24
   

Arizona does it again!!! (Is this legal?)

 
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 03:38 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
It seems humorous that supporters of obama get near hysterical at the thought
that he will lose the votes of illegal aliens, if voters r legally required to present fotografic id. at the polls.
BillRM wrote:

You mean all ten votes that had been shown to had been illegally cast in the whole nation since the year 2000?
NO. I mean the ones that got away with it, undetected,
but even if it were to prevent Democrat fraud TEN TIMES, it 'd be worth it. Remember Florida in 2OOO.



BillRM wrote:
It the legal votes of legal citizens by the hundreds of thousands
that the GOP wish to block not illegal votes.
If that were true,
then we 'd not have offered them free driver's license id.
(tho, not necessarily with actual licensing to drive a car).

EVERYONE that wants the free, ez id. WILL get it b4 the election.
The indignant Democrats merely demand to preserve their fraudulent votes .
parados
 
  0  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 03:50 pm
@Ticomaya,
I am suggesting that unless the person is caught entering the country, they can't get such a conviction. Once the person is here, there is little evidence of how they entered as required to prosecute the misdemeanor.

Being in the country isn't illegal. It is only how you entered it that is a misdemeanor. Hardly an "illegal" alien. Unless you want to start referring you yourself as an "illegal" walker because you jaywalked.
Lustig Andrei
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 04:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Your chronic paranoia is legendary on A2k, David, but now it seems to be getting worse. I'm begining to think you actually believe that Democrats are prone to cast fraudulent votes. You're a sad case, all right, OmSig.
BillRM
 
  3  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 04:18 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Oh so keeping tens of thousands of legal voters from voting is worth it if it stop ten people from casting illegal votes?

Of course you would not feel that way if those tens of thousands would be likely GOP voters now would you David.

If good old NRA members was being interfere with their voting rights under the theory that it is worth it to keep ten votes from being cast you would be singing another tune.
mysteryman
 
  2  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 04:33 pm
@BillRM,
So a requirement to have identification to vote is keeping people from voting?
That's pure bs and you know it.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 04:48 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:
Your chronic paranoia is legendary on A2k, David, but now it seems to be getting worse.
Your post, this post, is an oxymoronic contradiction-in-terms, wherein u pretend
that u understand enuf psychology to make sense in your expression.
Paranoia is an ego-based delusion, whose purpose it is to use imagination
to aggrandize the ego of the afflicted person.

The concept is that if very important imaginary entities (e.g., the Gestapo, the Martians or NKVD)
r sufficiently interested in spying upon, or following, or trying to kill the victim of paranoia,
then he must be a very important person, in his own right,
otherwise no one woud bother chasing him; i.e., it is EGO-based.
Andy, I remain acutely aware that the Democrats r NOT following me around.
Neither has anyone else ever done that (except for some robbers for a few minutes, long ago).
Because I am aware of that, I am DEFINITIONALLY disqualified from being paranoid, as u falsely allege about the legend.



Lustig Andrei wrote:
I'm begining to think you actually believe that Democrats are prone to cast fraudulent votes.
You're a sad case, all right, OmSig.
I feel happy enuf right now.
(If u remain dissatisfied with my state of contentment, then send me more $$$money$$$.)
Thanx for your concern, Andy; very nice of u. Aloha !
Some Republican security told me of once following
a bus load of mental defectives of African descent taken from a home,
being driven around in a school bus in NYC, to polls with no Republican Poll Watchers
where thay voted many times ( but not enuf to change the result ).





David
Ticomaya
 
  2  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 04:48 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
I am suggesting that unless the person is caught entering the country, they can't get such a conviction. Once the person is here, there is little evidence of how they entered as required to prosecute the misdemeanor.

It comes as no surprise that you have no idea what you're talking about. Just for giggles, try doing a little research on the subject. Google isn't a great source for legal research, but it will show some convictions under the statute, which is enough to reveal your lack of knowledge on the subject.

Quote:
Being in the country isn't illegal. It is only how you entered it that is a misdemeanor. Hardly an "illegal" alien. Unless you want to start referring you yourself as an "illegal" walker because you jaywalked.

Surely a discussion on semantics is beneath us at this juncture. And that's a really bad analogy.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:39 pm
@mysteryman,
No it not, not everyone have a car and therefore a driver license, not everyone go to Cancun or some such place on vacations and have a passport or is a gun nut like me and have a state conceal carry license for that matter.

