What could possibly go worse for Mitt Romney?

oralloy

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You're about as dumb as those voting for Romney; and that's about as ignorant as one can be.

Why do you stupid people always run around falsely accusing others of your own stupidity and ignorance???
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:41 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
McCain and then Romney??!! the odds of two such lousy rolls in a row without loaded dice are inconceivable.

How old are you, Hawk?

Romney, McCain, Bush, Bush, Reagan.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:47 pm
@snood,
Quote:
If Willard Mitt Romney goes down in flames like its appearing he will, I want all of you shits on the right to FEEL it.

What do you think y'all should have to feel for a century of slaughtering innocents and stealing their wealth, Snood?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 04:22 am
Any nude pictures of Mitt Romney?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 05:12 am
@contrex,
Maybe he'll get his dates for addresses to Latino voters and Tea Party members mixed up, on the same night in the same building, and try to give two conflicting speeches, but give the Latino speech to the Tea Party and vice versa, with hilarious results. And maybe his trousers could fall down too, and later on the local vicar could turn up for his appt at the local lap dancing club, and his billionaire funders could wind up in church, cramming their dollar bills down the vicar's wife's pants etc.etc.

Oh crikey.

http://www.nation.com.pk/print_images/480/2012-07-30/romney-embarrassed-us-at-olympics-1343592963-6996.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 09:20 am
There was a debate at Santa Clara University by students about this election, and it gives answers to many of the questions I've had about why this election is so close.

Many of the students feels that Obama has not performed as he promised during the campaign, and has not created enough jobs. The problem with this assertion is that Obama (the president) does not create jobs. They can only encourage the creation of jobs through legislation that helps businesses. The GOP has blocked most of those legislations. Romney promises to create 12-million jobs. The only way he can do that is to create 12-million government jobs.

Another issue that was brought up during the debate was that the students believe that Romney as a "businessman" can create jobs. ergo, the president does not create jobs in the private sector.

With these misconceptions about what the president can and can't do are the biggest problem of today's electorate.

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 10:18 am
Did anyone mention dead ... hooker in Romney's hotel suite?

Dead male hooker in Romney's hotel suite?
JTT

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 10:52 am
@tsarstepan,
It's odd, not to mention telling, "he's dumber than a sack of hoe handles/GW Bush" ain't enough.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 23 Sep, 2012 10:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Well, it can't by way of your thinking and that of the MSM, but then how many people outside the A2K echo chamber agree with you?

0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 06:31 pm
He might open the window in his airplane.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 07:28 pm
For the record, I would like everyone to make note that Finn was challenged to produce a source for the bold assertion that Peggy Noonan voted for Barack Obama. Not only has he not provided any factual basis for that statement, but he has just ignored that he has been called on his bullshit.

He made that statement to impugn Noonan's credibility, because she rightfully has been raking the hollow man Romney across the coals.

This is typical of Finn - bullshit arguments based on false beliefs supported by falsehoods.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 08:55 pm
@snood,
For the record: I can't say with absolute certainty that Noonan voted for Obama because to my knowledge she has never admitted to it.

I can say with certainty that she was smitten with the young Senator from Illinois in 2008 as evidenced by the following column, only one of her frequent paeans, in the press or on TV, during that time:

http://www.peggynoonan.com/article.php?article=440

I can also say with certainty that Ms Noonan repeatedly bashed George W Bush, John McCain and Sarah Palin and is true to form now with Mitt Romney.

What's more, I can say with certainty that she has assiduously cultivated a persona of the "intellectual, reasonable and cultured conservative" that Liberals will respect (David Brook is her male counterpart) because she essentially agrees with them and can be used in a "See? Even conservative Peggy Noonan/David Brooks thinks that (fill in the blank) is a clod!" argument.

The allegation that Peggy Noonan voted for Obama is common short-hand on the right for calling her out as a phony. It has the added benefit of very probably being correct.

Did I make the statement to impugn her credibility as a conservative?

Absolutely.

When Politico asked Chris Wallace if conservative pundits (like Noonan and Brooks) have any influence on actual conservatives, Wallace replied:

"Some of the people you've mentioned, like Peggy Noonan, sometimes they're New York City's idea of conservatives"

That was the polite Mr. Wallace saying what virtually all conservatives believe: She's such a phony, she even voted for Obama.

Who will be surprised if snood tells us that Peggy Noonan is the one conservative he has always admired? And if I demand that he proves it?

I could just as easily and just as self-servingly offer up as defacto truth the raking across coals of Barack Obama by liberals like Pat Cadell and Douglas Schoen, but for what purpose? And if snood declared that they both voted for McCain in 2008, I assure you that I wouldn't demand that he offer us proof or be revealed as a bullshit liar (as a matter of fact, he's long ago accomplished that feat).

For the record: This is a forum for discussion and opinion and these selective demands for proof positive of opinions is overdone. If I ignore one of these demands, I suppose it may appear that I am ducking a righteous challenge, but I can live with that.

I am also of the thinking that if someone states something in this forum that another member believes to be nonsense it is up to that member to prove it is blather, not simply make a haughty demand for proof.

