izzythepush

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 01:41 am
@JTT,
It's probably this paragraph that most irks the likes of Finn and Mr. Soggy.

Quote:
And with George Bush's blood-drenched presidency still fresh in the memory, it's only to be expected that 81% want to see the less belligerent Barack Obama re-elected. Only in Pakistan, target of relentless civilian-slaughtering US drone attacks, do a larger number prefer his Republican opponent, Mitt Romney.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 12:27 pm
http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/HELPDENIED_20121026_112036.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 03:18 pm
From the linked article:

Quote:
“When [Obama] came over to our little area” at Andrew Air Force Base, says (Father of Ty Woods Charles)Woods, “he kind of just mumbled, you know, ‘I’m sorry.’ His face was looking at me, but his eyes were looking over my shoulder like he could not look me in the eye. And it was not a sincere, ‘I’m really sorry, you know, that your son died,’ but it was totally insincere, more of whining type, ‘I’m sorry.’”

Woods says that shaking President Obama’s hands at his son’s memorial service was “like shaking hands with a dead fish.”

“It just didn’t feel right,” he says of his encounter with the commander in chief. “And now that it’s coming out that apparently the White House situation room was watching our people die in real time, as this was happening,” Woods says, he wants answers on what happened—and why there was no apparent effort to save his son’s life.

Quote:
“Well, this is what Hillary did,” Woods continues. “She came over and, you know, did the same thing—separately came over and talked with me. I gave her a hug, shook her hand. And she did not appear to be one bit sincere—at all. And you know, she mentioned that the thing about, we’re going to have that person arrested and prosecuted that did the video. That was the first time I had even heard about anything like that.”

Not "we're going to hunt down the people who murdered your son and kill them", but "we're going to violate the First Amendment of the Constitution and pin this debacle on some clown who made a third rate movie trailer video."

Quote:
Woods made clear that he isn't "mad," but that he wants to the "truth" to be told because he feels " abandoned."

Quote:
"When I heard, you know, that there's a very good chance that the White House as well as other members of the military knew what was going on and obviously someone had to say, don't go rescue them. Because every person in the military--their first response [would be], we're going to go rescue them. We need to find out who it was that gave that command--do not rescue them."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/father-slain-seal-who-made-decision-not-save-my-son_657782.html

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 03:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh, well, if it's the Weekly Standard, why, it must be the unbiased truth! I should respond with an article from Daily Kos.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 03:40 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Yes, if the Daily Kos interviewed Mr. Woods and he says he was entirely misquoted by The Weekly Standard ( and the Daily Mail - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2223554/Did-son-balls-size-cue-balls-Bidens-bizarre-question-father-Navy-SEAL-died-Benghazi-attack.htmland never said these things.

You are precisely the sort of person the Administration was counting on when they hatched their plan to obfuscate on this incident until after the election.

http://www.kesslermarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/notlistening-300x225.jpg
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 03:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Right, it's a good thing they can rely upon guys like me to change the opinion of the entire country on matters of foreign policy Rolling Eyes

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 03:49 pm
@Cycloptichorn,

Rolling Eyes What a strange interpretation of what Finn said.

Guys like you accept the bullshit your administration feeds you
without question, you really don't change the opinion of others.

Your regurgitation of talking points just reaffirms other peoples
opinion of you and your ilk that you are mindless Obamabots.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 04:14 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It's probably this paragraph that most irks the likes of Finn and Mr. Soggy.

Quote:
And with George Bush's blood-drenched presidency still fresh in the memory, it's only to be expected that 81% want to see the less belligerent Barack Obama re-elected. Only in Pakistan, target of relentless civilian-slaughtering US drone attacks, do a larger number prefer his Republican opponent, Mitt Romney.

I can't speak for H2O but it doesn't irk me in the least.

As long as the rest of the world doesn't need the US to save their bacon (oops, sorry if that offended any Muslims out there), it's only natural that they would want a disengaged America making peace with its alleged decline.