Mostly it the people on the lower end of society, in the economic sense at least, that do not have government picture IDs as a matter of course as those in the Middle class and above carry.

They often do not have bank accounts, or credit cards or a thousands and one things most of us can not picture living without.

However they are citizens with the same rights of citizenships we all have and there is zero moral right to put road blocks up front of them to vote in the hope they will not jump though hoops needed to get the IDs needed by them "just" to vote.

Add to that the fact that the excuse of blocking fraudulent voting for all that hoop jumping had not been shown to exist with for example not one case in the state of PA.

So I would suggest cutting the bullshit out and be honest in admitting that these law exist for the sole reason of reducing the numbers of the poor that are likely to vote.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 05:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David, You are legendary for your "chronic paranoia" that has to do with "fear" and the need to have guns to protect yourself.

Your fears are extreme and not normal. Most people rely on our police and legal system to protect us, and guns are used more for sport than self-protection.
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  0  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 06:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
That's not the definition Merry intended, Dave, but you know this which makes you a paranoid liar.

Your chronic lying is also legendary on A2K.

0 Replies
 
mysteryman
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 07:43 pm
@BillRM,
But everyone can get a picture id for free or very little cost at your local dmv or county courthouse.
Its all a matter of priorities. If you want to vote, get an id.
Nobody is losing their right to vote, nobody is being disenfranchised.
Its a simple choice, do you want to vote or not?

BTW, how do these people that say they can't afford an id cash their checks?
You have to have id to do that in most places.
parados
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 07:46 pm
@mysteryman,
I never have to show an id when I deposit a check in my bank account. I haven't had to for years. My id could have expired 5 years ago and it wouldn't have made a difference. I can use my bank card to deposit checks and get cash. No need for an id.
Lustig Andrei
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 07:47 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:
BTW, how do these people that say they can't afford an id cash their checks?
You have to have id to do that in most places.


Most people these days don't deal with checks but have direct deposit. I'm not sure that the Social Security Admin. even mails checks any more. People who receive public assistance have EBT cards (that stands for Electronic Benefit Transfer, btw) which enable them to draw funds from any ATM.
0 Replies
 
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 08:18 pm
@parados,
Anyone can use any credit card without an ID.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 09:50 pm
@mysteryman,
Yes anyone can get a voter ID all they need to do is take a day off work and go by two buses or so spending money they do not have to get there for an ID that they need only to vote.

All this to 'prevent' a crime that there is zero indication is happening so once more lest be as honest as some of GOP lawmakers who wrote the laws had been this is design for only one purpose voters suppression of valid and lawful voters that are not likely to vote for GOP candidates.



BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 09:53 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
BTW, how do these people that say they can't afford an id cash their checks?
You have to have id to do that in most places.


You go to ripped off places that cash checks for large fees and I never been to one of them however my bet off hand is that if you had a water bill or an electric bill or some such with the name on it that would be good enough ID.

Of course you and I do not live in such a world so we do not thankfully know the details of it workings.
RABEL222
 
  3  
Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 12:44 am
@mysteryman,
Not if you are known where you cash it. I have a gun card but they wont accept it as identification. Even has my picture on it. The town I live in is 25 mi from the county seat. I guess you expect 80 and 90 year olds to walk there because here you lose your license after a certain age. We dont have public transportation here.
0 Replies
 
Lustig Andrei
 
  1  
Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 04:06 pm
@BillRM,
For once you're wrong on that, Bill. Mot of those check-cashing joints are a lot harder on demanding all sorts of dumb IDs than most banks. But, as I said in my previous post, the use of checks is becoming less and less of a commonplace in this country. Everybody has a piece of plastic -- debit or credit -- even folks who get welfare payments. Those payments aren't sent out in check form any more; they're direct-deposited to your account. If you don't have a bank account when you sign up for welfare, they'll open one for you in a bank of their choice. They'll give you an EBT card which looks just like any ATm card and works the same way. Ain't modern finance wunnaful?
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 04:23 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I remember a time about two decades ago when we were discussing the "cashless society," and how most of us felt that was way out into the future - possibly beyond our time, but look at what's happening. I rarely write any checks any more; if I write a handful in one year, that's a alot, and that's mostly for charity and magazine subscriptions.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2012 04:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am down to one check a month for myself and one check every two months for my mother.

Oh I hardly ever use cash either just a credit card who balance I paid off every month by way of online banking.
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/12/2021 at 09:01:46