26
   

I just got my flu shot, have you?

 
 
Butrflynet
 
  3  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:06 pm
@Zeke,
Yes, that's why I get the flu shots. My immune system wasn't doing the job I needed done. Before I started getting them, I usually got sick two or three times during the winter months, bad colds and flu.

Since I've been getting the flu shots, I haven't been sick at all in the last 4 years.
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:09 pm
@chai2,
I got mine on Wednesday because I already had a doctor's appointment that day.
0 Replies
 
Zeke
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:10 pm
@Butrflynet,
You have your freedom to do what is in the best interest of your health.
My first post was regarding my self, as I've never gotten the seasonal flu shots, and I've lived through the winter without any major illness.
So it's more accurate to read my first post in comparison to my own health I suppose.
DrewDad
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:13 pm
@chai2,
I got mine a week ago, when we took the kids in to get theirs.

Cost me $25 to set an example for my kids. It would've been free at my regular doctor.
DrewDad
 
  2  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:15 pm
@Zeke,
Some protection is more than worth it, to me. Taking care of a flu-ridden kid while you're sick yourself is no fun.

If we're both half as sick as we'd be otherwise, then we're four times better off, IMO.
roger
 
  2  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:49 pm
@Zeke,
In the absence of any downside that might affect me, I got mine today. I have no reaction to flu shots, so it might help and can't hurt.
roger
 
  2  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:50 pm
@Butrflynet,
Your mother should be current on pneumonia, if she isn't already. Once every five years is enough.
Butrflynet
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 04:51 pm
@roger,
She is.
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  2  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 05:02 pm
@Zeke,
Zeke wrote:


My first post was regarding my self, as I've never gotten the seasonal flu shots, and I've lived through the winter without any major illness.
So it's more accurate to read my first post in comparison to my own health I suppose.


Then you should have been clear you were writing about no one else but yourself.

Rather you said

Why? It's completely worthless. Unless of course you have a desire to fund the pharmaceuticals with your money. It just gives you more risk and complications.

Flu isn't the big risk, even the government knows that.
Eat right, Work out, and don't buy into the government propaganda, and it'll set you good for the winter.


Sounds like you were addressing people beside yourself.
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 05:04 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

I got mine a week ago, when we took the kids in to get theirs.

Cost me $25 to set an example for my kids. It would've been free at my regular doctor.


Where did you get yours for $25? I got mine at Walgreens for $31. However, I signed up for their new rewards card at the same time, and earned 1500 points.

Oh well, money well spent. Good thing $6 isn't gonna break me.
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 05:08 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:


If we're both half as sick as we'd be otherwise, then we're four times better off, IMO.


I had the flu last time maybe 20 years ago, I was maybe 30, but I felt like I was a hundred and twenty. I never want to go through that again (and haven't, because I've gotten a flu shot every year.)

Some years it makes my heart beat a little faster for a little while, I mean just somewhat elevated. Maybe I'll be a little tired that night. That's all.
Zeke
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 05:20 pm
@chai2,
Pardon me, I'll try my best to be more clear when I'm demonstrating my opinion next time.

ossobuco
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 05:32 pm
@chai2,
Yeh, I remember the last time I got the flu badly - something like fifteen years ago. I remember having to get groceries and crying in frustration in the store I was so weak. Not so anyone else would notice..
0 Replies
 
aspvenom
 
  2  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 05:32 pm
@chai2,
Nope, as it maybe beneficial for me to get sick and have an excuse to skip college. And a small part of me underestimates the flu virus.

I know, stupid argument, but I'm going with it, and gonna see where it gets me.
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 06:34 pm
@Zeke,
Zeke wrote:

Pardon me, I'll try my best to be more clear when I'm demonstrating my opinion next time.




You do that. Otherwise, no one knows that you're talking about yourself, when you say "you", the way I've indicated I'm speaking of someone other than me, three times now in this post.

Is English your first language? Just wondering.
Zeke
 
  0  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 06:55 pm
@chai2,
No, my mother tongue is catalan. However, that doesn't mean I don't have a firm grasp of English. So you can stop ridiculing me now.
aspvenom
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 07:31 pm
@chai2,
While we're discussing personal matters, may I politiely ask if you're Indian?
It's been a long time since I had chai tea from a native indian. But as I recall, it was a rich flavor, and a very nice treat. My craving for chai tea tells me it's time I visit my good indian friend and annoy her till she makes me tea.
Rockhead
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 07:38 pm
@aspvenom,
american indian indian, or indian indian?

I could serve you some chickasaw chai tea...
aspvenom
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 07:41 pm
@Rockhead,
I would accept the offer if such a tea existed, Rockhead.
0 Replies
 
chai2
 
  1  
Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2012 09:07 pm
@Zeke,
Zeke wrote:

No, my mother tongue is catalan. However, that doesn't mean I don't have a firm grasp of English. So you can stop ridiculing me now.


Didn't mean that as ridicule, but it does explain why you don't understand the difference between 1st and 2nd person in English.

aperson, no, I'm not Indian, don't even care for chai that much. I mostly drink gyokuro, although I'm not Japanese either.

As they say in my homeland, klaatu barada nikto.

 

Related Topics

Immortality and Doctor Volkov - Discussion by edgarblythe
Sleep Paralysis - Discussion by Nick Ashley
On the edge and toppling off.... - Discussion by Izzie
Surgery--Again - Discussion by Roberta
PTSD, is it caused by a blow to the head? - Question by Rickoshay75
THE GIRL IS ILL - Discussion by Setanta
 
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.07 seconds on 08/16/2022 at 10:56:25