mysteryman

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 03:21 am
@izzythepush,
f you think that I am getting all hot and bothered about Benghazi, then you haven't been paying attention at all.

I have posted on this thread that its not a scandal, that its not the big coverup that some on the right want it to be.
You need to go back and actually read what I posted, not what you think I posted.

As for Iraq, don't ever say I am ignoring what happened there, I WAS THERE.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:19 am
@izzythepush,
I very rarely pay that much attention to you MM, but I do know you like to have your cake and eat it.

You're certainly getting a lot more hot and bothered about it than anyone over here. Benghazi is yesterday's news, nobody really gives a monkeys.

In fairness nobody gave a monkeys when it was in the news.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 04:27 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
As for Iraq, don't ever say I am ignoring what happened there, I WAS THERE.

It's not easy accepting the whole endeavour was completely pointless when you've invested so much personal time, but it was a pointless endeavour nonetheless.

Al Qaida were practically non-existent in Iraq before the war, now they're running training camps, and exporting all that expertise to Libya, Mali, Syria, Yemen, Egypt, Mauritania and the Southern Sahara. Bashar al Assad is using chemical weapons on his on people, safe in the knowledge that the West has no stomach for intervention after the debacle in Iraq.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 09:12 am
@mysteryman,
care to present that lie so I can judge for myself?
mysteryman

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 11:44 am
@RABEL222,
Its called Vietnam, surely you remember that?

But to please you...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident
Quote:
The outcome of these two incidents was the passage by Congress of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, which granted President Lyndon B. Johnson the authority to assist any Southeast Asian country whose government was considered to be jeopardized by "communist aggression". The resolution served as Johnson's legal justification for deploying U.S. conventional forces and the commencement of open warfare against North Vietnam.

In 2005, an internal National Security Agency historical study was declassified; it concluded[7] that the Maddox had engaged the North Vietnamese Navy on August 2, but that there were no North Vietnamese Naval vessels present during the incident of August 4. The report stated regarding August 2:

At 1505G, Captain Herrick ordered Ogier's gun crews to open fire if the boats approached within ten thousand yards. At about 1505G, the Maddox fired three rounds to warn off the communist boats. This initial action was never reported by the Johnson administration, which insisted that the Vietnamese boats fired first.[7]

Regarding August 4:

It is not simply that there is a different story as to what happened; it is that no attack happened that night. [...] In truth, Hanoi's navy was engaged in nothing that night but the salvage of two of the boats damaged on August 2

http://fair.org/media-beat-column/30-year-anniversary-tonkin-gulf-lie-launched-vietnam-war/

Quote:
One of the Navy pilots flying overhead that night was squadron commander James Stockdale, who gained fame later as a POW and then Ross Perot's vice presidential candidate. "I had the best seat in the house to watch that event," recalled Stockdale a few years ago, "and our destroyers were just shooting at phantom targets — there were no PT boats there.... There was nothing there but black water and American fire power."

So the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution came out of a lie told by a democrat president, and that lie killed over 50,000 Americans and untold numbers of Vietnamese, Laotians, and Cambodians.

Do you remember that war now?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 12:01 pm
@mysteryman,
I was only 15 in 1964. But I still remember that we discussed this in school. And that only two Democrats in the Senate opposed the Southeast Asia Resolution ...
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 12:12 pm
Personally I'm just waiting for the congressional overreach of hearings which will have the effect of backfiring because once again republicans are spending their time and energy and tax dollar money in investigations and hearings. After the big climax of the Clinton Impeachment hearings which had the effect of making Clinton's approval ratings soar, republicans ought to be holding back a little.

Let the inevitable GOP overreach commence

Meanwhile, nothing constructive continues to get done in congress. Oh, my bad, I think they passed another Obamacare repeal in the house today.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 17 May, 2013 01:01 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
So the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution came out of a lie told by a democrat president, and that lie killed over 50,000 Americans and untold numbers of Vietnamese, Laotians, and Cambodians.

You seem to have forgotten all the Australians who died fighting one of your wars.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 09:11 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

mysteryman wrote:

You seem to have forgotten all the Australians who died fighting one of your wars.
Was the war against communist slavery
merely an AMERICAN war ??
mysteryman

Reply Sat 18 May, 2013 10:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Interesting, we are talking about a lie told by American presidents that got Americans killed, and that's all you get out of it?

You ignore the entire gist of the statement to complain that I didn't mention Aussies, so I will mention that 521 Aussies were also killed in Vietnam.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 12:26 am
@mysteryman,
why are you still yakking on A2K? Your are a troll, everyone says so! *sarcasm*
izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 02:14 am
@mysteryman,
It says a lot about your way of thinking that you chose to ignore the contribution made by your allies. I don't think you're alone in that.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 02:15 am
@OmSigDAVID,
It wasn't a war against slavery, it was a war of enslavement and extermination.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 07:17 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

why are you still yakking on A2K? Your are a troll, everyone says so! *sarcasm*

Only senile CI says so.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 08:37 am
@RABEL222,
I did what you asked and posted the lie, and you don't respond. Did I scare you away by posting the truth?
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 09:47 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/971094_582438121778057_1350741433_n.jpg
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 09:54 am
@Region Philbis,

-Bill Maher the liberal duechebag eats human feces for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 09:56 am

Obama's Benghazi Cover-up Is Worse Than Watergate
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 10:02 am
@H2O MAN,

bitter much?
H2O MAN

Reply Sun 19 May, 2013 10:47 am
@Region Philbis,
Not at all, you?