Republican Senate Nominee: "Legitimate" rape victims don't get pregnant

TimeTravel

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 02:50 pm
@Rockhead,
Clubbing baby seals is only a tradition because wealthy Democrat chicks in Hollywood love the fur.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 02:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
It's unlawful to have sex with a 12 year old.

Or fully legal consenting adults it you are a teacher in some states and soon if the courts does not knock such laws down there will be a whole long long list of what adults can have sex with what other adults.

The state seem eager to get into adults bedrooms in a big way once more.

0 Replies

spendius

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 03:19 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
No more than they are used on the man who claims, "It was consensual".

He will be only too happy to take a lie detector test if it was consensual. An important point about a test is that if the lady fails it then a lot of trouble and expense is saved. Although to be cynical there are those who have an interest in their being a lot of trouble and expense and they have the intolerant "thumb happy" bigots cheering them on for reasons it might not be polite to speculate upon.

Quote:
I'm not at all surprised you support Akin's "legitimate rape" nonsense--you share his views.

You merely take advantage of the fact, and I know it's a fact, that the other side are very reluctant to talk turkey about the subject. I am reluctant to talk turkey about it. I don't. I might hint occasionally. But don't think I can't. I mean the mechanics which is what Mr Akin is talking about. He is effectively gagged by a screeching chorus of----well, I better not say.

And what do you think of the fact that the birth rate has tracked the economic situation historically in periods when there were no artificial birth control mechanisms. Not for the masses at least.

And the Emperor Augustus being unable, despite all his fearsome powers, to get Roman citizens to have more children. And they were not known for puritanism by a long chalk. The need to recruit non Romans into the state and promote them is seen by some as the fatal flaw in the civilisation.

No bloke can get a fit woman pregnant if she really means to enjoy him without the risk and without any help from the rubber goods, pharmaceutical or surgical industries. And she can do it when he's forcing himself on her too.
spendius

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 03:20 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes indeed Beth.
0 Replies

spendius

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 03:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What I don't understand is why women support Romney by only a difference of 10% less against Obama.

Maybe, they want to be controlled.

A classic example of assuming what he knows is all there is to know. The women who support Mr Romney may have very good reasons for doing so. And that sneaky "maybe". He gets over that they want to be controlled but hasn't actually committed himself technically. He knows a lot of folk will forger the "maybe". He's planted his silly, self-serving idea with a dinky little trick. The "maybe".

Does it make sense that they want to be controlled?
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 03:40 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
No bloke can get a fit woman pregnant if she really means to enjoy him without the risk and without any help from the rubber goods, pharmaceutical or surgical industries. And she can do it when he's forcing himself on her too.

You live in the same fantasy world that Akin does regarding female biology.

There would be no unwanted pregnancies, at all, if that fantasy was true.
spendius

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 05:10 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
You live in the same fantasy world that Akin does regarding female biology.

There would be no unwanted pregnancies, at all, if that fantasy was true.

Are there any at the time of conception? Don't they only become unwanted with afterthought. At the time, assuming they are not ignorant of the possibility of pregnancy, a female with an IQ of 6 for example, there is no possibility of an unwanted pregnancy.

Millions of women avoid the event for that very reason. Billions. Tell me a reason for preventing biologically mature females under the age of consent from having sex if it is not the risk of pregnancy. So how can a woman claim it was unwanted when she took the chance.

You live in a fantasy world regarding female biology ff. And you have an interest in presenting females as weak and helpless so that they need you to protect them. I am very experienced with women but I would never have bothered with any one of them if they needed your feigned care and compassion. They were all a match for me and a few of them more than a match.

You seriously underestimate women in order to have something to get indignant about. And you assert that I am a woman hater in order to grab the moral high ground using assertions. Which means you assume a stupid audience.

And by the time you have finished with them they are weak and helpless and you have talked yourself into a job protecting them as if they are little girl guides lost in a snowstorm. And being allowed to talk dirty at the same time. What a deal!!

firefly

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 05:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
What I don't understand is why women support Romney by only a difference of 10% less against Obama.

Maybe, they want to be controlled.

Have you heard anyone say they want to be controlled?

Some women support Romney for other reasons, like his economic policies, and they may just ignore, or disagree with, the GOP on social issues, like abortion, and others may share the same religious views that underlie these social issues policies and positions.

The main issue in this election--for most voters of both genders--is the economy and job creation. The social issues are in decidedly second place, except for the evangelical Christian fundamentalists who may regard these as paramount to their cause.

But the entire issue of putting constraints, like a requirement of "forcible" or legitimate rape", on government-funded Medicaid abortions, is part and parcel of the GOP's war on the poor, as much as it is an assault on women's rights.

Middle and upper class women have no difficulty obtaining abortions--for any reason they wish to abort--they don't have to be rape victims, let alone victims of only "forcible" or "legitimate rape". Either these women can afford abortions, or they have private health insurance that will cover them. But the women who depend on Medicaid have no other resources if Medicaid will not pay for their abortions, and the women in this group are least able to financially support a child. Yet these are the women that the GOP wants to force to bear unwanted pregnancies, even when these pregnancies result from rapes. The nonsense about "legitimate rape" is simply an attempt to deny these women any access to abortion that is Medicaid funded. And the GOP platform couldn't be clearer--these same people would like to deny all women access to abortion, for any reason. But, until they get their wish, they satisfy themselves by trampling on the rights of those vulnerable women they already control--the ones who must depend on Medicaid.

