Republican Senate Nominee: "Legitimate" rape victims don't get pregnant

tsarstepan

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:03 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

If the current law in most states that if a man had acted as a father to a child for a certain time frame even if he did so due to a woman knowingly lying to him he had the duty of fatherhood no matter what the DNA then show.

Are there actual written into the law books laws or public policy (practices and traditions) which the judicial system hold and use during these paternity cases? If its the latter (which I suspect) then why not lobby for laws that give the right of the nonbiological fathers to deny child support if the mother is found lying to said man in regards to said possible paternity of the child?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Or that person could get a vasectomy.
BillRM

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
then he better have that DNA testing done right up front eh.

So you are in favor of rewarding a woman for committing fraud?

If you trust someone to manage your money and they are able to defraud you due to your trusting them enough to not audit them they should get to keep the gains of that fraud?
spendius

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
and if a man doesn't want to be a father he can use a condom. It's not that complicated.

It is actually Beth. You are thinking exclusively of mechanical complications as if there are no others. In terms of mechanical operations you are right.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
Definitely a more sensible and affordable decision in a number of jurisdictions.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:07 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Sorry but as long as we are talking about consensus sex ...

((sigh)) The bloody appropriate term is consensual sex. Not consensus sex.... Rolling Eyes
Quote:
con·sen·sus
   [kuhn-sen-suhs] Show IPA
noun, plural con·sen·sus·es.
majority of opinion: The consensus of the group was that they should meet twice a month.
general agreement or concord; harmony.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:08 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
and if a man doesn't want to be a father he can use a condom. It's not that complicated.

An if a woman does not wish to become pregnant she can take precautions or insist her partner does and therefore she does not need the right of having an abortion except for rape or health reason is that your position?

ehBeth

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:09 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
If you trust someone to manage your money and they are able to defraud you due to your trusting them enough to not audit them they should get to keep the gains of that fraud?

that does seem to be the American way, doesn't it

given your concerns, it's probably best to begin auditing early and often
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
In rape, which is the important issue, it's not the same.

Ok no abortions unless for rape or health reasons is that where you are coming from?
ehBeth

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:14 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
An if a woman does not wish to become pregnant she can take precautions or insist her partner does and therefore she does not need the right of having an abortion except for rape or health reason is that your position?

My position is that it is not my business if another woman wants/needs/chooses to have an abortion.

It is no one else's business other than that woman.

If I were advising a young woman today who was just considering sexual activity, I would suggest use of condoms and/or other birth control methods (2 methods are better than 1), unless and until she is sure she wants to become a parent.

If she becomes pregnant, whether or not she and her partner use birth control, it is my strongly held view that is her business, and only her business, whether she proceeds with the pregnancy.

ehBeth

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:15 pm
@BillRM,
No.

Again my position is that it is not your business or anyone else's what a woman does about a pregnancy.
BillRM

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:21 pm
@ehBeth,
Once more I agree with you that it is a woman rights to have an abortion however due to a woman having that right it should be a man right unless he had agree to be the father of her children ahead of time to refused the duties of fatherhood as long as he notify her in time for her to exercise her rights to an abortion in the first trimester and he ofter to pay for half the cost of an abortion.
tsarstepan

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 12:43 pm
@BillRM,
Instead of trashing a perfectly good thread, I opened another thread that is more fitting to discuss this recent new digression:
http://able2know.org/topic/199958-1
0 Replies

spendius

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 02:58 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
it is not your business or anyone else's what a woman does about a pregnancy.

What if there was a fertility strike organised?
Rockhead

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:05 pm
@spendius,
please organise one, spendie, and let us know how far it gets...
spendius

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:15 pm
@Rockhead,
Within 6 months the antenatal business is on its knees. 12 months the baby products. Toys. Then the nursery schools. After that the 1st grade is empty. 18 years all grades and colleges.

You can imagine the rest. It's been done before too. And with the internet it could catch fire what with all the obvious benefits.
Rockhead

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:16 pm
@spendius,
I don't see many folks giving up coitus for very long.

internet or not...
spendius

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:23 pm
@Rockhead,
If only ******* caused births we would not have much room.
Rockhead

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 03:24 pm
@spendius,
what about the catholics?
spendius

Mon 15 Oct, 2012 05:05 pm
@Rockhead,
Have you not read The End of Men: And the Rise of Women by Hanna Rosin Rockie?

And a very good thing too. We are nothing if not humane. I'm all for terminating men in the interest of reducing suffering. Judging from the Tales From the Moose Cave you should be too.

I wonder if Beth is in favour of us having the right to do what we want with our own bodies in relation to eating or drinking or smoking or shooting up or avoiding the draft or wanking out of the upstairs window onto the passers-by or performing the knickerless Can-Can at the Village Fete.

If women don't wish to have babies they should get into a nunnery or at least avoid trying to get by by sitting on bar-stools looking tempting and cocking their legs up every time a $20 bill floats along.