What could possibly go worse for Mitt Romney?

contrex

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 10:50 am
I just did a quick image edit to show how he might try to appeal to even more voters... I know it's crude but you get the idea.

Next the Asian-American constituency...

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p29/badoit/o-MITT-ROMNEY-SHADES-570_zps9a1b07c1.jpg
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 10:54 am
Somebody else did a better job...

http://superofficialnews.com/blackface.jpg
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 11:24 am
What! Don't Native Americans vote in this country? Mr. Green
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 11:27 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

This is Romney who Ted Kennedy completely destroyed in the NY senate race debate and he is trying to deal with Obama.

SO? When did Kennedy EVER run for the NY senate seat? Especially since he ran and held office in Massachusetts. And when Romney did challenge Kennedy for the Massachusetts US Senate seat, he lost of course. So perhaps you remembered the 1994 debate a little wrongly?

Quote:
In the November general election, despite a very bad result for Democrats overall, Kennedy won re-election by a 58 percent to 41 percent margin,[25] the closest re-election race of his career;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Massachusetts,_1994#Polling
So if Romney crushed Kennedy then perhaps most of the voters didn't see that debate. I know I didn't watch it.
BillRM

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 12:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yes I got the state wrong.......

Quote:
So if Romney crushed Kennedy then perhaps most of the voters didn't see that debate.

I did said it the other way around as Ted crushed Romney.......

Quote:
This is Romney who Ted Kennedy completely destroyed
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 01:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

What! Don't Native Americans vote in this country? Mr. Green

He'll get some feathers and a tomahawk next week, I expect.
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 01:50 pm
@revelette,
I put my money on Obama. He's a better speaker. He's smarter. His platform is stronger. Besides, I like him more.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 03:33 pm
@IRFRANK,
I used to believe that the republicans and democrats were about equal in their governing style, but that idea has been destroyed by this year's campaign.

The GOP front-runners not only lie, but lie about their lies. When they mis-speak, they claim that's not what they meant. They are working hard at voter suppression in several states, and some have even passed laws to take away women's rights. I believe Virginia now has a law that any woman who wants an abortion must have an ultrasound first, and they must pay for it. If they don't, they can be charged with murder.

Fidel Castro looks pretty good from here, but Obama looks like a saint in comparison.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 21 Sep, 2012 04:04 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

What could possibly go worse for Mitt Romney?

You could release your 2011 tax returns, and brag about how much financial disclosure you've done... and in doing so, highlight that you haven't provided any information at all about 2008 or 2009.

It's interesting especially in light of the tax amnesty that occurred in 2009.

http://www.mittromney.com/disclosure

Quote:
Gov. And Mrs. Romney's complete 2011 tax return is now available below, in addition to their complete 2010 tax return.

The Romneys have provided extensive information about their personal finances, including over 1,200 pages of federal tax returns that are now public on this website.

Also posted is a letter from the Romneys' tax preparer, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP, which gives an overview of the Romneys' tax returns covering an additional 20 years, from 1990-2009.

Governor Romney's tax returns show:

First, as a successful businessman, Governor Romney has not only added value to our economy through his investment and business activity, but he has paid millions in taxes every year to the U.S. government.

Second, the Romneys take to heart "to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." Accordingly, they have been generous in their charitable giving, donating over $7 million between 2010-2011 – donating more to charity than they paid in federal income taxes.

Third, Mitt Romney has scrupulously complied with the U.S. tax code, and his income is reported and taxed at the applicable rates, and he has paid 100 percent of what he has owed.

In addition, Gov. Romney has released nine financial disclosures since 2002, which are also posted on this site. There are 3 federal Public Financial Disclosures (from 2007, 2011, and 2012), and 6 Massachusetts Statements of Financial Interests (from 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007).

With a decade's worth of financial disclosure documents and the Romneys' recent tax returns, the American people have extensive information about their personal finances, above and beyond what is required by the law.

This site also includes Congressman Paul Ryan's financial information. Posted are tax returns from 2011 and 2010 for Paul and Janna Ryan, as well as 14 federal Public Financial Disclosures covering 1999-2012.

Additionally, there are now physician letters for both Gov. Romney and Rep. Ryan, making public their physical condition and medical history. These letters are being provided in the interest of public disclosure.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 07:52 am
The statement released by Romney's campaign indicates that the Romneys "owed" both state and federal taxes in each of the past 20 years. It didn't say they "paid" taxes during those years. It also states that the average tax liability was about 20%. Averages are heavily influenced by outliers. A very large tax payment in 2009 under OVDI would make both of those statements true. What about it, Mitt? Did you commit a felony and receive amnesty for it by paying your back tax liability under OVDI?
Joe Nation

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 08:44 am
@JPB,
Yes. JPB, inquiring minds want to know.

Well, we know already

Joe(we just want him to fess up about it.)Nation
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:18 am
@Joe Nation,
Not only that, but did you hear about the latest gamesmanship by Romney? He paid more in taxes to show he's paid the 13% rate, but he can still file an amended return to get that back!

He's a mormon, a christian, and a candidate for the US presidency.

Go figure why he's still being supported by so many Americans. From my POV, he should be receiving less than 10% of the votes by now, mostly from the very stupid.
contrex

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:23 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Go figure why he's still being supported by so many Americans.

Because he's a Republican?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 09:36 am
@contrex,
That's a very stupid reason, isn't it?

Romney is essentially telling them, you are on the government dole, are lazy, and don't deserve the benefits you are receiving or will be receiving - even though you paid your dues.

I'll vote for you because I'll kill myself if you ask me to, simply because I'm a republican.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 01:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
the repubs have long claimed to believe in self sufficiency and small government .....If that is what they believe then Romney was right. He was also right that citizens who want to protect their dole checks would be better off to vote D, though this was not a smart thing to point out.

Romney should be getting props for making a stand for what the right believes, and for an unusual for him burst of honesty.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 01:21 pm
@hawkeye10,
Listen to Gingrich talk about higher gas prices. Is he just as stupid as the rest of those conservatives who believes that the president of this country controls gas prices? Yes...

He's also blaming Obama for not accomplishing much when the GOP stopped almost all legislation from being approved.

Is he that stupid? Yes...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2012/09/21/pmt-romney-newt-taxes.cnn
djjd62

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 01:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Romney should be getting props for making a stand for what the right believes, and for an unusual for him burst of honesty.

what you say would be true if he'd said it in public on his campaign stops (either pre or post nomination)
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 01:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
What they believe and what they're trying to do are two different things.

Implementing voter suppression laws. Taking away women's rights. Implementing laws to control women's bodies - but more specifically their vagina.

You're about as dumb as those voting for Romney; and that's about as ignorant as one can be.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 01:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Listen to Gingrich talk about higher gas prices. Is he just as stupid as the rest of those conservatives who believes that the president of this country controls gas prices?
speculation (which the government regulates, or could if it wanted to) and regulation have a huge impact on gas prices, so the government has a huge say in gas prices even before we talk about gas taxes and our foreign policy both of which also strongly influence gas prices.

You need to prove that Gingrich is wrong before you can argue that he is so wrong that he is stupid.....you have missed a few steps here buddy.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 22 Sep, 2012 01:26 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:

what you say would be true if he'd said it in public on his campaign stops (either pre or post nomination)

or also if he says right now "damn right I said it, and I am right too".....
0 Replies