How Many White People Will Vote for Romney Because He's White?

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 07:02 pm
@IRFRANK,
Hell no!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:02 pm
I had to post this - it's a comment one poster made about that article in my last post:

"It seems to be being overlooked, but Romney has been "Jeep moving to China" crazy all along. What the hell will his supporters be voting for? Do they even have a clue? Where does the man stand on anything other than his religion? Is Mitt's strongest selling point his melanin deficiency?"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 08:12 pm
@IRFRANK,
Was that a hard post to write, IRF? Not to presume, maybe not.
Thanks for writing it.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 09:22 pm
@snood,
Quote:
He may as well be Elmer Fudd as far as [Republicans] are concerned….

That is the most slanderous thing I've ever heard.
JTT

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 09:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
The New York Post Laughing

Did Romney appear topless?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2012 11:01 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
He may as well be Elmer Fudd as far as [Republicans] are concerned….

That is the most slanderous thing I've ever heard.

Ooh, aren't we delicate!

If that's "the most slanderous thing you've ever heard" (I think you're just being dramatic), then you need to get out more. By the way, they weren't my words anyway. I was directly quoting Rush Limbaugh:

"It's not about them. I hate to tell you this. I mentioned this on the air some time ago. Romney, the best thing he can do is remember this election isn't about him. He may as well be Elmer Fudd as far as we're concerned. We're voting against Obama. I don't care who they put on the ticket, we're voting against Obama. "

http://www.examiner.com/article/limbaugh-we-are-voting-against-obama-romney-could-be-elmer-fudd
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 02:31 am
@snood,
Quote:
Ooh, aren't we delicate!

If that's "the most slanderous thing you've ever heard" (I think you're just being dramatic), then you need to get out more. By the way, they weren't my words anyway. I was directly quoting Rush Limbaugh:

There's that 'we' singular thing, Frank A, Roberta. See how English works.

It clearly was Elmer Fudd that was being slandered. I didn't think I needed a sarcasm emoticon for that, Snood.
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 02:56 am
@jcboy,
Quote:
the bloviating ignoramus John Sununu!

He's in deep Sununu.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 05:25 am
@JTT,
My bad. I blew that - completely missed the joke. Sorry.
Below viewing threshold (view)
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 07:55 am

How Many Black People Will Vote for Romney Because He's White?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 12:04 pm
A white person who says a black person only votes for black candidates because they are black is an obvious racist who only votes for white candidates but they are too stupid to see it!

Bill O’Reilly: Colin Powell Cut Obama ‘A Little More Slack’ Because They Are Both Black

Quote:
Last week, Romney campaign co-chair John Sununu suggested that former Secretary of State and retired General Colin Powell endorsed President Obama because both men are African-Americans, and not because the deeply accomplished former cabinet secretary calmly evaluated Obama’s performance and deemed it worthy of reelection. Last night, Fox News host Bill O’Reilly made a very similar claim in a conversation with Fox’s Arthel Neville:
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 12:14 pm
@jcboy,
A black person who says a white person only votes for white candidates because they are white is an obvious racist who only votes for black candidates but they are too stupid to see it!
Keith424

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 12:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
Are you for real or one of those bots?
jcboy

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 12:19 pm
@Keith424,
Keith424 wrote:

Are you for real or one of those bots?

Ding Bot? Cool
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 12:34 pm
@jcboy,
That's racists!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 01:13 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
Bill O’Reilly: Colin Powell Cut Obama ‘A Little More Slack’ Because They Are Both Black

How much slack has O'Reilly cut the biggest war criminals on the planet? Really, what is it about Americans that makes them unable to see how hypocritical they are?
JTT

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 01:17 pm
@snood,
This is a really really good question, Snood, that never occurred to me. For well over a century, people voted white precisely because the politician was white, people voted male precisely because they didn't want females.

Why is this raised now as being a "bad" thing? I would vote Native American, Black, Asian, ... just because they aren't white.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 01:18 pm
@JTT,
i wonder if George Bush and his cronies dropped him (Colin) in the **** over Iraq for the same reason Confused
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 3 Nov, 2012 03:56 pm
@jcboy,
What then is a black person ( or a person of any color for that matter) who says a white person only votes for white candidates because they are white?

It's good to see that you've put your finger on the main thrust of this thread.