Arizona does it again!!! (Is this legal?)

JTT

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 07:34 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Please don't try to lecture me about evidence. I'm in a courtroom every day.

How much do court reporters make, Tico?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 07:50 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:

Yes, you need evidence.

Perhaps you can lecture me then on how you are going to prosecute someone under the law you cited if they are already in the country? I am eager to hear how you will do so.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:24 pm
@parados,
I second that! How? Having laws and enforcing them are two different issues.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:38 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:
. . . and nobody hase to tell me how many lawyers never go to court for anything.
I would like someone to tell me why they went into law in the first place.
Litigation can be a lot of FUN
if u r looking good on liability, but it appears that
thay have other prosperous practices and thay get
a hired gun when thay need one.

David
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:45 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Perhaps you can lecture me then on how you are going to prosecute someone under the law you cited if they are already in the country? I am eager to hear how you will do so.

Why would they be prosecuted for that offense if they were NOT in the country?

Are you seriously suggesting that a prosecutor is UNABLE to get a conviction for that offense???

What a maroon.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:54 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Quote:

Yes, you need evidence.

Perhaps you can lecture me then on how you are going to prosecute someone under the law you cited
if they are already in the country? I am eager to hear how you will do so.
How about eye witness testimony??
Ever hear of turning an accomplice ?

Maybe fotografic evidence ?
How about admissions or confessions ?

Do these gratify your eagerness ????

David
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:54 pm
@Ticomaya,
It's not about a prosecutor's inability to get a conviction; it's about bringing the charge for that offense. How many have been charged out of the some 12 million illegals in this country? Do you really think they're going to spend the time and money to seek out all of them?
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:55 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You're also not thinking; how many eye-witnesses have turned them in? Give us some numbers that makes your charge credible?
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 08:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

It's not about a prosecutor's inability to get a conviction; it's about bringing the charge for that offense. How many have been charged out of the some 12 million illegals in this country? Do you really think they're going to spend the time and money to seek out all of them?

That's an entirely different kettle of fish than what parados is referring to.

The answer to your second question is a big fat no.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:00 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You're also not thinking [???]; how many eye-witnesses have turned them in? Give us some numbers that makes your charge credible?
I was addressing Mr. Parados' questions.
If u read them, then u shud be able to understand.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:16 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I'm on the right issue and tract. You wrote,

Quote:
@parados,
parados wrote:
Quote:

Yes, you need evidence.

How about eye witness testimony??
Ever hear of turning an accomplice ?
Maybe fotografic evidence ?
How about admissions or confessions ?

Do these gratify your eagerness ????
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:19 pm
@Ticomaya,
You're the one who brought up immigration laws.

Let's face it; both democratic and republican administrations and congress have done nothing except add more security guards at the border - in piecemeal fashion.
Torii

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:40 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Maybe citizens of Arizona with such intentions should start walking in the shoes of some young illegal immigrants.
I have a friend from asia, came here when he was 2 yrs old on his parents visa. His dad tried and tried again to get a greencard for 15 years, failed unfortunately due to some ill intentions from company lawyer who "lost paperwork" and they had to restart their process twice. Finally, the government revoked their renewal when he was 17, and the parents overstayed their visas. So now he is close to my age, 19 and majoring in accounting. He got so close in the process to attain the green card that he has SSN, an alien number, and a work permit. But since his work permit has an expiration date and must be renewed, when his visa was revoked, the government declined to renew his work permit. If he is deported he'd have to go back to Korea and learn to speak and write Korean and be of the same aptitude to understand some college courses not in English that are required to graduate. That is too much to ask, and almost impossible, and it is totally inconsiderate and unfair I think. That's is the same as ruining that person's future. I don't think kids should pay for their parents mistakes. If people still believe that, they are out of date, impolite, and inhumane.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:53 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You're the one who brought up immigration laws.

Parados asked MM to cite the specific law regarding being in the US illegally, and he did so. MA then applauded parados, because he bought parados' line of bullshit, momentarily. I only cited the immigration law to point MA in the right direction.

I quoted and linked to the law previously cited by MM, and you told me I was "missing the point."

The law exists, c.i., and I neither wrote it or voted for it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:56 pm
@Torii,
Torii wrote:
... That is too much to ask, and almost impossible, and it is totally inconsiderate and unfair I think. That's is the same as ruining that person's future. I don't think kids should pay for their parents mistakes. If people still believe that, they are out of date, impolite, and inhumane.

Hear, hear.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:57 pm
@Torii,
Hi Torii. Haven't seen you around before, but it looks like you've been here a while.

I agree that our processes for legal immigration are unfair, inefficient, and sometimes irrational. I am certain your friend would have been eligible under the Dream Act, and at present it doesn't look like he or she could be deported. It's kind of confusing to have a status that is illegal without have done anything that is illegal, and have to depend on someone's word that existing law is still there, but won't be enforced.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 09:58 pm
@Torii,
Quote:
I don't think kids should pay for their parents mistakes.
nor in an ideal world should they benefit from their parents criminal acts against us. we should send these people back to the country they belong to and perhaps give them an express lane to come to America legally.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
I don't think kids should pay for their parents mistakes.
nor in an ideal world should they benefit from their parents criminal acts against us. we should send these people back to the country they belong to and perhaps give them an express lane to come to America legally.

Have you no sense of compassion, at long last?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 19 Aug, 2012 10:18 pm
@Ticomaya,
Quote:
Have you no sense of compassion, at long last?
americans have no leg to stand on with that argument given how many parents we currently have rotting in our jails for relatively trivial offenses as their kids are deprived and often impoverished as a result. these illegal kids sure must be special since we claim to care so much for their welfare when we clearly dont give a **** about the welfare of these underaged citizens.

i at least am consistent.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 20 Aug, 2012 08:20 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
It seems humorous that supporters of obama get near hysterical at the thought
that he will lose the votes of illegal aliens, if voters r legally required to present fotografic id. at the polls.

You mean all ten votes that had been shown to had been illegally cast in the whole nation since the year 2000?

It the legal votes of legal citizens by the hundreds of thousands that the GOP wish to block not illegal votes.