H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:43 am
http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/20121017/92c073_candy_10172012.jpg
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:45 am
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/sycamore/315399_412611758797188_299349994_n-1-1-1-1.jpg
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 08:01 am
@H2O MAN,
Welcome back Mr. Soggy, with your bumpersticker mentality you make Finn look smart.

And it's furore not furor. What site do get these from, illiteratefascists.com?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 08:54 am

BenghaziGate is going to blow up in Obama's face.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 09:32 am
@izzythepush,

...Obama continues to make me and Finn look smart.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 09:59 am
Quote:
Audience member: I think that had to do with the fact that the Iranians perceived Reagan would do something to really get them out. In other words [unintelligible]…and that's why I'm suggesting that something that you say over the next few months gets the Iranians to understand that their pursuit of the bomb is something that you would predict and I think that's something that could possibly resonate very well with American Republican voters.

Romney: I appreciate the idea. I can't—one of the other things that's frustrating to me is that at a typical day like this, when I do three or four events like this, the number of foreign policy questions that I get are between zero and one. And the American people are not concentrated at all on China, on Russia, Iran, Iraq. This president's failure to put in place a status forces agreement allowing 10-20,000 troops to stay in Iraq? Unthinkable! And yet, in that election, in the Jimmy Carter election, the fact that we have hostages in Iran, I mean, that was all we talked about. And we had the two helicopters crash in the desert, I mean that's—that was—that was the focus, and so him solving that made all the difference in the world. I'm afraid today if you said, "We got Iran to agree to stand down a nuclear weapon," they'd go hold on. It's really a, but…by the way, if something of that nature presents itself, I will work to find a way to take advantage of the opportunity.

source
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 02:24 pm
I can't believe we're having to rehash this issue.

From 2004:
Clinton Aides Plan to Tell Panel of Warning Bush Team on Qaeda
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 02:33 pm
@InfraBlue,
No doubt Finn views the New York Times as a 'hysterical leftist source.'

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 02:36 pm
@McGentrix,
I'm not giving Obama a free pass on anything, but Romney is a complete ****. The only people I've met who don't think he's a complete **** haven't heard of him.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 02:49 pm
@InfraBlue,
Yeah right. The NYT has lost all credibility
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:02 pm
@InfraBlue,
Read the article , and tell me where it says the Clinton Admin provided the Bush Admin with actionable intelligence about a 9/11 scope plot against the homeland. What is says is that they told the Bush Admin that al-Qaida represented the greatest terrorist threat to national security.

At the time the general public didn't know much about al-Qaida or bin-Laden. They knew terrorists had bombed our embassies and attacked the USS Cole, and they knew the terrorists were Middle-Eastern, but not many appreciated the extent of the Islamist threat. If the Clinton Admin. did,why didn't it do more to combat it instead of dumping it at the feet of the incoming Admin?

In any case it is irrelevant in terms of the Benghazi scandal.

If one Admin dropped the ball and 3,000 people died, wouldn't you expect
ensuing Admins to be all that much more cautious?

And irrespective of the scope of the screw up, a cover up is a cover up.

That you blithely dismiss this one because the Prez is a leftist speaks volumes.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Proving you have a very limited and insular circle of acquaintances. It's what comes from spending all day in your underwear eating "crisps" and poring over pro-Palestinian propaganda websites.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Everything about you is limited Finn.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:46 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Read the article , and tell me where it says the Clinton Admin provided the Bush Admin with actionable intelligence about a 9/11 scope plot against the homeland. What is says is that they told the Bush Admin that al-Qaida represented the greatest terrorist threat to national security.

Now you’re attempting to shift the goalposts by bringing up “actionable intelligence,” whatever that means. The point is that the Bush Admin. was warned about al Qaeda by the Clinton Admin.

Quote:
At the time the general public didn't know much about al-Qaida or bin-Laden. They knew terrorists had bombed our embassies and attacked the USS Cole, and they knew the terrorists were Middle-Eastern, but not many appreciated the extent of the Islamist threat. If the Clinton Admin. did,why didn't it do more to combat it instead of dumping it at the feet of the incoming Admin?