Undoubtedly those who think poorly of me will find much in this reply to criticize and confirm their poor thinking. So be it.

Why snood has gotten his panties in a wad about my assertion that Peggy Noonan voted for Obama is curious. You would think that he believes I have accused her of molesting a child. Now I may think there is a rough equivalence between the two acts, but I doubt snood does.

I'm sure Ms Noonan would appreciate snood defending her conservative bonafides, but does anyone really believe it's her honor that he cares about?

For the record: Snood really doesn't care for me...but that should be clear to all.

For the record: I don't care for or about snood, the only person in this forum, including to my recollection JTT, to call me a racist.

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 10:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
For the record: I can't say with absolute certainty that Noonan voted for Obama because to my knowledge she has never admitted to it.

i was trying to find out but all i found was that noonan claimed to be blown away by Palin's convention speech and a couple of days before the election bloggers were claiming that noonan had just announced that she was going to vote for McCain after all. you have to figure that she did, because otherwise she would be like Lieberman....disowned by all, and she is not.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 10:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
She has been disowned by conservatives outside of New York City.

Neither Noonan nor Brooks have any credibility with mainstream conservatives.

That they endure in the public square has more to do with their being the conservatives liberal love than anything else.

Brooks' only big gigs are the New York Times and NPR.

Before long the WSJ will discard Noonan.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 10:36 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
written nov 3 2008

Quote:
I know conservatives and Republicans who will vote for Bob Barr, for Obama, and one who believes he will not vote in the presidential, though I think he will. I damn none of them, and dislike all the damning of the past five or so years. But at the end of the day the old-fashioned idea of prudence comes into play. I see three arguments for a McCain vote, the first being the runaway train — bigger Democratic majorities in Congress plus a popular new Democratic president, plus a Democratic base thirsting for innovation, may well produce something wild, and who will put on the brakes? The other is the life issues, in which Obama’s disposition is apparently to the left of Bill Clinton. Our last Democratic president yielded some good things — balanced budgets for instance — due to a Republican Congress. Divided government has its virtues. In any case these three arguments are, for me, decisive.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/226203/i-grace-i-will-lead-me-home/interview?pg=2
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 Sep, 2012 11:05 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well, we can go tit for tat with Noonan opinion pieces.

I've acknowledged I don't know, absolutely, for whom she voted.

I'm not trying to paint her as an apostate worthy of beheading, but as irrelevant in the conservative sphere.

It's all well and good to invoke the spirit of Bill Buckley in an interview with the National Review, but I doubt Buckley would be all that pleased with Ms Noonan.

In any case, we can reasonably argue as to whether or not Peggy Noonan is a conservative for people living in New York City, and I'm happy to do so, but the gist of my former post had more to do with responding to snood's specious charges than castigating Peggy Noonan.

Even if we assume I am completely wrong about by assertion about Noonan, it wouldn't lend credence to snood's charges.

Enough on that.

One only has to read and hear Noonan's commentary over a number of years to realize that she is an elitist who fancies herself an intellectual. The manner in which she speaks, alone, tells that tale.

As this elitist intellectual there is never a conservative candidate she can embrace, and the wonder of her serving Reagan probably has more to do with the ambitions and economic interests of a young writer than any ideological purity.

My opinion indeed but based on what she has written and said.

She's certainly not an evil Quisling. After all, of late she has written columns that criticize Obama. She is not, however, a voice of conservatism in America, but she is a conservative voice liberals love to quote.

DrewDad

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:01 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Well, we can go tit for tat with Noonan opinion pieces.

You say that, but you don't actually produce any facts.

You say a lot of stuff, but you don't produce facts.

It's not Peggy Noonan's credibility that suffering, FYI.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:11 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Which tells me that the concept of what group represents "mainstream" conservatism has changed. There is little doubt that the Republican party has shifted to the right from the days of William F Buckley and Ronald Reagan (Peggy's idols). She still waxes poetic about them as the standard-bearers of "true" conservatism. There is still a large group of people who support that position in the political spectrum and they don't all live in NYC. There is an even larger group who are buying the crap that folks like Rush spit out and have moved further to the right than the majority in Peggy's day. Does that make them mainstream?

I mean.... I was listening to Jeb Bush this morning and thought that he'd be better off running as a Dem than what I see as the new mainstream Republican party.
snood

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:27 am
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Which tells me that the concept of what group represents "mainstream" conservatism has changed. There is little doubt that the Republican party has shifted to the right from the days of William F Buckley and Ronald Reagan (Peggy's idols). She still waxes poetic about them as the standard-bearers of "true" conservatism. There is still a large group of people who support that position in the political spectrum and they don't all live in NYC. There is an even larger group who are buying the crap that folks like Rush spit out and have moved further to the right than the majority in Peggy's day. Does that make them mainstream?

No telling. Hell, the "real" conservatives have managed to make the word moderate effectively pejorative now.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 25 Sep, 2012 07:31 am
Quote:
Before long the WSJ will discard Noonan.

One of many Finn predictions you'd be well advised to not hold your breath anticipating.
0 Replies