I just got my flu shot, have you?

Val Killmore

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 11:26 am
@Rockhead,
 http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_mJ4lc_Q9Q6k/S1YivQE21rI/AAAAAAAAk10/I-gPyYFDi48/s400/23ShhhClose.jpg
Rockhead

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 12:02 pm
@Val Killmore,
0 Replies

chai2

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 07:16 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

smack.

heroin...

(I bet Roland knew that)

huh, interesting.

I looked up "Harry Jones heroin" and see that's where the phrase "jonesing" may have come from.

I did not know this.

Thanks for the lift on my road to perdition.
Rockhead

Fri 5 Oct, 2012 07:24 pm
@chai2,
you're welcome to a ride anytime...

0 Replies

jamesh cllark

Sat 6 Oct, 2012 06:44 am
I have heard all this in stories but it is not true as it contain the summary of that fact which our older people told us in stories .It is not more true today
roger

Sat 6 Oct, 2012 11:17 am
@jamesh cllark,
I guess I didn't quite follow that, James.
djjd62

Sat 6 Oct, 2012 01:25 pm
@roger,
i just got a new sig line
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 10 Jan, 2013 01:38 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

I have always had a strong immune system so I see no reason to funnel another $10 to big pharma and another $20 into the bloated health care system, so I abstain.

we do however get our dog the kennel cough vaccine, so imagine my shock when she came down with kennel cough last week. the vet says that like with the flu vaccine they (the experts) take a guess what strains will be around..a year or more out. they were wrong this year. OOPS!

ok, hawkeye is very occasionally wrong. I did not get a flu shoot, and I got the flu for only the fourth time. It LAID ME OUT for two days. the worst part was getting dehydrated but not being able to keep any liquids down, that sucked. I am on a lot of meds and some of them tend to make me dehydrated to start with, so once I started going down hill I went down fast. I got up to let the dog out at 630 one morning and made it, barely. I decided that that was a stupid move and crashed on the couch till about 3. Thankfully I started to keep 7up down at around 5. at 8 my wife brought me some pho which I had a bit of. by 1am I was feeling better and ate the rest of it...a huge beautiful bowl!

I figured that i was about 6 hours away from going in for an IV before the turn around started, i got pretty bad off. my boy is the only one who had gotten a flu shot, and is the only one who did not have the 2 day ordeal, he was a little sick for half a day.
jespah

Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:02 am
@hawkeye10,
It's just a really ugly strain this year. That dovetails with what the Nurse Practitioner told me - even people who got the shots are sometimes still getting it, but their ordeal is a lot shorter and easier.
spendius

Thu 10 Jan, 2013 07:26 am
@jespah,
Quote:
even people who got the shots are sometimes still getting it, but their ordeal is a lot shorter and easier.

Which might mean that their natural antibodies remain only partially developed and thus they are permanently susceptible and ideal consumers of medical services for ever and ever.

In my view, the injury of the jab plus the introduction of substances into the blood stream plus the fear driving people to undergo such things cannot do otherwise than weaken the immune system.
spendius

Thu 10 Jan, 2013 12:21 pm
@spendius,
Ideally, from the point of view of the medical profession, immune systems are better when weakened. It provides for more and more epidemics with nastier and nastier viruses and more panic and the MP can not only cash in but have more opportunities to be on TV explaining how important a job it is doing in preventing illness.

Like hot days are better for ice-cream salesmen.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 18 Jan, 2013 06:44 pm
There’s Now ‘Influenza Sorbet’ to Fight the Flu
http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2013/01/jeni-ice-cream-influenza-sorbet.html?mid=grubstreet--20130118
0 Replies

jcboy

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 08:27 am
Nurse Ratched gave me that flu shot and now I’m sick. I woke up in the middle of the night with a sore throat. I’m staying home and I will make his life a living hell until I’m better.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DLzxCt2ZUB8/UGpfhcNEyjI/AAAAAAAAAJE/7NuFQ5vcIgM/s1600/Tumblr_kw542eF7mN1qz80pso1_r1_500.jpg
jespah

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 09:06 am
@jcboy,
Eek, feel bettah. A friend in NC had it - no exaggeration - for 2 weeks.
spendius

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 10:01 am
@jespah,
Had your friend had a flu shot jespah?
jespah

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 10:33 am
@spendius,
I can't recall; I'll have to ask her.
spendius

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 10:37 am
@jespah,
It surprises me jespah that you haven't already asked her. It is the first question that springs to my mind.
jcboy

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 12:54 pm
@jespah,
Thanks!

We got the flu shot over a month ago. Last week a friend stopped by and asked if I would drive him in my truck to pick up a desk he bought, so I did. He was coughing the whole time, said he had the flu for two weeks. I knew I would catch it with him coughing his head off in the truck with me.
ehBeth

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 01:32 pm
@jcboy,
Quite a few people are saying they've got the flu when they've actually got the bad cold that is also going around.
spendius

Wed 23 Jan, 2013 02:31 pm
@ehBeth,
I had it once. If there isn't a few days of hallucinating, I had four, you have a bad cold. That's the flu shot you want. Nature's.

It wasn't all that unpleasant if I remained immobile and warm.

0 Replies