Baldimo

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 01:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Name calling yeah yeah yeah. Get real CI.

How many of these developed countries lead the world in Medical technology development?

I'm wondering about my check, because you guys claim medical insurance companies were screwing us. The govt imposed artificial spending limits on the insurance companies and they have to send out checks for any spending over the 20% artificial limit. Where is my check? I have been waiting and waiting but there is nothing in the mail. If I was getting screwed and needed the govt to protect me from the evil insurance companies why haven't I received my check?

The answer is I wasn't getting screwed and my insurance was just fine. Now my costs are going up and I have to carry coverage I don't need. Looks like the screwing started with Obamacare.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 01:51 pm
@Baldimo,
I got one of those checks.

And before you get on me for not shopping around, bear in mind that I'm effectively limited to the choices provided by my employer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 01:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Medical technology? We're talking about universal health care; a very different subject.

BTW, on medical technology.
Quote:
While the US has remained a world leader in medical technology innovation, a report released this week found that the US medical technology industry to global dominance may be slipping. The report entitled “Medical Technology Innovation Scorecard: The Race for Global Leadership,” predicts that China, India and Brazil will experience the strongest gains in developing next-generation lifesaving products, as capital, jobs and research gravitate toward these growing markets.

From http://www.policymed.com/2011/01/pwc-medical-technology-innovation-scorecard-us-falling-behind-in-the-race-for-global-leadership.html
DrewDad

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 01:55 pm
@Eva,
Eva wrote:
If insurance companies separated policies into "With" and "Without" BC coverage, many people would choose the lower-cost "Without BC" policies.

I guarantee, the "without BC coverage" is going to be higher.

Insurance companies choose to include birth control because it saves them money.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 02:00 pm
@DrewDad,
Sounds right to this reader!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 02:09 pm
@DrewDad,
I should have added, it saves them and their customers money.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 02:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I wonder why capital, jobs and research are gravitating towards those countries? Could it be that Obama has made the US less attractive to companies wanting to come here or develop here? They are going to other countries because we no longer have a business friendly country. The rich are evil and want to enslave us, that is the message from the President.

What is Obama doing to keep them here?
DrewDad

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 02:15 pm
@Baldimo,
China is pretty damned "business friendly" but I sure as hell don't want to live there or work there.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 02:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Obama is not the one who makes the US less friendly. But then, you have no idea how international trade works anywhos.

Many countries have established businesses in the US - including China, but I'm sure you're ignorant of this fact.
Baldimo

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 02:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Really CI? Try to be friendly.

I have a pretty good idea on how it works. I can tell you that there are a lot of companies that refuse to do business in certain EU countries because they are not business friendly. Take France for instance. The company I work for will not do regular sales in France because of the taxes. Instead they go to Ireland where the tax system is more friendly. The same thing is going to happen here if we are not careful.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 03:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Well, well, well; you do understand international trade! Different countries try to protect their own industries, and always argue with the WTO to make sure they're getting an even break. It's sort of like a "democracy," but we all know democracies don't work for every one.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 03:14 pm
@Baldimo,
If you are legally qualified to get a refund check and you're not getting yours, that's your problem Learn to work with the system. Write to your congressman.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2012 09:24 pm
@DrewDad,
You may be right!

I am reminded of the fact that insurance companies typically don't cover infertility. It's cheaper for them if people don't have children.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 02:49 pm
Quote:
It's not the title of an Onion article. It's not humor at all. Right here, in the United States of America, a prominent Christian leader is calling for taxes on people who do not go to church. Bryan Fisher, of the American Family Association, had this to say during his radio show:

“Because after all, Obamacare is all about improving the health of the American people,” the radio host explained. “We know that going to church is good for you, it’s good for your health. So we are going to mandate that you go to church for your own health and we are going to tax the atheists who don’t go to church.” More lunacy

WTF are "we"?
roger

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 03:09 pm
@JPB,
Who the hell *are* these people?
spendius

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 03:15 pm
@JPB,
If it is bad for a person being an atheist I assume they have shorter life spans than believers and thus are less of a drain on the economy in relation to pensions and other benefits than people who live long past retiring get. Atheists should therefore be taxed less.

Mr Fisher should keep his trap shut instead of blowing the gaff on believers having it both ways.

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 03:16 pm
@JPB,
Good q; the so-called Americans are so confused about almost everything, who the hell are we? They vote to increase their own income taxes while advocating for more tax cuts for the wealthy, and want to vote to change MediCare into a voucher system.

That isn't nuts, it's insane!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 03:19 pm
@spendius,
It's the same with smokers. A lot of them die before retiring age and are taxed by non smokers to help to pay for them dragging it out for years and years, whining and moaning and complaining, at the prices quacks charge to enable them to.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 03:25 pm
@roger,
Chick-fil-a dollars at work.
spendius

Reply Fri 17 Aug, 2012 05:09 pm
@JPB,
Reality is not your bag is it JP? Sneers stage left is easier I'll admit.