This rehashing is for another thread, about a decade ago.
Regardless, the outgoing Clinton Administration did warn the incoming Bush Admin. About Al Qaeda and the threat it represented.

Quote:
In any case it is irrelevant in terms of the Benghazi scandal.

Agreed, so why bring it up?

Quote:
If one Admin dropped the ball and 3,000 people died, wouldn't you expect
ensuing Admins to be all that much more cautious?

One would think.

Quote:
And irrespective of the scope of the screw up, a cover up is a cover up.

What’s the cover up, exactly?

Quote:
That you blithely dismiss this one because the Prez is a leftist speaks volumes.

What, exactly, am I “blithely dismissing”?

That this Admin. screwed up in regard to this attack, I wholeheartedly agree.

That there is a cover up, again, what, exactly, is being covered up?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 03:51 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh Lord, I'm bleeding out from that razor sharp retort!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 04:03 pm
@InfraBlue,
Well if you were paying attention, you would know that I didn't bring it up.

Scroll back a few pages.

The cover-up?

Admittedly it was a pathetic attempt, but it was an attempted cover-up never-the-less.

It was a preplanned terrorist attack that had nothing to do with the target video and which the Admin was fully cognizant of with 24 hours, and yet it pathetically attempted to characterize it as a spontaneous reaction to a months old video.

Why they attempted this pathetic ruse is something of a mystery (You probably need to ask Valerie Jarret), but bullshit it was.

Chances are that that given the way the MSM cooperatively jumped on the Romney response to the Egyptian Embassy statement for three days and virtually ignored the underlying, far more important story, the Obama Admin figured all they had to do was trot out someone with perceived gravitas (Ambassador Rice) who would blatantly lie, and the MSM would do the rest.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 04:05 pm
@InfraBlue,
Missed the "shift the goalposts" comment.

Are you trying to suggest that the Clinton Admin telling the Bush Admin that al-Qaida were really, really bad guys, was enough for the latter to have prevented 9/11?
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 07:42 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Missed the "shift the goalposts" comment.

Are you trying to suggest that the Clinton Admin telling the Bush Admin that al-Qaida were really, really bad guys, was enough for the latter to have prevented 9/11?

Who knows what could have prevented 9/11, or the Benghazi attack for that matter. You could play your game of what if till the cows come home. The point is that the Clinton Administration had briefed the Bush Administration about Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda, and their previous acts of terrorism against the US, and his general whereabouts at the time. And yeah, that they were really, really bad guys.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 17 Oct, 2012 09:07 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

It was a preplanned terrorist attack that had nothing to do with the target video and which the Admin was fully cognizant of with 24 hours, and yet it pathetically attempted to characterize it as a spontaneous reaction to a months old video.

On Monday The New York Times had reported that the Libyan Islamist militia, Ansar al-Shariah, were prompted by the anti-Islam film to perpetrate the attack on the diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

Quote:
The fighters said at the time that they were moved to act because of the video, which had first gained attention across the region after a protest in Egypt that day. The assailants approvingly recalled a 2006 assault by local Islamists that had destroyed an Italian diplomatic mission in Benghazi over a perceived insult to the prophet. In June the group staged a similar attack against the Tunisian Consulate over a different film, according to the Congressional testimony of the American security chief at the time, Eric A. Nordstrom.

At a news conference the day after the ambassador and three other Americans were killed, a spokesman for Ansar al-Shariah praised the attack as the proper response to such an insult to Islam. “We are saluting our people for this zeal in protecting their religion, to grant victory to the Prophet,” the spokesman said. “The response has to be firm.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/world/africa/election-year-stakes-overshadow-nuances-of-benghazi-investigation.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Oct, 2012 01:08 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Oh Lord, I'm bleeding out from that razor sharp retort!

You can't blame that on me, you've been leaking effluent for a number of years.
0 Replies