What could possibly go worse for Mitt Romney?

FBM

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 08:35 pm
Romney = Justin Beiber

Obama = Gangnam Style

/empty rhetoric
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 10:07 pm
@raprap,
Thank you for your defense of me Rap.

It's unnecessary, somewhat lame in terms of substance, but appreciated never-the-less.

I'm sorry I called you a moron.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 10:26 pm
Has anyone started a thread on the upcoming presidential debates?
If yes, please provide link on this thread. Thx.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2012 11:52 pm
@raprap,
"At least he isn't batshit crazy" isn't much of a recommendation.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 12:10 am
@DrewDad,
I'm not so sure there's much to recommend the Romney-Ryan team. When Mike Wallace asked Ryan how they were going to pay for their 20% tax cut, Ryan said it would take too long to explain it.

That's about their speed; they don't have any real answer to any of their promises.

I still can't get over Romney's promise of creating 12-million jobs when there's a world recession going on. That's unless, he creates government jobs.
snood

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 04:27 am
@cicerone imposter,
I know you know this CI, but it was Chris Wallace - Mike's son, doing the interview. The name "Mike" just seems to rightfully belong before "Wallace", doesn't it? Chris is sort of a small and disappointing chip off the block.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 05:19 am
@cicerone imposter,
I see that everyone is playing the "Lower my expectations" game re: tomorrows debate.

If Obama gets cerebral-he loses us

If Romney goes off his script -he loses

Both guys have pattern flaws in their deliveries. Whats needed is someone who can speak convincingly like Reagan but with the intelligence of Clinton.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 06:30 am
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

So I agree that I could never see Romney or Ryan signing the Emancipation Proclamation, not because I think Romeny or Ryan would have supported slavery, but because it would have required a significant amount of political courage and I doubt that either man would be willing to risk offending the electorate, just as Obama would not endorse gay marriage the first time around.

I was thinking about this some and it brought to mind McCain defending Obama at a rally. For those who don't remember, people at the rally repeatedly said they were "scared" of Obama or he was an Arab and McCain repeatedly rose to his defense saying he was an honest American and a family man who he had disagreements with and each time the crowd turned on him but he kept going. This in spite of McCain's documented dislike of Obama while they were senators. Can you picture Romney doing the same? I can't. I'd love for him to surprise me but I don't see it happening.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 2 Oct, 2012 09:51 am
@engineer,
I don't think it's in Romney's blood; he thinks of the 47% as freeloaders who don't pay taxes.

If he tries to do what McCain did, it will only show that he has no sincerity in him. He's already tried that by saying he's "behind 100% of Americans."

It made his problem bigger, not smaller.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 05:51 pm
Responding to the question of the title:

He could kick the president's but't in their first debate...
JTT

Reply Thu 4 Oct, 2012 09:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
He could kick the president's but't in their first debate...

Tonight's debate is between the current president of the US and Milt the fish Romney.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 04:11 am
From the selection of cuts I have seen on Fox and CBS and our own news programmes the President won by a street.

"What's a job Mitt?" he was too polite to ask. The President displayed his contempt for the debate format as well he might.
spendius

Reply Fri 5 Oct, 2012 09:18 am
@spendius,
And Mr Romney had that look, which Mr Huckabee has on Fox, of one of those dogs that's just a bit too eager to please a master which it must consider stupid.

Thumb that down Mr or Mrs Chumphead.
0 Replies