I just got my flu shot, have you?

ossobuco

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 07:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I don't care - it's the process that's fun for me, in this case the reminder about football, and the fellowship. I like McG, as it happens. We differ on this and that, but I find him quite sharp.
I'm sure my marks in different years run up and down the ladder.
Well, shucks, so do the teams' marks..

XXSpadeMasterXX

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 07:52 pm
@ossobuco,
No I know...I feel the same...I just think it is cool if we got the SB pick correct...

It is just for fun...And I like McG too...And all others in...

And I am sure that anyone who plays often will go up and down...I see that from my fantasy...But just think it is cool to get the SB pick correct...
ossobuco

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 07:58 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Smiles.. (but I worry)

ok, now, I need not to get the flu.
I get my shot next Tuesday, which is my yearly appointment with the local clinic.

I need to up that appointment this next year. It's one busy place.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 07:58 pm
I think it would have been cool if they'd vaccinated the Pats against broken limbs. Confused
XXSpadeMasterXX

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:04 pm
@Kolyo,
Mr. Green Mr. Green

Koylo...Male/female?

From US? Certain part...

Just if you are interested...

I am male...and live in the New England Area...

I am just interested in meeting new people...
ossobuco

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:05 pm
@Kolyo,
I shouldn't like football, I know all sorts of stuff to not like it, and it's getting chancier as we learn more.

However, I'm pleased that Pats were patted.

Cough.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:10 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Ah, hate to disappoint you, but I'm a guy as well.

(Kolyo is a Bulgarian boy's name, variation on Nicholas. It actually sounds more masculine, I think, than the Russian version, Kolya.)
ossobuco

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:17 pm
@Kolyo,
Koylo's ok.

It's me that may not be, Spade. We have different opinions, at least on religion, though I recognize your sig line.
I don't engage much on threads on all that, unless I lose my cool re Spendius.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:23 pm
@Kolyo,
Naw, no disappointment...I just asked because I have been wrong before...I figured you were male...Because of your team in the league...But I do not remember which one....But I just remember the glub, glub thing...LoL...
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:24 pm
@ossobuco,
I understand your views Osso...And it is cool you do not comment much...As long as you are happy...Wink
0 Replies

roger

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:25 pm
@Kolyo,
Kolya? That's nothing. How about Sasha, which I believe is a deminutive for Alexander? Sounds positively effite.
ossobuco

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:30 pm
@roger,
In italian, it's Sandro.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 08:44 pm
@roger,
Yes, and there are plenty of girls named Sasha, too. There's even one gal on TV named Sasha Alexander. Even if she didn't have a Wiki page, I could tell she wasn't born that way. "Sasha Alexander" has psdeudonymous tease written all over it.

Yet it never seemed to bother the Russian guys named Sasha that I've known throughout the years. They know we Americans, effite as Russian names might sound, still see them all as commies, mafia billionaires, toothless hockey-players, reclusive math gods, or all of the above.
roger

Thu 24 Jan, 2013 09:14 pm
@Kolyo,
Toothless chess players!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 22 Feb, 2013 02:47 am
Quote:
Overall, across the age groups studied, the vaccine's effectiveness was found to be a moderate 56 percent, which means those who got a shot have a 56 percent lower chance of winding up at the doctor with the flu. That is somewhat worse than what has been seen in other years.
For those 65 and older, the vaccine was only 27 percent effective against the three strains it is designed to protect against, the worst level in about a decade. It did a particularly poor job against the tough strain that is causing more than three-quarters of the illnesses this year.
It is well known that flu vaccine tends to protect younger people better than older ones. Elderly people have weaker immune systems that don't respond as well to flu shots, and they are more vulnerable to the illness and its complications, including pneumonia.
But health officials said they don't know why this year's vaccine did so poorly in that age group
http://news.yahoo.com/flu-shot-doing-poor-job-protecting-older-people-232338537.html
so much for earlier claims that this years shot was very effective.

Quote:
The CDC's Bresee said there is a danger in providing preliminary results because it may result in people doubting — or skipping — flu shots. But the figures were released to warn older people who got shots that they may still get sick and shouldn't ignore any serious flu-like symptoms, he said.

i am very tired of the government trying to manage my information, as well as their other manipulation attempts.
roger

Fri 22 Feb, 2013 03:02 am
@hawkeye10,
So, you won't be getting one next year either.
hawkeye10

Fri 22 Feb, 2013 03:26 am
@roger,
undecided. i have always had a rockin immune system but at 50 maybe not anymore. i am in reevaluation.
roger

Fri 22 Feb, 2013 03:40 am
@hawkeye10,
It's unfair, but if you have a strong immune system, you won't like have a bad reactions to the shot, either.
JTT

Fri 22 Feb, 2013 03:18 pm
@roger,
Quote:
you won't like have a bad reactions to the shot, either.

And here, all these years, I thought you were an older guy, Rog. Smile
0 Replies