I've no doubt that if I was a European I would find it irritating that I had no ability to influence the government that had far more influence on world affairs than my own, and I might find it appealing to favor the US presidential candidate who showed the least inclination towards maintaining a vigorous US foreign policy.

I'd like to think that I might have the foresight to understand that the world is an unpredictable and dangerous place and based on history, if nothing else, there's likely to come a time when I and my nation might be relieved that there is a truly democratic superpower...even if the price for that failsafe is having to put up with what I might perceive to be bellicose arrogance.

But no, it doesn't irk me.

It amuses me though when I appreciate from where the Guardian's and like minded Europeans are coming from when they endorse Barack Obama.

For the sake of argument, let's assume the Guardian is accurate in describing the Bush presidency as "blood-drenched."

Even the Guardian can't charge that the red stains in the Oval Office were the due to the blood of Brits and Europeans.

Yes, Brits and other Europeans lost their lives and limbs in the Iraq and Afghan wars but is the Guardian or you contending that George Bush is responsible for that loss of blood? That he forced the leaders of the UK and Europe to send troops to these wars?

Are you really willing to admit to an entire continent's emasculation, by a US president?

No of course not, and so the blood stains are from the dead and torn bodies of innocent Muslims.

Well, by the estimation of the Guardian, Pakistan has suffered the most in this regard due to the US drone attacks so prized as a security and political weapon of President Obama and so they are only ones rooting for Romney.

And yet the Guardian and (by their account) the rest of the world (not to mention you) prefer Obama over Romney.

It makes you wonder if the Guardian et al are really that concerned about the loss of innocent blood.

It's hard to imagine how a US president who approved a surge in the Afghan war and personally selects the targets of US drone attacks (knowing full well the possibility if not likelihood of collateral deaths) would not have his presidency described by the Guardian as "blood-drenched."

Proving once again that the Left is far more motivated by ideological politics than pronounced principles.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2012 04:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Unfortunately, you are Legion
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 01:49 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
if nothing else, there's likely to come a time when I and my nation might be relieved that there is a truly democratic superpower...

I might be were that the case, unfortunately that's not true. There is a superpower where more often than not power is bought by the very rich, the inadequate education and healthcare means a substantial proportion of the population lives in fear and ignorance.

In any event Romney has already expressed his deep hatred for the UK, he's the biggest threat to our security.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 07:32 am

After Benghazi attacks, Islamist extremists akin to al-Qaeda stir fear in eastern Libya
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 07:34 am

US Intel believes some Benghazi attackers tied to al Qaeda in Iraq
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 08:34 am
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/c0.78.800.382.44365361803/p843x403/553653_488323791200881_814818076_n.jpg
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 11:06 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

In any event Romney has already expressed his deep hatred for the UK, he's the biggest threat to our security.

Non-sequitor Alert!

In any event...You seem to be confusing Romney with Obama.

Let me guess, Romney expressed his deep hatred for the UK with his remarks about Olympic security.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 12:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Let me guess, Romney expressed his deep hatred for the UK with his remarks about Olympic security.
"Mitt Romney has that unique distinction of uniting all of England against him with his various remarks," PM Cameron reportedly (by the conservative press as well as by other media) said to have told a group of people.
mysteryman

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 12:39 pm
@izzythepush,
When and how did he express his "deep hatred" for the UK.
Be specific, with his statement, in context, so that we may all judge for ourselves.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 01:46 pm
@mysteryman,
Perhaps izzythepush really is incorrect: when you look at what he actually said - he was speaking about the English and England.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 02:33 pm

Obama avoids question on whether Americans in Libya were denied requests for help

http://global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn2/video/102512_sr_herridge_640.jpg

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 04:04 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
What he said was accurate but impolitic.
JTT

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 06:26 pm
@H2O MAN,
US Intel

That's an oxymoron.
0 Replies