My tax dollars have gone to support wars I didn't want the country involved in, and, as far as I'm concerned, other people's tax dollars can go to support government-funded abortions they don't agree with. A woman's right of choice about whether to have an abortion shouldn't be limited by other people's religious views, it's her choice, and her choice alone, to make. And poorer women, who depend on government insurance, like Medicaid, should not have their choices in the matter unduly restricted by people like Akin, and Ryan, nor should they even have to be a rape victim, let alone a "legitimate" rape victim, in order to obtain an abortion.

I find the entire situation of limiting Medicaid funding for abortion outrageous. Akin's comments just served to highlight how outrageous it is, and how much more outrageous they are trying to make it, and the crazy ideas inside the brains of those making the policies and drafting the legislation.

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 05:40 pm
@spendius,
You wrote,
Quote:
Are there any at the time of conception? Don't they only become unwanted with afterthought. At the time, assuming they are not ignorant of the possibility of pregnancy, a female with an IQ of 6 for example, there is no possibility of an unwanted pregnancy.

I knew you were ignorant about many things, but I have to change that to stupid!

You honestly believe all rape victims has an IQ of 6?
BillRM

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 05:44 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
You live in a fantasy world regarding female biology ff. And you have an interest in presenting females as weak and helpless so that they need you to protect them. I am very experienced with women but I would never have bothered with any one of them if they needed your feigned care and compassion. They were all a match for me and a few of them more than a match.

You seriously underestimate women in order to have something to get indignant about. And you assert that I am a woman hater in order to grab the moral high ground using assertions. Which means you assume a stupid audience.

And by the time you have finished with them they are weak and helpless and you have talked yourself into a job protecting them as if they are little girl guides lost in a snowstorm. And being allowed to talk dirty at the same time. What a deal!!

You had words painted Firefly with the same skill as Leonardo painted the Mona Lisa.

I am in awe of your portrait of our friend.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

@spendius,
Well said....I agree completely.

Women should be offended at how the feminist discribe them, and after this amount of time without showing any interest in reform women of every political stripe should be making it very clear that the feminists do not speak for them. In this case silience is assent, and it is reprehensible. It is time for "MEN SUCK!" Culture to end.
0 Replies

firefly

@spendius,
Quote:
So how can a woman claim it was unwanted when she took the chance.

You do realize we are talking about rape--and that includes incest--don't you?

Rape is unwanted sex--sex without consent--even where you live.

No rape victim should be forced to bear her rapist's child.

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 05:45 pm
@firefly,
Are you serious? His economic policies? What are they? Have you information about his economic policies that we are not privy to?

From what he's offered so far, everything he "suggested" has been challenged.

They're talking about gas prices again. No one person on this planet can control gas prices. Besides that, Americans pay some of the lowest prices for gas; that's nothing new. Most people around the world pay double what we have been paying for over a decade - if not longer.

No wonder Romney is ahead in the polls.

0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 05:51 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You honestly believe all rape victims has an IQ of 6?

You have some problems reading plain English as anyone who can read plain English would not come up with that question, at least honestly.

Or are you just doing a dishonest like Firefly routine/dance?

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:13 pm
@BillRM,
spendi wrote,
Quote:
At the time, assuming they are not ignorant of the possibility of pregnancy, a female with an IQ of 6 for example, there is no possibility of an unwanted pregnancy.

You don't understand the implication of what he wrote with his example of a woman or girl's IQ.

That's because you have no factual knowledge about incest and rape; it has nothing do with with IQ.
BillRM

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:16 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Read read his comment..............in total and in content.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Did you hear that? A GOP governor at the convention said that Obama didn't even run a lemonade stand, and they applauded. I guess all those kids that have run lemonade stands are qualified to be our president. That figures!
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
You don't understand the implication of what he wrote with his example of a woman or girl's IQ.

That's because you have no factual knowledge about incest and rape; it has nothing do with with IQ.

C.I., spendi is saying there is no such thing as an unwanted pregnancy. He's agreeing with Akin that a female can prevent pregnancy, by some mysterious biological act of will, if she really wants to, even if she is raped. So, he's contending that at the time of sexual intercourse, including during a rape, the female really wanted to conceive, and that's why she became pregnant--only afterward was the pregnancy seen as undesirable.

You expect to have a reasonable, factual discussion with someone who thinks like that?
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 06:50 pm
@firefly,
What I'm saying is that unwanted pregnancy has nothing to do with IQ.

A woman can be a genius (IQ over 140) when raped and becomes pregnant.
firefly

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 07:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
spendi didn't say it had anything to do with I.Q. either. You misunderstood what he said. Go back and read what he wrote.

Although, I think, what he did actually say, was every bit as crazy as if he had related pregnancy to I.Q.

All these nutty ideas, about a woman's alleged biological ability to keep sperm from fertilizing her egg, if she really doesn't want to get pregnant, that both Akin and spendius have voiced, really astound me. I'm flabberghasted that there are adult men who actually believe these things.

Some men will obviously go to any lengths, no matter how absurd, to justify their mistrust of women.