@Robert Gentel,
Good one!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 11 Oct, 2012 04:32 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Robert Gentel wrote:

ehBeth wrote:
Does she know that she's high maintenance?

That breaks rule #1 of being high-maintenance.

nah, one of my most-beloved A2kers is high-maintenance and knows it. He NEEDS to be pampered but has never had a problem being razzed about it IRL.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 05:42 pm
The queen just tried calling me. I let it go to voice mail. She’s arriving this Wednesday and I’ll have to pick her up at the airport.

Here she is, the one on the left, the redhead is Wendy. Wendy is not allowed in the State of Florida or within a thousand miles of me. Cool

http://i1159.photobucket.com/albums/p622/richone4/quen_zps794c6d51.jpg
ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 05:52 pm
@jcboy,
The queen seems to have a bit of an immobile forehead.
MMarciano

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 05:58 pm
@ehBeth,
I will say one thing. She was nice when she Morgan and I sat down alone together after our wedding, but with others? She just doesn’t know when to shut up.

At out wedding two friends of ours were there, one had just been laid off from his job, now these two guys have been together for 12 years and she just met them, the first thing she said was “your going to have to find a job soon or your boyfriend will be supporting you” who the hell says something like that to someone they just met?
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 06:00 pm
@jcboy,
I love the expression on the face of the guy behind them.
jcboy

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 06:05 pm
@Butrflynet,
He probably wanted to kill her but didn't know what to do with the body Cool
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 06:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Wendy is a horrible person, she use to brag because her father is Larry Wilcox, the first time she told me I said "Who's He"

She's hated me ever since Cool
Enzo

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2012 06:19 pm
@MMarciano,
I think women who are that feisty are great. But if they can dish it out, they darn sure better be able to take it.

My gf is considered feisty by my friends and family, I reply, no she is just self-assured. A problem, they say? Not, says I.
jcboy

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 02:12 pm
@Enzo,
I’m on my way to the airport to pick up the Queen. She wants sushi tonight. Cool
EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 03:19 pm
@jcboy,
Good luck Peanut! Don’t bring her around me please. The shop is closed!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 03:20 pm
@jcboy,
I'm guessing she can take it back at her as it sounds like she's looking for in-your-face to be ongoing. All from one side gets boring or worse. And later, her nose may stay that way. Ribbing, I don't know her and don't want to be a meanie.

Orange County, eh? I've never seen the tv show, snot that I am. But I know lots of people in OC, CA. My Rich Uncle (now deceased), Cousins, Colleagues. I've memories of visiting my cousins for a weekend in '68 and being slightly wary parking in a grocery store lot there with a McCarthy bumber sticker on my Vdub.

I used to think there was no good food there at all, but there has been improvement. Also, demographics have gotten more interesting. I never got to the many vietnamese restaurants I'd have liked to have tried.

On the plus side, the Irvine Museum space is a favorite stop - lots of old california paintings hidden away in one professional building or another.

Hey, wait - you're from there and you're ok.

jcboy

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 06:02 pm
@ossobuco,
That sounds about right Osso!

We picked up the Queen at the airport then went out for sushi. The three of us had a little talk and after that it was actually a pleasant evening.

We just had to lay everything out. She knew ahead of time she had to live by our schedule for the next few days. Antonio is six years old, he has dinner at 6, bath at 8, in fact he's in the tub now! and in bed by 8:30 and that’s every night and it will not change. She’s never really been around kids before but I think she gets it. It’s nice to see her and have her visit but I’ll probably be dancing in the street when I take her back to the airport.

I thought this song was appropriate for the evening. Cool

ossobuco

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 06:18 pm
@jcboy,
Good for you. I was ever so slightly worried you would fold, which would make for better stories.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 06:26 pm
@jcboy,
Stay strong!
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 06:29 pm
Strong? they're both going to bed.

Morgan is on the same schedule Laughing
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 06:41 pm
@jcboy,
Tell her to fish or cut bait (sushi)!
jcboy

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 03:52 am
@Ragman,
We’re taking her out to dinner tonight with Anthony and Jeff. I hope Anthony’s hair is bright orange, she will give him hell tonight. Cool
jcboy

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 04:52 pm
@jcboy,
We are at The Queens Head, best fish and chips! Going downtown for dessert then home. It's been a long day with the queen!
ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2012 07:28 pm
@jcboy,
I hope you 're getting some good rest and preparing for another Queenly day!

Good on you and M for laying out the family rules upfront.
0 Replies