Republican Senate Nominee: "Legitimate" rape victims don't get pregnant

BillRM

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 11:42 am
@jcboy,
Jcboy are you going to try breast milk just for the hell of it?

It is sweet and not bad tasting and now I know why I am straight as an arrow.

An all because many decades ago I had a girlfriend that was lactating................ Twisted Evil

You do learn so must when you listen to the wisdom of a member of the House science and technology committee.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 11:59 am
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1282801/31d79e69026ad1e009135ea46b0086f2_width_600x.jpg
hawkeye10

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:13 pm
@firefly,
The trouble with the word rape is that most people are behind the times, they still think rape is sexual violation when what it really is is non government approved sex, which only sometimes is violation. It is way past time to stop usong the word and come up with more narrowly defined words so that we might effectively communicate.
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:19 pm
@hawkeye10,
You are an idiot!
firefly

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:22 pm
hawkeye10

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

You are an idiot!

I am correct though it may will take a generation for people to get beyond their emotional connection to the word rape a realize the fraud that has been perpetrated on us by the feminist/state cooperative effort to rub out sexual freedom.
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
You're still an idiot; you continue to prove yourself over and over.....
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:30 pm
@firefly,
Another Republican Senate [nominee Tom Smith] Walks Into Rape Controversy
Quote:
'Asked if having a child out of wedlock is similar to rape, he replied: 'No, no, no, but put yourself in a father's position, yes. It is similar. This isn't ...' He trailed off, then continued: 'But back to the original [question], I'm pro-life, period.
Smith, on the other hand, is trailing incumbent Sen. Bob Casey by more than 14 points, according to Real Clear Politics.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012/08/28/160163658/another-republican-senate-hopeful-walks-into-rape-controversy
firefly

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:31 pm
I love this one. Smile
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:33 pm
@firefly,
...and your amnesia. Mr. Green Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk Drunk
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 12:35 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Hawkeye got a point when we allow the fireflies of the world to play games so that well after the fact consent can be withdrawn/declare invalid you greatly decrease the meaning of rape.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:03 pm
Interesting four votes down for Hawkeye and my postings oh for the old days when people would make up accounts and we would end up with 20 plus votes downs.

In any case when a young man can for example be asleep in bed and have an woman jump into bed and awaken him and he end up facing a court martial for rape when the woman regret the sex the next day there is something mildly wrong.

Or a man can be having consensus sex and have a woman withdraw that permission in the middle of the act and it told him 7 seconds to stop and he end up in a prison cell as he did not act fast enough there is something mildly wrong.

Oh well we all are in agreement that a woman can get pregnant with any act of intercourse willing or not willing intercourse.
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:09 pm
@BillRM,
A lie detector test is all that's needed.
0 Replies

firefly

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Quote:
My New Rule for Todd Akin and the Republican Party
08/24/2012
Bill Maher

New Rule: If your entire party tries to get rid of you, and you stay in, you can't talk about how easy it is for a woman to push a stupid prick out of her body.

I don't want to waste another second thinking about Todd Akin, and his theory that you can't get pregnant unless your eggs are asking for it. Here's the only thing you need to know about Todd Akin and human anatomy: he's an asshole. What I want to talk about is how it's not a coincidence that the party of fundamentalism is also the party of fantasy. When I say religion is a mental illness, this is what I mean: it corrodes your mental faculties to the point where you can believe in tiny ninja warriors who hide in vaginas and lie in wait for bad people's sperm.

Evangelicals might like to pretend that the magical thinking that they indulge in at home doesn't affect what they do at the office, but it absolutely does. The brain that believes in angels and miracles and Jesus riding a dinosaur is trained to see the world not as it is, but as you want it to be.

Republicans would like to pretend like Congressman Akin's substitution of superstition for science is a lone problem but it's not: they're all magical thinkers, on nearly every issue. They don't get their answers on climate change from climatologists, they get them from the Book of Genesis. Hence Sharia Law in America is a dire threat, and global warming a hoax....

If rape babies throw a monkey wrench into the whole right-to-life pitch, just make believe rape babies don't exist. If you want to cut down on teen pregnancy, just tell curious kids with raging hormones to practice abstinence. Until they get married. Because everyone knows, that's when the ******* never stops. Health care? Not a problem if you just keep repeating, "We have the greatest health care in the world." Even though the U.N. ranks it 37th.

What's the solution to global warming? It's that it isn't real, and even if it is, big whoop, just buy an air conditioner, you pussy. Republicans also believe that putting the word "clean" next to the word "coal" creates something called clean coal. Even though there's the exact same amount of evidence for clean coal as there is for Todd Akin's mistaken baby makin' theory.

Republicans also believe if they kick all the Mexicans out of the country, the strawberries will pick themselves, and that if they cut the safety net all the poor blacks are "resting" in, they will fall gently to the ground, stand up, dust themselves off, and get good-paying jobs as Olympic gymnasts.

Next week in Tampa the Republicans must admit that the difference between a GOP convention and Comic-Con is that the people at Comic-Con have a much firmer grasp of reality.

Bill Maher is the host of HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-maher/todd-akin-republicans_b_1826617.html
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
I would hope that lots of people walk into the controversy...it is time for discussion and examination of the facts. The feminists for far too long have been allowed to run sex law and decide the definition of words, and they are very far from being honest brokers.
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:12 pm
@hawkeye10,
And men are? LOL
firefly

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:19 pm
http://s3.amazonaws.com/njuice-thumb/62/congratulations-to-todd-akin-on-securing-the-rapist-vote_l.png
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:21 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

And men are? LOL

All voices should be heard. What we have now is that all who object or even question the feminist driven "MEN SUCK!" supported government intrusion into our sex lives and intimate relationships are shouted down as barbaric women haters. It is past time for discussion and examination of the facts in spite of the feminists deep hostility towards that dicussion taking place.
cicerone imposter

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
The only time government intrudes into anyone's sex lives are all delineated by laws. Try to become familiar with them.

e.g., It's unlawful to have sex with a 12 year old.
spendius

Tue 28 Aug, 2012 01:38 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
He was implying, as you are, that a woman's word about whether she has been raped is suspect

Which it often is. Hence a jury trial.

Quote:
with the clear implication that many women who claim to have been raped were not

Which is often the case.

Quote:
that their claims are not "legitimate rapes".

It happens often enough.

Quote:
And, not only is that view highly offensive to rape victims

Why should it be? It is those who assert rape when rape has not occurred who should be highly offensive to real rape victims. If so many women didn't make false accusations we would be readier to believe the victims of real rape.

Quote:
, it is extremely insulting to all women.

It is not. It is you who are insulting women in order to be indignant and be talking about sex respectably.

An old fashioned Matron will recommend regular exercise to prevent pregnancy. And I don't mean running around the block. The vaginal muscles can prevent a male ejaculation, even expel the penis or expel the semen. What would you say is the evolutionary function of those muscles?

None of which is an excuse for genuine rape.

I think Mr Akin was correct just as Mr Clinton was. But both found their correct statements politically unacceptable.

The sure way is the veil in public places, no unaccompanied wandering around and seclusion. Those who object to that encourage rape as Setanta implied on the first page.