Republican Senate Nominee: "Legitimate" rape victims don't get pregnant

spendius

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 04:55 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
And, in no instance were people vaccinated against their will.

You must be ******* joking ff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are we not human beings before we are 21 now? Or 6? Or whatever suits your idiotic arguments at whatever point in time or space is convenient to your particular whim at any one moment.

The basic problem with your position is that it sends people off their rockers. You are trying to make something fiendishly complex seem simple.

Just like all demagogues.
spendius

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:08 pm
@spendius,
I was sent to school against my will.

I was vaccinated against my will. A few times. I certainly never gave informed consent.
firefly

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:15 pm
@spendius,
What do your remarks have to do with the positions, on abortion or rape, taken by the Republican candidates in the upcoming U.S. elections?
spendius

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:26 pm
@firefly,
I have no interest in such things. Nor have I any in women who have had an abortion or promote the sordid idea. Forceps droop you might call it.
ehBeth

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:32 pm
@spendius,
Best news I've heard all year.

Droop on.
ehBeth

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:33 pm
@spendius,
You were vaccinated for anthrax against your will?

Fabulous.

What does that have to do with anything?
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 05:42 pm
@firefly,
So the president have to issue the order how does that change anything who in the military need to issue the order even up to the CC himself.

Oh in looking at your link I found that judge order is now moot as the FDA did license the anthrax vaccine for the used intended by the military and the DOD is now free to restart the program without a presidential order.

Once more you are wrong and all the punishments given to soldiers during the program still stand.

Once more you are wrong.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 25 Oct, 2012 11:05 pm
Quote:
Where Mourdock got himself into serious trouble was saying that rape is “something that God intended to happen.”

He’s right there, too, according to his beliefs. And, by the way, the beliefs of many of his Republican critics. If God creates life, then He must create rape as well. God is all powerful. The others are trying to cherry pick what they want God to have done. Does God, in their eyes, only do good? If that is true, how do we account for all the evil and suffering in the world? These are heavy questions but Mourdock was completely within reason to bring up the discussion, and he puts his opponents to shame by verbalizing what they do not dare.

His backtracking was a bit unfortunate. He railed at those who suggested that he meant that God “pre-ordained” rape and said that what he really meant was that God creates life. I’d like to see the list of what God pre-ordains and what he doesn’t. How do we know?

Mourdock may be the pariah of the moment but the real culprits are those who believe one thing about life and death and who say another. To me that is what is “sick” and “twisted.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/richard-mourdocks-sick-and-twisted-critics/2012/10/25/3440966c-1eea-11e2-ba31-3083ca97c314_story.html

Sally Quinn NAILS it again!
0 Replies

spendius

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 04:02 am
@ehBeth,
There is more than a sufficient number of ladies who don't accept abortion.

According to CBS Mr Romney has closed the gap in the polls of women voters.

Why is sexual intercourse that results in an unwanted pregnancy, or might do, not rape? That there is no consent to the ejaculation is self-evident if abortion is the recourse to correct it.

spendius

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 04:05 am
@spendius,
Anybody promoting the idea that the Republicans are making war on women deserves to lose the election.
BillRM

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 05:06 am
@spendius,
Dream on Spendius as women as a group are overwhelmingly for Obama due to this war you do not think exist.

The war does not concern only abortion rights either but little things like the idea of defunding Plan Parenthood and ending all the free health services that they give to poor women.

Remember the US does not have universal health care and as always the poor get the short end of this fact with special note of women.

Footnote the advances toward having most of the US population under some health care insurance is being attacks by the GOP also.
spendius

Fri 26 Oct, 2012 06:45 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Dream on Spendius as women as a group are overwhelmingly for Obama due to this war you do not think exist.

Then why is CBS reporting polls disputing that assertion?

If you aim to prevent the poor getting the short end I think you need a revolution. And such a revolution leads to everybody getting the short end. The last 20 years have had 12 years of Dems.

The US short end is a lot shorter in Rawanda.

I dare say the Massachussetts short end is considerable longer than in other states.

At what point would you say that the poor are not getting the short end?

"If **** had value the poor wouldn't have arseholes". Henry Miller.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 08:13 am
Quote:
Claire McCaskill
Dem. 1,484,683 54.7% Incumbent

Todd Akin
Rep. 1,063,698 39.2%

http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/results/senate/big-board
Even though a million people officially approves of legitimate rape, it's encouraging that that state does hold some sense of civilization and humanity amongst that deeply red state.
cicerone imposter

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 12:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
amen! 58% v 42% There's still hope in this country.
spendius

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not that much when it is posited on the condition of rape victims.

In fact the interested parties have capitalised the value of future sexual assaults which they know are bound to happen in the circumstances prevailing and which you are in favour of.

It isn't as if you are doing anything to reduce future sexual assaults. There is no money to be made from that nor any opportunities to parade superior moral values.
RABEL222

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:23 pm
@spendius,
Can anyone explain what Spendius just said. It went right over my head.
JPB

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:24 pm
One of my favorite quotes from last night was from a FB friend who said, "Yes Mr Akin. It seems women DO have a way of shutting it down."
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:38 pm
@RABEL222,
What has confused you Rabel? Do you think there will be no future sexual assaults because indignation is expressed about them. It is said that expressions of indignation are very pleasureable and thus there will be people encouraging whatever it is which provides the opportunity to indulge the pleasure. And the more so when coupled with money and attention.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:45 pm
@RABEL222,
Actually, it went over his head too! Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

parados

Wed 7 Nov, 2012 01:51 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

In fact the interested parties have capitalised the value of future sexual assaults which they know are bound to happen in the circumstances prevailing and which you are in favour of.

Who are the interested parties?
How do they capitalize a value of sexual assaults?
What circumstances are prevailing and why?
Once you explain this circumstance how is anyone in favor of it?
0 Replies