be because of Republicans stealing the election through voter suppression.

Should Obama win, we will hear nothing about these two issues and everything about how his re-election proves that White America has given up it's disgraceful addiction to racism.

Should he lose there will be rioting in the streets.

Yes, I know that predicting rioting in the streets is racist. What, by a conservative, isn't?
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 11:12 am
@H2O MAN,
My daughters boy friend, hereafter known as DBF, simply doesn't like Obama because he is black (Obama, not the DBF). He has no other knowledge on the matter. I don't know what his views are on the economy. He doesn't participate much in the economy, except for spending his disablity check and paying bail when he gets arrested, usually with daughter's money. He is one of the 47% that Romney was talking about that expects the rest of us to provide his support. The ones that Romney thought would only vote for Obama. Romney is wrong, he gets this DBFs vote simply because he is white (both Romney and the DBF). I have no doubt that DBF is not voting in his own best interest, although his actions are usually not in his own best interest anyway. You can tell I don't have much regard for this bum, and I base that on his actions, not my prejudice.
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 11:14 am
The tidal wave of anti-debt, anti-big-government voters that swamped Democrats in the 2010 congressional elections is readying itself again, poised to sweep Mitt Romney into the Oval Office, some political observers say.

“It’s very, very likely,” veteran Republican campaign pollster John McLaughlin said, predicting a Romney tsunami Tuesday.

“Romney has surged in all the target states,” Mr. McLaughlin said. “The undecided vote is not really undecided. They overwhelmingly disapprove of the job the president has done and will largely vote against the incumbent. It’s a hidden vote that will vote against the president.”

His prediction flies in the face of most polling, which shows a tight national race between Mr. Romney and President Obama, and state polls that show Mr. Obama leading in most battlegrounds. The only poll that shows Mr. Romney clearly winning is the respected Gallup national tracking poll of likely voters, which gives the Republican nominee a 5 percentage-point advantage.

Gallup also correctly predicted the 2010 wave that powered the GOP to capture more than five dozen seats in the House — based in large part on a swell of intensity for Republicans.

Just ahead of Election Day that year, Gallup predicted: “The 2010 elections could be historic from the standpoint of producing unusually large Republican gains in Congress. But the elections are already historic for a midterm election in the levels of enthusiasm Americans, and particularly, Republicans, have for voting this year.”

Mr. McLaughlin, the GOP pollster, said he sees that same enthusiasm for Republicans boiling beneath pollsters’ sights this year — and so do some leaders of the tea party, which harnessed voters’ resentment against spending and government expansion.

“Not only is the coming wave taking place at the federal level, but the untold story is taking place at the state and local level, which will have massive political implications for decades to come,” said National Tea Party Patriots co-founder and former national coordinator Mark Meckler, who is predicting a Romney win by 6 percentage points. “That wave is already in motion and cannot be reversed.”

Toby Marie Walker, a tea party coordinator in Waco, Texas, said she sees the same momentum, which she said will deliver more Senate seats to the GOP than pollsters suggest, and will give Mr. Romney 54 percent of the national vote.

“I’m doing lot of phone calls talking to independents in other states,” said Ms. Walker. “I’ve seen a shift in the past 30 days, going from an even split to 60 [percent] to 70 percent saying they have no confidence in Obama. That’s not what I’m hearing from pollsters and pundits but from real people.”

Not all anti-debt rebels are drinking that tea, though.

Alaska tea partyer David Eastman waved off the prospects of a Romney tsunami, saying small-government voters don’t have much enthusiasm for Mr. Romney.

“For my own part, anti-big-government voters do not seem overly enthused by a Romney campaign that is anti-big government only insofar as it is contrasted with the excesses of the present administration,” he said.

Republican pollster Whit Ayres said he sees little evidence of a congressional wave this time because his polling shows an even split between Democrats and Republicans on the generic ballot, which asks voters whether they will be backing a Republican or a Democrat for Congress this year.

“Nevertheless, in the presidential race, independents who had voted by an 8-point margin for Obama are now voting against Obama by double digits,” Mr. Ayres said. “We saw this trend coming literally 18 months ahead of the 2012 election.”

Nate Silver, who wrote the FiveThirtyEight blog at The New York Times, said the election is moving in Mr. Obama’s direction. He said there is a 77 percent chance Mr. Obama wins, and his current forecast gives Mr. Obama nearly 300 electoral votes, up 10 from a week ago.

Mr. Silver’s data-driven approach to election predictions has won rave reviews from politicos. He said if Gallup is right and Mr. Romney’s lead is that big, then the Republican is a “virtual lock” to win Tuesday. But if the state polls, which generally give Mr. Obama leads in the key states, are correct, then the president will survive.

In his Wednesday post, Mr. Silver said: “Just about every method for evaluating the election based on state polls seems to hint at a very slight lead in the popular vote, as well as an Electoral College victory, for President Obama.”

Mr. McLaughlin, however, said the backlash against Mr. Obama from Hurricane Sandy is overriding all that.

“Those without power who are cutting down trees in the Northeast and are very upset post-hurricane — if they lack power through Election Day, they will not be kind to the incumbent president or his party,” he said.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 11:15 am
@IRFRANK,
That DBF and Obama need to be fired and replaced.
IRFRANK

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 05:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
I thought you were in his corner.