roger

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 12:38 am
@RABEL222,
I saw nothing relevant or rational in your post. If you would like to try again later, feel free.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 08:35 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Do you agree that women who want birth control should be able to get them wether they can afford them or not? The conservatives think not.

I say "yes", that way they can have a baby when they want to have one.

Joe(Instead of how millions of my generation did it)Nation
RABEL222

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 06:06 pm
@Joe Nation,
I agree.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Aug, 2012 10:31 pm
@Joe Nation,

Especially if they can't afford them.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 12:47 am
@JPB,
Simple question:

Do you believe this represents the the general understanding and motivation of Republicans and Tea Party members?

A more difficult question (or what should be more difficult): On what basis?

If you do, than we can look to Cynthia McKenna (among others) to reflect the thinking of Democrats and liberals across the nation.

We can spend quite some time and space trading stories about the wild ass comments of individual politicans in both parties.

Why do you ask about "these" people? You know the identity of the person who sent the e-mail.

JPB

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 05:09 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Do you believe this represents the the general understanding and motivation of Republicans and Tea Party members?

No, that's why comments like these are so remarkable. There's a lunatic fringe element of both parties but the TPers seem to be much more weighted towards lunacy than run-of-the-mill Dems or Republicans.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Rs will ultimately split into two parties. I've been ragging about the two-party system and the need for a viable third party for decades. Maybe this is the beginning of what, in the future, will become center right and far right parties.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 11:52 am
@JPB,
I agree; the trend has been in that direction - toward the right.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 12:03 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
and yet you went to a republican rally with a birther headliner, and came away uplifted.

I think JPB is spot on about an eventual split in the elephants...
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 12:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
If you do, than we can look to Cynthia McKenna (among others)

Simple question:

You're American, right, from Texas, right?
ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 12:59 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Simple question:
You're American, right, from Texas, right?

simple question:

what country are you posting from?

don't ask if you're not gonna tell

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb57524/wikiality/images/2/2a/Hypnotic.gif
JTT

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 01:20 pm
@ehBeth,
The question was rhetorical, Beth. Someone with your level of intelligence would have known that.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 03:34 pm
@JPB,
Benjamin Franklin wrote--

Quote:
In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such, because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall have become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other.

This was read to the Convention by James Wilson (Pennsylvania) because of Franklin's age and infirmities.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 04:42 pm
@JPB,
What is the core of their lunacy? A smaller and less profligate government and greater individual freedom?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 04:46 pm
@RABEL222,
Identify one actual woman who can't obtain birth control pills if she wants them.

This is a hollow argument that you and your pals constantly make.
spendius

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 05:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Birth control can be practised by any woman who has the skill to hutch the hips. And I've never met a woman who was deficient in that respect.

If it is considered impolite it's a misogynist's etiquette.
JTT

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 06:38 pm
@spendius,
Birth control can also be practiced by any of the legally available options.
JPB

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 08:23 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
GEORGE WASHINGTON, Farewell Address, Sep. 17, 1796

However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 08:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Oh come on, Finn. A legislator sending a mass email from his office email that says Obama is planning on organizing a mock assassination in order to declare martial law and postpone the next election and equating no cost birth control for women to Pearl Harbor and 9/11? The core of their lunacy in too many Fruit Loops for breakfast.
JTT

Reply Sat 4 Aug, 2012 09:04 pm
@JPB,
That Finn could advance such a ludicrous diversion, which is hardly something new or uncommon for him, speaks volumes about his level of sanity.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Aug, 2012 07:34 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Birth control can also be practiced by any of the legally available options.

It is still cheating evolution.

It is the fact that evolutionists are pro artificial birth control that led me to realise that science has nothing to do with their position. The science is brought in to try to justify pantsdown conveniences of one sort or another.

The fact that artificial birth control is very tempting has nothing to do with whether it is to be recommended. It being promoted is merely a business proposition.