JPB

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 11:42 am
Quote:
WASHINGTON -- A Republican member of the Tennessee state legislature emailed constituents Tuesday morning with a rumor circulating in conservative circles that President Barack Obama is planning to stage a fake assassination attempt in an effort to stop the 2012 election from happening.

Rep. Kelly Keisling (R-Byrdstown) sent an email from his state email account to constituents containing a rumor that Obama and the Department of Homeland Security are planning a series of events that could lead to the imposition of "martial law" and delay the election. Among the events hypothesized in the email is a staged assassination attempt on the president that would lead to civil unrest in urban areas and martial law. More

Seriously? Seriously.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 22 • Views: 9,308 • Replies: 155

Rockhead

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 11:45 am
@JPB,
Rush Limbytes...

Politics has gone Paris Hilton.

all show, no substance atall...
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:12 pm
A zombie attack would have been sooooo much better!

He has no imagination!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:29 pm
There's nothing new under the sun. In 1971 & -72, such a rumor was circulating about Nixon.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:41 pm
@JPB,
I didn't know Rep. Kelly Keisling (R-Byrdstown) had learned to write E-Mail yet.

BBB
JPB

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 12:48 pm
More lunacy...

Quote:
Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA) today compared a new regulation requiring insurers to provide women birth control without a copay to September 11th or Pearl Harbor.

In a speech on the House floor, Kelly said it was such a travesty that women wouldn’t be paying hundreds of dollars a year in copays that it should go down in history as a great tragedy similar to those two events that killed thousands of Americans:

“I know in your mind you can think of the times America was attacked,” said Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), a freshman.

“One is December 7 — that is Pearl Harbor Day. Another was September 11 — that was the day of the terrorist attack.

“I want you to remember August 1, 2012 — the attack on our religious freedom. That is a date that will live in infamy, along with those other dates.” You can't make this **** up!
thack45

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 01:17 pm
I initially thought this thread was going to be about the decryptonuts... who the hell are THOSE people?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 02:55 pm
It sounds like the wing nuts are working themselves into a royal panic as they realize what a loser they have for the GOP nomination.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:11 pm
@Butrflynet,
They're all losers; they're in a panic mode, and their brains have already calcified into dumb.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:25 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

More lunacy...

Quote:
Rep. Mike Kelly (R-PA) today compared a new regulation requiring insurers to provide women birth control without a copay to September 11th or Pearl Harbor.

This is totally assinine, but it does indicate that Kelly never lost anyone on either Dec 7 or Sept 11.

Now, I continue to oppose this as bad legislation interferring with our right to make contracts. Those wanting a higher level of coverage can pay a higher premium; those wanting a lower premium should be able to elect less coverage.
JPB

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:32 pm
@roger,
I think it's a subversive attempt to try to get low income women on birth control. RvW allowed them the right to an abortion but the conservatives prevented them from being able to afford one. Birth rates in poor areas are much higher than average and I'd much rather pay for someone's bc pills than support their numerous children for years.
roger

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 03:43 pm
@JPB,
I agree with all you are saying. I continue to believe it is wrongful interference by the government in a private transaction.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:15 pm
@roger,
Do you agree that women who want birth control should be able to get them wether they can afford them or not? The conservatives think not.
roger

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:23 pm
@RABEL222,
Do you believe people in Hell should have ice water?

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:24 pm
@roger,
But, of coarse!
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:26 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

I didn't know Rep. Kelly Keisling (R-Byrdstown) had learned to write E-Mail yet.

BBB

Oh, he has staff does that for him, BBB.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:26 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Would you agree, then, that that should be a mandated part of every health insurance policy sold?
RABEL222

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:29 pm
@roger,
If you dident want to give a rational answer you should have kept your hands in your pockets.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 1 Aug, 2012 05:44 pm
@roger,
Yes, in the same way that voters are required to have a government issued picture ID to vote.

The next step, of coarse, is that everybody will have to pay a tax to go to hell.

We all know everybody is going to hell, because I say so.
RABEL222

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 12:11 am
@cicerone imposter,
Not me! I'm going to Texas, oh wait!!
0 Replies